The Official "What The Hell Is That Movie I Can't Remember What It Was" Thread

Keith

So I'll make this as short and sweet as I can. Being as we have old fűcks like me here, do any of you remember seeing an 80's horror movie (either zombie or ghost) where the girlfriend that the geeky protaginist meets along the way turns out to be a girl who died in the 50's and dissappears at the end? This movie is from '87 or earlier, and woyld have aired on TV around '85-'87 Halloween.

Also, it is 100% none of the "Return Of The Living Dead moviea. I can rember balling my eyes out at the end, and my mom having to lie to me & telling me things worked out for the couple, but I'll be damned if my Google-Fu can track down this picture.

Edited by Keith

• Keith changed the title to Some help for an old timer remembering an old obscure 80's horror movie for inconsiqencial reasons.
3 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

I feel like this might be the 1985 made-for-TV movie The Midnight Hour.

The scariest thing about that movie was seeing LeVar Burton's eyes. 😅

Sorry, internet suckd at work, but 99% sure it's Midnight Hour, and that cast is epic.

19 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

From the description, I feel like this might be the 1985 made-for-TV movie The Midnight Hour.

Dude, how you maintain all that knowledfe is insane, have you seriouslu tried out for Jeopardy?

33 minutes ago, Keith said:

Sorry, internet suckd at work, but 99% sure it's Midnight Hour, and that cast is epic.

Dude, how you maintain all that knowledfe is insane, have you seriouslu tried out for Jeopardy?

That one wasn't retained knowledge... my Google-fu is just way more advanced than the average bloke's since I spent a few years as a "Google Guide" after my employer switched from MS Office to Google's G Suite/Workspace.  I ran a site search against all the pages listed under Wikipedia's index of "List of Horror Films of the 1980's" looking for synonyms related to zombies and ghosts along with the keywords "50's" and "girlfriend" and read the handful of pages the query spit out.

(Some of my colleagues were not big believers in things like using descriptive file names and/or folders to organize materials in cloud storage, so power user-level searches were something I got real good at against my will to maintain my sanity.)

10 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

That one wasn't retained knowledge... my Google-fu is just way more advanced than the average bloke's since I spent a few years as a "Google Guide" after my employer switched from MS Office to Google's G Suite/Workspace.  I ran a site search against all the pages listed under Wikipedia's index of "List of Horror Films of the 1980's" looking for synonyms related to zombies and ghosts along with the keywords "50's" and "girlfriend" and read the handful of pages the query spit out.

(Some of my colleagues were not big believers in things like using descriptive file names and/or folders to organize materials in cloud storage, so power user-level searches were something I got real good at against my will to maintain my sanity.)

Regardless, you're clearly the baddest mofo lowdown 'round this town.

3 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

lol there's a few movies I can barely recall that I need to find. One in particular comes to mind but I cannot mention it on the boards...

(NO, not that kind of movie! O.O  Just one that the rules don't let you amke topics about!)

46 minutes ago, pengbuzz said:

lol there's a few movies I can barely recall that I need to find. One in particular comes to mind but I cannot mention it on the boards...

(NO, not that kind of movie! O.O  Just one that the rules don't let you amke topics about!)

Could it go in the general movie section?

9 hours ago, pengbuzz said:

No, it involves religion, which is a big no-no here on MacrossWorlds.

I had mentioned Midnight Mass in the general streaming  section and that’s mostly a religious show. I remember Dogma being brought up when talking about clerks. I think it probably is ok as long as it isn’t like a religious brochure film and we’re not pushing our own beliefs in the discussion too much. 

10 hours ago, Big s said:

I had mentioned Midnight Mass in the general streaming  section and that’s mostly a religious show. I remember Dogma being brought up when talking about clerks. I think it probably is ok as long as it isn’t like a religious brochure film and we’re not pushing our own beliefs in the discussion too much. 

Agree; it's the difference between discussing the Exorcist from a film POV (production, SFX, writing, etc) or based solely on personal beliefs. Lots of films contain religious themes and elements, but one can discuss them objectively without turning the discussion into a deep and possibly contentious religious conversation. It's a matter of knowing where to tow the line, and mods will undoubtedly let you know where that line resides.

• Keith changed the title to The Official "What The Hell Is That Movie I Can't Remember What It Was" Thread
18 minutes ago, Keith said:

Retitling in case anyone else needs help remwmbering stuff, which it looks like may occur.

Actually seems like a good idea. There’s a lot if us getting up in our age here and sometimes we remember a small scene from a tv show or movie and that’s all we can remember. Sometimes it’s only a hint of a scene and coming up with a title is pretty much impossible without some help from others.

3 hours ago, Keith said:

Retitling in case anyone else needs help remwmbering stuff

A better title might be "We Can Google It For You Wholesale." 😝

I'm usually an encyclopedia of film titles, but there's the occasional anime that escapes me... including an old hentai title I'd love to track down, but probably shouldn't describe here. 😅

I have been looking for the title of a certain movie for the longest time, in this movie there was a scene on a subway train whereby a commuter had a mini screen over his right eye watching a black and white godzilla movie. This movie I think was a some what futuristic movie. I have tried googling this for the longest time and always get links to godzilla movies instead.

Thank God this thread was started!!

I've got one:

It was an independent movie a few years ago. It's about a teenage boy (or group of friends???) that accidentally killed someone. The premise was trying to lead a normal life/fear of being discovered/coming of age drama suspense. ...I think it was critically acclaimed...been dieing to watch it for years.. but obviously can't because I have no idea WTF it's title is.

Doing a Google search like " teen who accidentally kills someone, trying to move on with life" doesn't work lol.

Thanks Guys.

On 7/10/2022 at 2:19 AM, Big s said:

On 7/10/2022 at 1:04 PM, M'Kyuun said:

Agree; it's the difference between discussing the Exorcist from a film POV (production, SFX, writing, etc) or based solely on personal beliefs. Lots of films contain religious themes and elements, but one can discuss them objectively without turning the discussion into a deep and possibly contentious religious conversation. It's a matter of knowing where to tow the line, and mods will undoubtedly let you know where that line resides.

Okay; thanks guys. I just didn't want to end up in yet another kerfluffle. I'll give it a try...

*looks around to see if any mods are hiding nearby*

Alright, I have scant information on this film: I think it was 70's/ maybe very early 80's. I had seen it on cable as a kid back then (yes, I'm old!); while I don't remember most of the film, the ending was this dark, misty haze that turned into clouds, and standing there were a group of people in white robes, surrounding what I assumed to be Jesus Christ, his arms outstretched to his sides standing front and center of the group. I think the main character had died and was headed to heaven, and the scene was from his point of view (first person); the scene was very surreal and a bit eerie. The film ended there (from what I remember).

I have tried searching for this for a long time, but with no success. I searched all the "end times" films of the 70's/80's, and even some of the sci-fi ones, all with no success. I'm hoping maybe someone has seen this one and/ or know what it was.

Thanks in advance!

10 hours ago, troyness said:

Thank God this thread was started!!

I've got one:

It was an independent movie a few years ago. It's about a teenage boy (or group of friends???) that accidentally killed someone. The premise was trying to lead a normal life/fear of being discovered/coming of age drama suspense. ...I think it was critically acclaimed...been dieing to watch it for years.. but obviously can't because I have no idea WTF it's title is.

Doing a Google search like " teen who accidentally kills someone, trying to move on with life" doesn't work lol.

Thanks Guys.

Based on this description, I was thinking either Paranoid Park (2007) or Super Dark Times (2017).

1 hour ago, Big s said:

I love this thread so far and hopefully everyone gets a hint of where to go. Unfortunately with only hints of a scene, it’s definitely gonna be tough but I have hopes that at least some of these mysteries will be solved.

Yeah, I know: it's all that I can remember though. And it bugs me to no end!

7 hours ago, pengbuzz said:

Okay; thanks guys. I just didn't want to end up in yet another kerfluffle. I'll give it a try...

*looks around to see if any mods are hiding nearby*

Alright, I have scant information on this film: I think it was 70's/ maybe very early 80's. I had seen it on cable as a kid back then (yes, I'm old!); while I don't remember most of the film, the ending was this dark, misty haze that turned into clouds, and standing there were a group of people in white robes, surrounding what I assumed to be Jesus Christ, his arms outstretched to his sides standing front and center of the group. I think the main character had died and was headed to heaven, and the scene was from his point of view (first person); the scene was very surreal and a bit eerie. The film ended there (from what I remember).

I have tried searching for this for a long time, but with no success. I searched all the "end times" films of the 70's/80's, and even some of the sci-fi ones, all with no success. I'm hoping maybe someone has seen this one and/ or know what it was.

Thanks in advance!

I can't help you with your film, but it does remind me of a movie I watched as a kid on Suspense Theater, a show which often showed B-rated sci-fi and horror films back in the 80s. In the movie, a peaceful alien, which looks completely human but w/ powers, arrives in modern times looking for his brother and discovers that said brother was Jesus. That's about all I remember of the movie- no idea who was in it or what the title was.

20 minutes ago, M'Kyuun said:

I can't help you with your film, but it does remind me of a movie I watched as a kid on Suspense Theater, a show which often showed B-rated sci-fi and horror films back in the 80s. In the movie, a peaceful alien, which looks completely human but w/ powers, arrives in modern times looking for his brother and discovers that said brother was Jesus. That's about all I remember of the movie- no idea who was in it or what the title was.

That actually sounds really familiar 

12 hours ago, technoblue said:

Based on this description, I was thinking either Paranoid Park (2007) or Super Dark Times (2017).

I watched the trailer to Super Dark Times & that is EXACTLY the movie I was talking about!!!

Thank U technoblue!!

You're awesome man.:yahoo:

3 hours ago, troyness said:

I watched the trailer to Super Dark Times & that is EXACTLY the movie I was talking about!!!

Thank U technoblue!!

You're awesome man.:yahoo:

Hey, troyness, it was my pleasure. B)) 

I’ve been running quick searches here and there on the other movies mentioned above, but so far I have no new clues or titles to share.

14 hours ago, Big s said:

Maybe it was The Brother from another planet 

Nah, the alien dude was white (I think a European actor) and the pic he sees of his long-lost brother is a white Jesus. I'm trying to think of more details, but too much time has passed, and I'm lucky if I remember what I did yesterday. One of my own searches turned up Brother from Another Planet, which I'd never heard of prior. Similar premise, though. The movie I watched was likely a low-budget 70s film, but I can't remember who was in it.

18 minutes ago, M'Kyuun said:

Nah, the alien dude was white (I think a European actor) and the pic he sees of his long-lost brother is a white Jesus. I'm trying to think of more details, but too much time has passed, and I'm lucky if I remember what I did yesterday. One of my own searches turned up Brother from Another Planet, which I'd never heard of prior. Similar premise, though. The movie I watched was likely a low-budget 70s film, but I can't remember who was in it.

That unfortunately was the one I was thinking of. We’ll keep trying