• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, hutch said:

Good for Gunn and Co finally coming along and being the people with the guts to just completely clean house and move on. 

I totally agree. Start fresh and start good. If they can get us some great films to base their new franchise, I’ll be watching for sure.

4 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

I'm just wondering if we'll see a sequel to THE BATMAN now? Wouldn't surprise me if we don't now.

From what I read, it's being treated as outside of Gunn's universe (like Todd Phillips' Joker) so it's still coming. Reeves is still working on the script.

Not too bummed. Things have been up in the air for years so this is no surprise, despite his cameo in Black Adam, which is now his last appearance as Supes. I just don't want them to reboot again. Just get a different actor and proceed as through we know how he got here. And hopefully Gunn has some plans for Supergirl, cause I would love to see her back on the big screen! The recent series was good at first and Benoist was awesome, and who knows if we'll even see the Flash version at all...

And of course, how about the Witcher?! Are the contracts already signed so Cavil out of that too??? Makes me wish he'd just decided to leave Supes in the past after Justice League.:unknw:

2 hours ago, Thom said:

And of course, how about the Witcher?! Are the contracts already signed so Cavil out of that too??? Makes me wish he'd just decided to leave Supes in the past after Justice League.:unknw:

Yup. It sounded like they signed the actors to 3-season contracts and when it came time to re-up for season 4, Cavill opted out for whatever reasons.

59 minutes ago, azrael said:

Yup. It sounded like they signed the actors to 3-season contracts and when it came time to re-up for season 4, Cavill opted out for whatever reasons.

Apparently, he opted not to do a fourth season of Witcher in order to return to Superman. Oops...-_-

4 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

It is a huge mess for Gunn to clean up and good for him on ignoring the haters. It won't be easy or quick either, especially with more Snyderverse films (THE FLASH and Aquaman2) to be released next year.

Agreed. I'm actually looking forward and excited to see what he will do for the new DC Movies. I'm not expecting too much, I only wish he'll do better than what's currently out there. :good: 

8 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

It is a huge mess for Gunn to clean up and good for him on ignoring the haters. It won't be easy or quick either, especially with more Snyderverse films (THE FLASH and Aquaman2) to be released next year.

It’s a mess and a chance for a good start. I’m very hopeful especially since whatever comes out will probably be far better than the Snyderverse 

Didn't care for The Batman or Joker....so I hope the "DC-verse" under Gunn's leadership stays away from that "style".....I did enjoy the Suicide Squad reboot and the TV spinoff....GotG are my favorite Marvel movies.....I'll give James Gunn the benefit of the doubt, but it's quite possible that at this point, the DC Cinematic Universe is beyond salvation regardless of who the show runners are...

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

I'll give James Gunn the benefit of the doubt,

Same. 

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

but it's quite possible that at this point, the DC Cinematic Universe is beyond salvation regardless of who the show runners are...

Yup. Why else they gonna bring in Gunn? They be throwing money at the mess.

Despite the loss of Gadot, Cavil, Affleck and Momoa (and please, Miller!) I'm hopeful. I've liked Gunn's work on almost all of his Marvel stuff, so I think he is less likely to screw it all up. That doesn't account for life in general of course, re the reason Snyder departed and then Whedon just redoing almost the whole JL in his image...

At this point, a full reboot is probably the best way to go.

Glad The Batman gets to move forward.  Was the best representation of “detective Batman” on the big screen yet.  

Could care less about “Joker” since it has absolutely nothing to do with the actual character and would more accurately be called “Crazy Angry Clown Guy”.

On 12/28/2022 at 6:30 AM, Thom said:

Despite the loss of Gadot, Cavil, Affleck and Momoa (and please, Miller!) I'm hopeful. I've liked Gunn's work on almost all of his Marvel stuff, so I think he is less likely to screw it all up. That doesn't account for life in general of course, re the reason Snyder departed and then Whedon just redoing almost the whole JL in his image...

At this point, a full reboot is probably the best way to go.

Snyder was kind of a mess before he departed during justice league. Man of steel wasn’t that great and Batman vs Superman was just bad. Justice league probably wouldn’t have ended up that much better. Overall the whole dc movie franchise has been a mess and there’s no way Gunn can do any worse as long as he sticks to his guns and stays in control.