Bandai DX VF-1A ANGELBIRDS [TWE]

no3Ljm

Edit: Just noticed that it's listed as "before sales start" on TWE, not sold out. I need more coffee.

I'm still going to pass on this one, though. I think the Bandai-invented winged logo has no place on the valk, as it breaks up the clean red/blue lines of the scheme. You can't turn everything into Macross Delta, Bandai. SDFM and DRYL valks don't need logos stamped all over them. I'm a fan of Hasegawa's minimalist take on it, where the only markings are the stripes and "Angel Birds" on the legs.

Edited by Anasazi37

10 minutes ago, Radioguy said:

I thought so too, but last refresh shows OOS again.

That's weird. It's still showing up on my end and was able to put one in my cart.

Unless, you already placed an order prior then yes, it will show up as 'Sold Out' on your end since the limit is just one per customer.

Edited by no3Ljm

Looking at this new release...it's like if Bandai decided to combine an awful Yamarcadia "Anniversary" paintjob release with a legit canon scheme....Tenjin is a great illustrator but Bandai needs to keep him away from their releases....the new Angelbirds emblem looks too gaudy and what I can only assume were his "striping" detail ideas essentially made an already goofy scheme even worse...

Anyway....in for just one......:rolleyes:

Awesome! I can't believe Bandai is actually doing a DX Angel Bird!  I've come close to picking up  the Yamato 1/48 over the years but never did due to all of the decals that would have to be applied to make the 'Birds look their best.  I already have the Yamato VF-1J Stealth and DX  VF-1S Roy - this was the only other 1/48 Valk that I really wanted.

Edited by Crossbones72

22 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

That's weird. It's still showing up on my end and was able to put one in my cart.

Unless, you already placed an order prior then yes, it will show up as 'Sold Out' on your end since the limit is just one per customer.

Well, now I'll never know...as I have.

5 minutes ago, Crossbones72 said:

Does anyone know if this will be available on Amazon Japan?  I have a 6900 yen credit in my account that I would love to use.  If not I hope it's still available on AE come Friday.  It's been a while since I ordered from AE. They are pay up front correct?

No, since it's TWE release. But yes in the future with astronomical price markup from third party sellers. Say, for example Kakizaki's DX VF-1A for Y144470. :shok: 

And that is correct, any TWE item is always pay upfront. :good:

33 minutes ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Yes, you have to pay up front to preorder this TWE

25 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

No, since it's TWE release. But yes in the future with astronomical price markup from third party sellers. Say, for example Kakizaki's DX VF-1A for Y144470. :shok: 

Thanks very much for the replies!  I have to wait until Friday to buy, so hopefully it's still available.

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

From Tamashii Nations Store Tokyo "Robot Figures Launch!" Event:

image.jpeg.63e57fa9257d98777baabed86d183cf0.jpeg

When I see this pic, the emblem & colors  makes me think of what M&M would fly if they have to downsize to one valk in their golden years. :crazy:

But we already know Max instead trades up to the hypercar YF-29 lol..

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Thinking the Angelbird will top out at VF-1D current market pricing....rather than VF-1A Max TV or Kakizaki DYRL current market values....

And in case the OP was looking for either...look in YJA not Amazon...lol

1 hour ago, Chunky001 said:

The lettering and symbols are too much. I can't belive I'm going to say this. But I'm out.

She's a bit over the top on Tampo yet one big reason & really one only that I'm getting this VF, is simply because I'm tired of NOT getting that particular or oddball Valk at Pre Order price, only to finally want it and have to pay 4x the asking price a year later. 

Yamato's Low Vis VF-1S, VF-11C, VF-X, Angel Birds and Virgin Road all come to mind. 

2 hours ago, Radioguy said:

BIJ just said they have it back.

Still, vs AE, which is likely to be cheaper in the end? Does BIJ charge more shipping than AE, less, or the same?

i ordered 5x from hobby genki, shipping was 8,000yen by boat and 16,000yen by airpost 21,800yen by fedex 26,000ems to the US

looked cheaper than BIJ

15 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

Edit: Just noticed that it's listed as "before sales start" on TWE, not sold out. I need more coffee.

I'm still going to pass on this one, though. I think the Bandai-invented winged logo has no place on the valk, as it breaks up the clean red/blue lines of the scheme. You can't turn everything into Macross Delta, Bandai. SDFM and DRYL valks don't need logos stamped all over them. I'm a fan of Hasegawa's minimalist take on it, where the only markings are the stripes and "Angel Birds" on the legs.

Agreed. That giant "family crest" style emblem looks like it belongs on the back of a VF-31, not something from the SDFM era of valks.

Was on the fence on this one because it looks like a downgrade from my Yamato and I didn't want to pay that AE markup... then my friend in Japan texted me telling me he preordered one for me. I had forgotten that I had asked if he could also order me a copy of every TWE DX release whenever he ordered his. :blink: