9 minutes ago, Big s said:

Snyder was kind of a mess before he departed during justice league. Man of steel wasn’t that great and Batman vs Superman was just bad. Justice league probably wouldn’t have ended up that much better. Overall the whole dc movie franchise has been a mess and there’s no way Gunn can do any worse as long as he sticks to his guns and stays in control.

The debate rages on!😜

All-in-all, I'm looking forward to what he does. (please give us a Supergirl..)

20 hours ago, Thom said:

The debate rages on!😜

All-in-all, I'm looking forward to what he does. (please give us a Supergirl..)

I have a feeling that with a reboot, it’s probably gonna be a while till there’s a super girl movie or cameo. I think they will probably start with a new Superman since they just put out a new Batman even though that is still being considered an unattached movie, but that’s all just guessing for now

More than likely, that decision was made because his movie is done and just awaiting release, whereas all the others (except for Aqua2) were still just pipe-dreams. Still, that they have dumped Gadot and Cavil and Momoa but kept Miller is like a bad pill.

Right now, (and as my own pipe dream) I'm really hoping the end of his movie will lead into a cinematic New52.😁

4 hours ago, Thom said:

More than likely, that decision was made because his movie is done and just awaiting release, whereas all the others (except for Aqua2) were still just pipe-dreams. Still, that they have dumped Gadot and Cavil and Momoa but kept Miller is like a bad pill.

Right now, (and as my own pipe dream) I'm really hoping the end of his movie will lead into a cinematic New52.😁

I thought this snyderverse was the new 52 since Superman lost his undies.

• 4 weeks later...
  • sh9000 changed the title to DC Universe (DCU)

I'll watch (most) of the movies and (some) of the series, but not all. That's just too much. I'll happily pick and choose and go from there.

I'm real excited for a new Supergirl movie, and hopefully one with the New52 version's edge. And that Gadot, Affleck and Momoa are not fully out, but might still be in there. I will definitely watch more Batman, both versions, and more Superman, which is gladly not going to redo the whole beginning all over again. And bring on a series based on Themyscira! Awesome. Can't wait to see Gunn's DC'verse!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, TangledThorns said:

About time they cast an AMERICAN actor as Superman, lol. Same should be for Batman too!! British actors are taking our jerbs!!

It’s ok, they probably feel the same way whenever we cast some American for a movie that takes place in England and force them to do a bad British accent 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Raikkonen said:

Gun really needs to pull out every trick from his hat as superhero fatigue is spreading and lasting longer than any plague. 

I’ve said it before, but I still don’t believe in superhero fatigue. Give people a great movie and they’ll show up. If there’s good word from people and critics, then people will check it out. That goes for shows as well as films. People are excited for The Boys and Invincible, but could care less for poorly written shows like She Hulk or Mrs Marvel. If Gunn can bring an audience with Guardians of the Galaxy 3, he’s got a good chance at this new project, but if the writing isn’t there then nobody will care.

46 minutes ago, Big s said:

I’ve said it before, but I still don’t believe in superhero fatigue. Give people a great movie and they’ll show up. If there’s good word from people and critics, then people will check it out. That goes for shows as well as films. People are excited for The Boys and Invincible, but could care less for poorly written shows like She Hulk or Mrs Marvel. If Gunn can bring an audience with Guardians of the Galaxy 3, he’s got a good chance at this new project, but if the writing isn’t there then nobody will care.

THIS! However I think the comic book hero bloat doesn't help the more better made films and series.  But who knew PRIME would have the best comic book hero series (animated and live action) on streaming IMHO?

Edited by TangledThorns

48 minutes ago, Big s said:

I agree that good writing plays a huge part in word of mouth, but lets also look at somethings:

- When Disney+Marvel started with Ironman 1, they turned it into a yearly event that built anticipation during that wait. Then it became 2 films a year, 3 films a year, to eventualy 4-5 films a year along with 3-4 shows. And all with the same formula, protagonists overcome whatever challenges to level up so to stop galaxy ending event. 

- While that happened, DC was trying to play catch up with it's own versions, albeit same formula. And then along the way, we had others, mainly shows trying to jump on the same ban wagon all pretty much from comics/graphic novels. 

Me personally, I use to consume all of it, then after Endgame, I felt exhausted that I stopped caring like I did because suddenly it kicked in that it's the same repetitive staff that will soon be rebooted so we can consume more of it. And a lot of people in my circle feel the same with the usual "Oh, another Batman." "Oh, again Spiderman." 

And this is happening because there's too much, asides of bad quality too lately, and we're not given a breather, a chance to digest the last as another one is already pumping teaser trailers.

As for guardians 3, it still didn't deliver expectations of when they set out making it (So reliable youtubers say?), and it made it's numbers for several separate reasons, 2 being that girls want to see Chris Pratt, and it filled growing void of late in cinema, that of high end action space Sci-fi. 

As for the Boys, that show solely relies in selling vulgar and violet shock, remove those 2 gimmicks, and it wouldn't have gone beyond season 1 regardless how memorable of a villian Homelander is. 

Invicible? No one outside of the US cares for it, and took so long for the producers to decide on a season 2. 

Superhero Fatigue is real. Numbers speak for themselves. And it's only a matter of time, that good shows and films will flop due to exhaustion of constantly the same thing. Look at Merch and comics, those too are no longer Juggernauts they were once... 

Edited by Raikkonen

6 hours ago, Raikkonen said:

As for guardians 3, it still didn't deliver expectations of when they set out making it (So reliable youtubers say?), and it made it's numbers for several separate reasons, 2 being that girls want to see Chris Pratt, and it filled growing void of late in cinema, that of high end action space Sci-fi. 

It probably would have made more if it wasn’t for the stink of recent Disney. Eternals was horribly forgettable and convoluted, Dr Strange wasn’t very good, I personally liked the last Thor, but the word of mouth wasn’t there from others and Wakanda Forever was unfortunately missing its star. Ant man came out with bad writing and cheap looking effects. So to be honest it was a lackluster line of films leading up to it, yet it still ended up getting an audience.

As far as DC, their strategy for movies has been a mistake. The weird  idea of connecting movies and things that don’t have anything to do with anything is odd. Although Joker and the Batman did alright. The Snyderverse was a total failure though that started with having the greatest set of A list characters and found a way to make them boring. There were a couple movies there that were pretty good, but it’s tough for a great film like the Suicide Squad to bring an audience that had recently seen the crappy Suicide Squad. When the most likable characters in the Snyderverse were Wonder Woman, which had one good movie and another crappy one and a guy who talks to fish then you know the franchise was doomed.

Sony put out some crap as well, but that didn’t stop audiences from checking out their Spider-Man films. I will sound like a broken record and say again that I hate the multiverse/time travel gimmick, but people went to see those movies and with the most recent one coming at such a rough time for superheroes, people still wanted to see it. 

The bottom line is that if they take the time to put together great movies, people will show up wether it’s a superhero movie or a guy flying a jet 

7 minutes ago, Big s said:

The bottom line is that if they take the time to put together great movies, people will show up wether it’s a superhero movie or a guy flying a jet 

People will always show up. But gone are the days these type of films will make the numbers they once did. We're now past the end of the first Marvel story arc followed by years of disappointing hero films and shows, saturated market with same formula, and all competing against streaming where it's more convenient for most. 

3 minutes ago, Raikkonen said:

People will always show up. But gone are the days these type of films will make the numbers they once did. We're now past the end of the first Marvel story arc followed by years of disappointing hero films and shows, saturated market with same formula, and all competing against streaming where it's more convenient for most. 

Streaming is definitely an issue, but if they change the formula and release the movies to streaming a bit later, it may help. Somehow people went to go see the new mission impossible movie on a non holiday Wednesday night for some reason, so people definitely want to see a good movie, just the current formula of crap movies with a big franchise won’t work. You gotta use the potential of a great franchise and get the writers and deliver something worth people’s time

Lets not also forget that, in their arrogance and their expectations that the lemmings will buy anything they produce... a normalcy bias echo chamber they've erected around themselves, these studios have bloated their budgets in these films, while woefully diminishing quality, that these movies have little to no chance of ever turning a profit.

1 minute ago, Big s said:

Streaming is definitely an issue, but if they change the formula and release the movies to streaming a bit later, it may help. Somehow people went to go see the new mission impossible movie on a non holiday Wednesday night for some reason, so people definitely want to see a good movie, just the current formula of crap movies with a big franchise won’t work. You gotta use the potential of a great franchise and get the writers and deliver something worth people’s time

I agree. Hence I kept mentioning "these" and "hero films" as my argument is about superhero fatigue that's it accumulated by a saturated market of a poor quality content of late. I'm not disagreeing that other franchises can't succeed. 

I remain to the opinion that for the next lot of Superhero films to get audiences really excited, then there shouldn't be one for a long time. 

7 minutes ago, mechaninac said:

Lets not also forget that, in their arrogance and their expectations that the lemmings will buy anything they produce... a normalcy bias echo chamber they've erected around themselves, these studios have bloated their budgets in these films, while woefully diminishing quality, that these movies have little to no chance of ever turning a profit.

Merch sales is already kicking them in the nut with action figures, as most of the staff since the 90s was horded by 80s kids that now are starting to focus on other priorities in life all while the kids of the following generations grew up into digital media.