1 hour ago, Bolt said:

I didn't know Joaquin was confirmed yet. Gaga will be perfect for this. It's got to be pretty damn good , to be able to pull off as a musical. 

From what I’ve seen lately, no one is confirmed quite yet. 

1 hour ago, TangledThorns said:

A musical scene or two showing off their insanity could work. Indiana Jones had a musical scene so why not, lol.

And that is as far as I have ever gotten with the second Temple of Doom.  That scene alone was so horrible I turned it off and have never watched the rest.

6 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

A musical scene or two showing off their insanity could work. Indiana Jones had a musical scene so why not, lol.

One or two scenes wouldn’t be too bad, but I don’t think a whole movie would work. The first fin worked because of the mix of reality with the insanity to the point where you had to piece together things to try to figure out the truth. If it’s too obvious that he’s not all there during a scene then it won’t have the same impact. 

Just remembered where I saw a musical thing or two for a horror/bad guy focused movie "The Abominable Doctor Phibes" - it is not a recommendation for doing so.  Good old Svengoolie, would never have known of this movie or that it had a sequel (which is slightly better, make that less terrible).

2 hours ago, Dynaman said:

I saw a musical thing or two for a horror/bad guy focused movie "The Abominable Doctor Phibes" - it is not a recommendation for doing so.

Sweeney Todd is the only horror musical worthy of the name, but its Gothic sensibility wouldn't work as a Joker sequel. 🤨

Come to think of it, if Joaquin Phoenix could capture the tone of this scene from Gamer, it would be perfect:

• 1 month later...
On 8/5/2022 at 7:53 AM, Big s said:

Hopefully that was put out by someone who knows that it’s still happening after the wb shake up

No question there.  Joker was a massive critical and commercial hit, earning over a BILLION dollars worldwide.  That's more than DC tentpoles like Wonder Woman, Justice League, or even The Batman managed, and at a fraction of their budgets.

7 hours ago, tekering said:

No question there.  Joker was a massive critical and commercial hit, earning over a BILLION dollars worldwide.  That's more than DC tentpoles like Wonder Woman, Justice League, or even The Batman managed, and at a fraction of their budgets.

Maybe they should take a hint.

3 hours ago, technoblue said:

Lady Gaga as Harley Quinn? This is a very interesting turn indeed. Looking forward to more news. ^_^

I just don’t know about doing a musical though. I wouldn’t mind a musical scene, but a whole movie is pushing it

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
20 hours ago, jvmacross said:

It'll be a Max viewing for me

Yeah, for some reason I’m not all that excited for this one. I liked the first and saw it in the theater, but so far this just doesn’t interest me as much. Maybe it’ll be greater than I expect, but for now I’ll just wait and see

I found the first one to be pretty meh after all the hoopla it got. Maybe it's the fact I just don't emphasize with an autistic schizophrenic nut job that somehow starts a cult by whacking pseudo-Johnny Carson/Jay Leno on live tv, or maybe it's the fact I just don't like the comic character to begin with given how Batman or any DC superhero won't just kill him after he has a body count in the hundreds of thousands.

I just couldn't care less about this sequel.