Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves

sh9000

It was a fun movie, easy for newbies to follow but with tons of easter eggs and in-jokes for people who do play the game.  I'm not sure how the writers pulled it off without the usual Hollywood/studio meddling, but it was a well-written, well-acted movie made by people who genuinely care about the source material.  And it's a shame we'll probably not get a sequel because Super Mario Bros took over the box office... D&D actually did better than expected the opening weekend, and it's had a ton of positive word of mouth, but everyone went to see SMB instead, I guess.

15 minutes ago, mikeszekely said:

It was a fun movie, easy for newbies to follow but with tons of easter eggs and in-jokes for people who do play the game.  I'm not sure how the writers pulled it off without the usual Hollywood/studio meddling, but it was a well-written, well-acted movie made by people who genuinely care about the source material.  And it's a shame we'll probably not get a sequel because Super Mario Bros took over the box office... D&D actually did better than expected the opening weekend, and it's had a ton of positive word of mouth, but everyone went to see SMB instead, I guess.

Even now the company still sounds like they consider it a success. I guess they didn’t expect much out of it to begin with. Maybe there is a future for the franchise in show form rather than movie, or they may just green light a sequel anyway