Eragon to be on D+

Thom

Still early in development, but Paolini is working with Disney Plus to bring his Inheritance series back to live-action. He's is producing as well as co-writing.

Very cool news. I've finally read through the series and enjoyed it a lot.

https://whatsondisneyplus.com/eragon-creator-confirms-disney-series-in-development/

Edited by Thom

Huh, I never heard anything like that but I read them long after they had all been published. I found the second book really cringey but the other three are solid. Let's be honest, Star Wars' writing is rubbish (not saying I don't love those movies though). I guess Eragon had some relationship-based plot twists and magic but all had their own spin on it and every author is borrowing from something. So, regardless of what comes of this Disney series, I would recommend them as an audiobook if you're commuting or something like that. I believe Eragon helped me get through a lot of trips back and forth when I was in the middle of a long move. 

Haven't heard that either, but then Star Wars is also a 'knock-off' from several Samurai movies. It does follow the 'standard' story of a young nobody finding something of great power and going on a trek to save the world. Most everything is a knock off of something, but it is how it is done that makes it a success.

Would be great if they could Wiessman back to voice Saphira and I wouldn't mind them keeping her design from the film, yes even the feathers.  Everything else, well Jermey Irons did do the best with what he had, needs a rehaul.  

Never read the books, did see the movie. It wasn’t great, but you could see potential for a good story if done right. Hopefully they can make a good show out of it. Not sure where the Star Wars comparison came in, but I remember a lot of people were comparing it to lord of the rings and lion the witch and the wardrobe due to the fantasy elements and a bunch of fantasy stuff was big at the time

3 hours ago, Big s said:

Never read the books, did see the movie. It wasn’t great, but you could see potential for a good story if done right. Hopefully they can make a good show out of it. Not sure where the Star Wars comparison came in, but I remember a lot of people were comparing it to lord of the rings and lion the witch and the wardrobe due to the fantasy elements and a bunch of fantasy stuff was big at the time

Something something compared to something something, is always common.

If you are a big reader, I'd suggest getting the books. The movie lopped off half of what was in the first book and changed the rest for... reasons. There is so much in there, with Eragon alone, that a single movie would never be enough for it. And they were going to make a series of movies, which then begs the question, why truncate and lose half of the story if they were going to give themselves the time anyway to tell it?

6 hours ago, Wolf-1 said:

Would be great if they could Wiessman back to voice Saphira and I wouldn't mind them keeping her design from the film, yes even the feathers.  Everything else, well Jermey Irons did do the best with what he had, needs a rehaul.  

Weiss was great as the voice of Saphira and the dragon form was really good, though I've always liked longer snouts. Both her and Irons were the only good parts of the whole movie. He just needed a better script. Whomever they get as Brom for the series has some big shoes to fill, IMO.

22 hours ago, Thom said:

Weiss was great as the voice of Saphira and the dragon form was really good, though I've always liked longer snouts. Both her and Irons were the only good parts of the whole movie. He just needed a better script. Whomever they get as Brom for the series has some big shoes to fill, IMO.

Well she was practically just a new born; she was still undersized compared to Red that showed up at the end of book 2, though the reason for that is later revealed.  So, that snout will undoubtly grow with time.

3 hours ago, Wolf-1 said:

Well she was practically just a new born; she was still undersized compared to Red that showed up at the end of book 2, though the reason for that is later revealed.  So, that snout will undoubtly grow with time.

Yeah, but then they had that whole scene where she grew to adulthood in a matter of moments. That alone was warning enough that they were taking short-cuts. For this series, I hope they go long and slow and take their time. And make her snout a little longer!