Willow, the series; streaming on Disney+

Thom

I’m also having a hard time seeing how the pro-corporation adjustments like the ones Iger and Zaslav are implementing are good for anyone—creators and consumers alike. But instead of relishing in the notion that a random show I might not like 100% got the boot from the service, I’m horrified by how this affects residuals, especially for those lower-paid worker bees who have tighter budgets that count on their contractual entitlements.

So now companies are pushing the narrative that they can break or change contracts if a show doesn’t perform, just as long as that show isn’t out in the wild making money for them? Wut? 

I would call that underhanded, myself.

17 hours ago, Big s said:

I heard it was leaving the other day, and still a bit thrown off that they would just remove one of the few original shows they have, even if it sucked.

Chalk that up to residuals.  Disney is crunching the numbers on viewership and finding that is show is not pulling in enough eyeballs to justify the show staying on.

It really should be residuals based on viewings but I'm guessing (just guessing) that there is no trust left for anyone to agree to the viewership figures for that to be possible.

6 minutes ago, Dynaman said:

Chalk that up to residuals.  Disney is crunching the numbers on viewership and finding that is show is not pulling in enough eyeballs to justify the show staying on.

It really should be residuals based on viewings but I'm guessing (just guessing) that there is no trust left for anyone to agree to the viewership figures for that to be possible.

I guess it’s just me trying to wrap my head around a service that barely has content cutting content, even if it wasn’t good

4 hours ago, technoblue said:

So now companies are pushing the narrative that they can break or change contracts if a show doesn’t perform, just as long as that show isn’t out in the wild making money for them? Wut? 

That's nothing new for the Mouse. Even when flush with money, they stiff everyone they can get away with.