HMR Macross Zero VF-0S Phoenix

jvmacross

44 minutes ago, Sokeijon said:

Got mine today, I am very happy with it except the gap on the fighter mode. Gerwalk mode by far is the best looking for me. Hope they do one for VF-0D and for DX Chogokin series.

IMG_20221026_114929.jpg

IMG_20221026_114942.jpg

IMG_20221026_115258.jpg

IMG_20221026_122433.jpg

IMG_20221026_155856.jpg

Hmm, my fighter mode has no gap. Maybe you need to adjust something with the hip bar?

11 hours ago, seti88 said:

Some folks in jp have already panel lined theirs (not to mention further decaled!) and at a small scale still brings out the details...

looks like a final protective coat applied as well..

Ff6uRXxUAAAPPk5.jpg.b18830196e02b45dc623ef710a459e75.jpgFf6wl9uakAAPkCC.jpg.6eed930b940fd09a47ca5b8729700d9c.jpgFf60YMQaAAQyDGC.jpg.356a827157f814f81aa06bf45ac81753.jpg

Sweet! Thanks for the reference, it gives me a good idea should I decide to go through with it.😁 BTW where the heck do you get these tiny 'no step' decals, could it be custom decals printed off and applied. Also does anyone here feel the visor is a bit too yellow vs green?

5 hours ago, vladykins said:

Looks like the long box question is answered, with the stand in the tray side by side with the rest of the bits instead of under like most other releases. 

Mine just left Cinncy on its way to me, so I should get them today.

I’d been wondering why the box was so long.

I wonder why they changed? The old way of taping it behind worked fine.

54 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I’d been wondering why the box was so long.

I wonder why they changed? The old way of taping it behind worked fine.

Not sure, because they still included a sub tray for hardpoint wings and part of the display stand. Here's the pictures I posted in the other thread:

No description available.

The background board is schematic style drawings instead of a solid color, which is cool:

No description available.

1 hour ago, Shawn said:

I understand the replacement wings for battroid mode (to give that tucked up look), but why the other two sets?

It is only 3 sets of wings. The short ones for battroid, and the 2 for fighter, one with pylons and the other without pylons. Out of the box the figure has non installed.

Screenshot_20221026-180945~2.png

Edited by Froy

Other than having to be careful with a few parts, I'm really enjoying the HMR VF-0S.  Transformation and articulation (although limited for some poses) are good.  I'm down if Bandai releases a VF-0A, VF-0D, Ghost Booster, Reactive Armor, and SV-51.

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

It kinda triggering, how most of reviews so far don't bother to angle the cockpit shield properly in battroid. Only the initial review a few pages back, seemed to have got it right. Even so, it doesn't appear to be as flush as Arcadia's, although the gap is not as noticeable as the HMR VF-2SS's.

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

Looking at pictures and videos I really don't care for the tone of the plastic.  Maybe it's different in person.

it's pretty much the same in person. the white is on the warmer side with a bit of red and yellow in it.

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Plenty of 0S's to be found here in Japan. 

Nice! Hope you find some gems while you're there.😁

7 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

I just got mine

Picsart_22-10-27_14-55-48-743.jpg.5bc1ad7a5b618d3b12fab4402bda882e.jpg

Cool pic.  They look good together.  Now that the VF-0S is out I'm considering customizing a spare VF-2SS into a Roy scheme to go with the rest of my Jolly Rogers.

9 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

I just got mine

cool lineup!

Does bandai's use of plastic seem different ever since the pandemic? The vf-1 and vf-2 seems to be whiter and sharper(on the edges?) than the 0.

This extends to DX's as well...not sure if the DX matt finish releases are just a symptom of a different factory limitations and not a design choice...

meh...maybe its just me...nvm..back to regular macross programming...

10 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

I just got mine

Great pic! Although I would say the VF-1 here look much shorter compared to other VF-0 vs VF-1 pics posted earlier. It really highlights how small shifts in leg & feet positioning really affect the perceived heights. Personally, not a big issue for me now as long VF-0 is noticeably bigger, but this all started when Bandai published the same 14cm VF-1 height for the VF-0 lol.. 

I'm conflicted whether to get extra copies, for the eventual Ghost or Reactive Armor packs. Yet Bandai has never done add-on packs for the Macross HMR line so far, only full-set packs. Although for the older HM line did they separate them out. 

38 minutes ago, MKT said:

I'm conflicted whether to get extra copies, for the eventual Ghost or Reactive Armor packs. Yet Bandai has never done add-on packs for the Macross HMR line so far, only full-set packs. Although for the older HM line did they separate them out. 

Who-Knows_80e77.gif.99e456f125fdabb7c67420c440c74e76.gif

738627514c21f5fc6da1193fafda0af4_w200.gif.7fde71ab6a625b5e391a88705644d9f5.gif

3 hours ago, MKT said:

...or just follow the Collector's Creed....

On 10/27/2022 at 11:12 PM, Angesdad said:

it's pretty much the same in person. the white is on the warmer side with a bit of red and yellow in it.

Nice! Hope you find some gems while you're there.😁

On 10/28/2022 at 1:00 AM, no3Ljm said:

You're in Japan right now, @Lolicon? Nice! Have fun and enjoy your stay. Update us what you find. ;) 

Thanks. I'll let you guys know if I come across anything interesting. Been visiting some friends and drinking.... a lot.... so I haven't spent much time searching yet. :rolleyes:

Already have two VF-0S's on order so I didn't pick one up here. 14k at the Tamashii Nations shop in Akihabara.