Bandai TINY Sessions SD Macross toy line

daBlah!

I couldn't sleep last night and happened to be up when the PO opened for these three, so I went to HLJ. Wow, that was a terrible decision. Not sure if it's because a ton of items from a lot of different properties went up for PO right after the Tamashii Nations event, but their site was getting absolutely hammered starting at 4pm JST. I tried to buy them for 30 minutes, but couldn't get to the payment screen (it would keep crashing). I finally gave up and tried again early this morning, remembering that these don't sell out instantly like the DX valks. Completed the order in 10-15 seconds. The experience reminded me to NOT use HLJ when PO Madness is a real concern. Their system can't handle the traffic.

I really wanted these, and my wife convinced me to get them for my two youngest kids for Christmas.  They arrived today from HLJ and I didn't open them, but I will have a smile on my face on Christmas morning when my son and daughter open them up on Christmas morning!

Twich

41 minutes ago, twich said:

I really wanted these, and my wife convinced me to get them for my two youngest kids for Christmas.  They arrived today from HLJ and I didn't open them, but I will have a smile on my face on Christmas morning when my son and daughter open them up on Christmas morning!

Twich

You kiddos are going to love opening these up on Christmas.

Mine wants a nice chess set and the other wants, well, not sure yet.

They, 11 & 16, saw these and all they said was “Cool those are cute.” My 11 YO played with it and really liked it.

The boy is 14, he is getting the VF-25F and my daughter is 12, she is getting the VF-25G, because it is blue!

how is the build quality? Is it light, or does it feel substantial in the hand?

they look well put together.

Twich

1 hour ago, twich said:

The boy is 14, he is getting the VF-25F and my daughter is 12, she is getting the VF-25G, because it is blue!

how is the build quality? Is it light, or does it feel substantial in the hand?

they look well put together.

Twich

They are very solid figures. The joins are stiff and the quality build is top notch. Great material used and paint apps are crisp. The mini figures are all kinds of adorable.

Clicked the "ship" button this morning at HLJ, so I should have mine early next week. Had to wait until the Nendoroid Denji reissue was available so I could ship everything in my Private Warehouse, which includes an Arcadia Tomahawk. I'm debating if I should make decals for that. Not enough hours in the day and every time I use my ALPS printer I'm basically gambling that it won't break. Discussion for the other dedicated thread.

1 hour ago, orbitalharvest said:

was a lil concerned about the 'softness' of the detailing and molds.  looks quite good tho!  have we seen any more of the vf-1 tiny sessions beyond these pics?

DED79061-771A-416D-B02C-901945E114B5.jpeg.52b1fe636febec96d9a538b50f7061de.jpeg

Image 11-22-22 at 10.50 AM.jpg

Those VF-1S are going to be fun! Hopefully we get all the pilots for DYRL and SDF-M.

14 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

They are very solid figures. The joins are stiff and the quality build is top notch. Great material used and paint apps are crisp. The mini figures are all kinds of adorable.

That really makes me happy and a good way to share my Love of Macross toy collecting with my kids!

Twich

On 11/22/2022 at 11:02 PM, MKT said:

I drew the line at these SD valks, but something tells me I’m gonna regret not getting them in coming years… 

I wanted to get at least the Frontier valks, but I had to prioritize some things this month to stay within my toy budget.  There're just other things I wanted more these days.  Hopefully they'll be available a month or 2 from now, and I'll pick them up then.

2 hours ago, sharky said:

I wanted to get at least the Frontier valks, but I had to prioritize some things this month to stay within my toy budget.  There're just other things I wanted more these days.  Hopefully they'll be available a month or 2 from now, and I'll pick them up then.

Budget?

What’s that?

🥸

Hopefully, they will be. These are very nice figures. Who knows, maybe Bandai will offer separate armor packs or bundle sets in the future. 

• 3 weeks later...