Netflix Cyberpunk: Edgerunners

55 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Wait, studio TRIGGER????

🤩

Yeah at the end of the show it turns out that Night City is actually inside a virtual world and the protagonists have to fight and destroy god (i.e. the creator of the world) with a giant robot.

10 minutes ago, Scyla said:

Yeah at the end of the show it turns out that Night City is actually inside a virtual world and the protagonists have to fight and destroy god (i.e. the creator of the world) with a giant robot.

Cyberpunk, now with 1000% more Big O.

I think the trailer looks cool. But then immidiately remembered something my Dad used to say when I was a kid. He was in advertising/commercials and spent a lot of time in LA. He was basically Don Draper.

"I've never seen a bad trailer"

-Dad

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
9 hours ago, CoryHolmes said:

That's better.  I mean, it's got some more life to it... but why'd they have to sully my beloved Ode to Joy with this?  That song is NOT meant for a hyperviolent, hypersexualized cyberpunk dystopia future.

Just the opposite, in fact.

Which is one of the main reasons I think it is going to be crap.  When they are so far down the "shock" rabbit hole I don't have high hopes for it.  Worst example of this was AvP 2 where the facehuggers got into a maternity ward - EVERYONE involved in that needs to be fired for life.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...