Optimus Prime

1 VF-1 2NV

I got 2 of em :D !

Checked out my local Walmart after dropping off my wife to work this morning and lo and behold, there they were on the floor. I guess the young lady working the toy section did not get a chance to put them on the shelves yet. She was still opening boxes in the other toy aisles.

Looks like blue windshield and black gun!

post-26-1075486688_thumb.jpg

Checked out my local Walmart after dropping off my wife to work this morning and lo and behold, there they were on the floor. I guess the young lady working the toy section did not get a chance to put them on the shelves yet. She was still opening boxes in the other toy aisles.

sweet! i got 1 takara version.

like others have asked, how much are the North American releases going for? Didn't know that the N. American releases would be different than the Japanese version, if the prices are similar I would rather have the takara version.

looks like they are around $60. The Takara go from anywhere from $99 to $130.

like others have asked, how much are the North American releases going for? Didn't know that the N. American releases would be different than the Japanese version,  if the prices are similar I would rather have the takara version.

i got it fo r$105. i tloosk soo sweeet!!

like others have asked, how much are the North American releases going for? Didn't know that the N. American releases would be different than the Japanese version,  if the prices are similar I would rather have the takara version.

i got it fo r$105. i tloosk soo sweeet!!

I two of mine for $88 and the other for $90.

That gun looks pretty gray to me. I thought that the second run of Primes was going to have black guns.

I've had as many as 5 Takara primes in my possession. I've seen enough of them. If Hasbro version goes on sale maybe I'll pick one up to leave in truck form or something.

Heck, I'm still waiting to see Sideswipe on the shelf let alone Prime.

The price difference between the Primes really comes down to preference, IMO. Long or short smokestacks, battle damage, trailer or no trailer (hardly should make a price difference) and which box you want. Where in the Alt/BT line the price you willing to pay DOES indeed make a big difference in what you're getting.

What part of the country do you live in? Now I got to decide whether I should go out and do some shopping this weekend. :)

What part of the country do you live in? Now I got to decide whether I should go out and do some shopping this weekend. :)

I believe he lives in hawaii. I gotta go check out the stores myself now. I still don't have the takara version yet! :( I'm just waiting on tamim to let me know when he'll be able to sell me one. Either way, I'ma buy the hasbro one to play with and keep the takara one in the box. :p:D:lol:

So the US one has the same die-cast content?

I have been waiting on this one since I cant afford the import one.

yeah, from what everybody has been talking about, it's suppose to have the same about of die-cast metal as the takara version. I guess the only difference now is the smokestacks and the battle damage look. I hope 1 VF-1 2NV can open one up and confirm this with us. It looks like he's planning on leaving them in the box as I would. :p:D:lol:

I recently received the MP Convoy. Loving it. I just tried out the 20th Anniversary Prime at work along with Alternator Sideswipe. Content wise, he is exact to Convoy. But the paint job looks worse in person. On my coworkers version, the "dirt" paint is splattered all over his bot mode chrome grill. There were two things I've found interesting.

1) He got the last two at the Wal-Marts in his area. BOTH of them has the Grey Buster Rifle. He was aware that a black one exists, and was looking for it to no avail. He lives in Delaware County, PA.

2) The messed up smokestacks are spring loaded like Convoy, and not solidly installed like the original 80s version.

All in all, I suppose if you don't wanna pay for the clean look and long stacks, it's okay. And for those who are wishing for an all plastic version, not gonna happen.

Got mine at Wal Mart this week for 64 bucks.

Im quite happy with it.

Sorry, the Takara aint got anything worth another 36 more bucks to it.

Some of us aint made of money, and believe in getting a good value. Not to mention I consider 64 bucks a bit high, even if Prime is just shy of a foot tall in robot mode.

He makes for a great centerpiece display on top of the digital cable decoder on top of the TV set though. Right now he only has Alternators Smokescreen to look awesome with him, but that should change soon enough.