Macross spy valks

Pontus

This thread will probably die off quickly, but I wanted to give some love to the spy planes.  I've always fancied them with the big disc on top, especially the RVF-25 which happens to be my favorite color, sea green, and I recently picked up a Chuck Mustang VF-31E (in my other favorite color, orange).  So I guess I have to find a Vsn2 RVF-25 and a 1/60 scale VE-1 Elintseeker now - even though I don't collect Fronteir/DYRL toys - just to complete the collection of spy valks of course.

But are there any other "spy valks" that I'm missing here?  Wasn't there one in SDFM that was a bit different from the VE-1 of DYRL?  (or maybe I'm thinking of the trip to Alaska Hikaru and Misa took).  Oooh, gotta get a 1/72 scout regult to go with them.  Gotta have that spy vs spy action!  :touche:

Awesome, thank you everyone.  I forgot about that RVF-171 which is a really cool looking machine!  Hope I can find one for a decent price eventually.

1 hour ago, arrow said:

your missing RVF 171

Which show/movie/media did the VF-11C appear in?  I'm assuming it was Macross Plus, but I don't remember a scene with that.

Edit: nevermind, found it.  Well, close at least, it's the VE-11, and it looks awesome!  

I think I'll just go with Hasegawa fighter kits since the DX versions are all very expensive, and they only really look their best in fighter anyway.

Edited by Pontus

5 hours ago, Pontus said:

But are there any other "spy valks" that I'm missing here?  Wasn't there one in SDFM that was a bit different from the VE-1 of DYRL?  (or maybe I'm thinking of the trip to Alaska Hikaru and Misa took).  Oooh, gotta get a 1/72 scout regult to go with them.  Gotta have that spy vs spy action!  :touche:

VEFR-1 is the SDFM one you were describing.  There was also a VF-17D with radome.

1 hour ago, wmkjr said:

VEFR-1 is the SDFM one you were describing.  There was also a VF-17D with radome.

Ok, that was hard to find but fun!  According to this, it appears only in ep.27, so I pulled it up on youtube... and even just skimming around looking for it with no sound on, I'm honestly tearing up here.  What an amazing episode, my favorite I think, the culmination of all of the astropolitical AND the personal drama, destruction of earth, and the retaliation and war juxtaposed against interglactic cooperation, personal and social love, and "culture."  Wow, reminds me why I love this show so much. :wub::give_rose:

Anyway, @11:28 you see the VEFR-1 for all of a fraction of a second in the fleet of valks gathered in front of the SDF-1.

image.png.2414f3cf6d3e533e32505ba5a58a3137.png

8 hours ago, Pontus said:

Awesome, thank you everyone.  I forgot about that RVF-171 which is a really cool looking machine!  Hope I can find one for a decent price eventually.

Yes she's a lovely bird!

49992867488_77e38c63bd_o.jpg

They pop up on Mandarake from time to time for around 18000-20000 yen. The price has been at that level for years.

On 8/12/2022 at 7:26 AM, Pontus said:

This thread will probably die off quickly, but I wanted to give some love to the spy planes.  I've always fancied them with the big disc on top, especially the RVF-25 which happens to be my favorite color, sea green, and I recently picked up a Chuck Mustang VF-31E (in my other favorite color, orange).  So I guess I have to find a Vsn2 RVF-25 and a 1/60 scale VE-1 Elintseeker now - even though I don't collect Fronteir/DYRL toys - just to complete the collection of spy valks of course.

On the plus side Arcadia did just re-release the 1/60 VE-1 not too long ago and they can still be found at Amazon Japan, etc…

On 8/12/2022 at 8:41 AM, Pontus said:

and they only really look their best in fighter anyway.

Disagree.  Gerwalk is where it’s at.

Gerwalk is special. It is the mode you use to catch people (usually women for whatever reason) falling in the sky.  The best thing is that there is a mode for everyone to enjoy. Unless you are one of those who wants to be able to display in all modes. Then you have some unique challenges. :rofl: