HMR Macross Zero VF-0S Phoenix

jvmacross

3 hours ago, MKT said:

A great first look video :good:

Some thoughts:

1. As some members speculated earlier, the arms are on sliding rails, consistent with rest of Bandai’s VF-1 toys.

2. The landing gears are also an improvement over other HMR VFs in its implementation, although still not perfect transformation.

3. Nice to see integrated shoulder covers for this scale.

4. Unlike its close cousin the HMR VF-1, it’s great that the gun is not a partsformer.

5.  I find it somewhat hilarious the arresting hook is blocked by the gun. This is similar to Arcadia’s mistake in their first VF-0(D) release, but fixed in subsequent VF-0 releases by moving the gun slightly forward to allow full clearance for the hook.

6. It is disappointing the cockpit can’t be opened, but have to be pulled out completely. 

In the HMR VF-1, well perhaps due to its smaller size, visually it might have been arguably better to have partsforming cockpits between modes.

But on this VF-0 with the integrated cockpit shield, there is really no reason to not have a hinge for the cockpit. As per the HMR VF-4, I don’t see why it can’t be done when cockpit hinge was implemented for the VF-2SS.

7. It does have some visual advantage over the larger Arcadia. That rainbow cockpit is looking real pretty, & the larger, fixed posed hands do make for more expressive battroid poses. Arcadia curiously omitted fixed posed hands, so its integrated hands look somewhat small. 

Not having things that could have been easily implemented like an opening cockpit is just Bandai cutting corners. :good:

It looks great, I am excited to get mine. Here's hoping Bandai makes an entire line of Macross Zero figures. It would make sense since they can release them all worldwide 

In reality they will maybe make one more VF-0 variant and then never mention these again.

9 hours ago, jvmacross said:

large.1275579759_VF0VF1.jpg.27ec32f75170

7677D805-F6A5-4E8E-96C7-119F6120AE50.jpeg

close enough for me.....

795E66DB-BDF0-4B7B-AA32-CF761D1259C0.jpeg.f72cfb1b1f0ddd8e17d995d0d27d08cc.jpeg

62FA240D-0461-44CA-89AC-51ADD9B8A8E3.jpeg.07f74c9830a2924cb9a55367d0fc0e0e.jpeg

Yep it looks like they got Fighter mode pretty close as well so the HMR VF-0S looks good with other HMR Valkyries in both Battroid and Fighter modes.

Just got mine today. It honestly feels like a scaled down Arcadia, with some optional parts swapping for better accuracy. 

Nails the look in all modes.

Now just hoping we can get the reactive armor for it too. Not sure if they can make an Sv-51 at this scale, but would also like that

53 minutes ago, ArchieNov said:

Just got mine today. It honestly feels like a scaled down Arcadia, with some optional parts swapping for better accuracy. 

Nails the look in all modes.

Now just hoping we can get the reactive armor for it too. Not sure if they can make an Sv-51 at this scale, but would also like that

Glad you like it. Gonna be getting mine a bit later since I had to order from the states

9 hours ago, eXis10z said:

Removable fuselage covers.

HMR Ghost/Reactive armor/both packs confirmed! .....probably? 😅😁

All right folks....bring on HMR VF-0A/0D and SV-51 next!!

oops.... we are getting hikaru's 1S next...sigh...

Edited by seti88

37 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Removable fuselage covers.

HMR Ghost/Reactive armor/both packs confirmed! .....probably? 😅😁

All right folks....bring on HMR VF-0A/0D and SV-51 next!!

oops.... we are getting hikaru's 1S next...sigh...

Aren't those things just conformal fuel tanks? Maybe is just a gimmick.

But there is a mysterious hole near the leg intake.

1926136247_Screenshot_20221024-1051502.png.cb99f427118ea3b2d1ef0e959c0d2cda.png

Edited by Froy

Any eventual Reactive Armor for this should already look better than Arcadia’s, because of the plug-in shorter wings option.

The lower armor at back will not look as disproportionately large, as though it’s wearing coattails. :p

17 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Who knows? Maybe that hole in the hip can still be used for the Reactive Armor? Assuming that they're going to make it. :spiteful:

To tell the truth, IMO, the adapter is quite odd or horrible if the hole can't be used for something else. I haven't seen the adapter for the Arcadia VF-0 but even Yamato have a prettier solution.

Edited by Froy

11 minutes ago, Froy said:

To tell the truth, IMO, the adapter is quite odd or horrible if the hole can't be used for something else. I haven't seen the adapter for the Arcadia VF-0 but even Yamato have a prettier solution.

Arcadia's VF-0 are the same. The stand adaptors are connecting to the intakes instead of using the bar like on the VF-1's. In which we can speculate that there might be a Reactive Armor on the way.

Using the intake as the stand adaptor connector probabaly made sense in a way because the 1/60 figure is heavy. Whereas the HMR is small, they could've used the swing bars to put the stand adaptors with.

Edited by no3Ljm

24 minutes ago, Froy said:

13 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Arcadia's VF-0 are the same. The stand adaptors are connecting to the intakes instead of using the bar like on the VF-1's. In which we can speculate that there might be a Reactive Armor on the way.

Using the intake as the stand adaptor connector probabaly made sense in a way because the 1/60 figure is heavy. Whereas the HMR is small, they could've used the swing bars to put the stand adaptors with.

No.

The adapters may have form-resemblance, but they are differently implemented on each:

HM-R:

429aa636.jpg

vs

Arcadia 1/60 ( from Veef's review: https://youtu.be/U-yO4sWJti8?t=504 )image.png.44a2c3bb63ffb393125773fdad3d56e3.png

24 minutes ago, treatment said:

No.

The adapters may have form-resemblance, but they are differently implemented on each:

HM-R:

429aa636.jpg

vs

Arcadia 1/60 ( from Veef's review: https://youtu.be/U-yO4sWJti8?t=504 )image.png.44a2c3bb63ffb393125773fdad3d56e3.png

Thank you. I forgot that Arcadia's attachment was on the thigh and not on the intake. And HMR's using both instead.

Either way, not sure why they didn't put the stand adaptor on the HMR towards in the middle underneath section of the fighter since it's lighter compared to Arcadia's for a cleaner Fighter profile.

10 hours ago, Froy said:

Aren't those things just conformal fuel tanks? Maybe is just a gimmick.

No, I am referring to the covers/tanks(?) on the topside fuselage, so you have a slot for topside armaments and ghost wingtips... explained by @jenius as per ye olde yamato with ghost...😁

10 hours ago, MKT said:

Any eventual Reactive Armor for this should already look better than Arcadia’s, because of the plug-in shorter wings option.

The lower armor at back will not look as disproportionately large, as though it’s wearing coattails. :p

oh yes, i that's one thing the HMR will have as an advantage(?) being a parts-former....

i dont mind arcadia's coat tails though ...😁

10 hours ago, Angesdad said:

The armor pack is cool but what are the chances of it being sold as standalone vs combo set with another 01S? - I'd prefer just the amors but it's unlikely eh.

I think inclusion of a ghost may tip that equation somewhat. A ghost + reactive armor pack HMR would fit in nicely as a premium bandai release.

But yes, i note the 1st HMR 1J armored was a combo pack release and so far for vf-1 (M&M, booby duck), supers have been included too. Rolling the dice on it.

Edited by seti88

1 hour ago, seti88 said:

No, I am referring to the covers/tanks(?) on the topside fuselage, so you have a slot for topside armaments and ghost wingtips... explained by @jenius as per ye olde yamato with ghost...😁

oh yes, i that's one thing the HMR will have as an advantage(?) being a parts-former....

i dont mind arcadia's coat tails though ...😁

I think inclusion of a ghost may tip that equation somewhat. A ghost + reactive armor pack HMR would fit in nicely as a premium bandai release.

But yes, i note the 1st HMR 1J armored was a combo pack release and so far for vf-1 (M&M, booby duck), supers have been included too. Rolling the dice on it.

Yep those are fuel tanks. I knew I read it some where

This from the Macross Mecha Manual

1632006214_Screenshot_20221024-2229213.png.e8e7dcfbe8df21c6cd42d2c351068544.png

In the final episode Shin ejects all missile pods, the booster and you can see how those tanks get ejected too

9 minutes ago, Froy said:

Yep those are fuel tanks. I knew I read it some where

This from the Macross Mecha Manual

1632006214_Screenshot_20221024-2229213.png.e8e7dcfbe8df21c6cd42d2c351068544.png

In the final episode Shin ejects all missile pods, the booster and you can see how those tanks get ejected too

👌👌 am hoping those would allow for the 2 augmentive pylons and ghost, instead of just an injection gimmick..

13 hours ago, Angesdad said:

That looks great! I don't really mess with panel washing but feel this one may benefit hugely on some subtle panel washing to bring out the details.:rolleyes:

Some folks in jp have already panel lined theirs (not to mention further decaled!) and at a small scale still brings out the details...

looks like a final protective coat applied as well..

Ff6uRXxUAAAPPk5.jpg.b18830196e02b45dc623ef710a459e75.jpgFf6wl9uakAAPkCC.jpg.6eed930b940fd09a47ca5b8729700d9c.jpgFf60YMQaAAQyDGC.jpg.356a827157f814f81aa06bf45ac81753.jpg

23 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

It really does look nice in gerwalk. I am starting to think this is the best mode for it.

20221025_120839.jpg.6bbfb76ed437e8812b7014853e0bacf5.jpg

Nice! Happy it can do Gerwalk well. This was one of the shortcomings of the HMR VF-1, which does highlight the age of its HM roots. 

5 hours ago, seti88 said:

Some folks in jp have already panel lined theirs (not to mention further decaled!) and at a small scale still brings out the details...

looks like a final protective coat applied as well..

Ff6uRXxUAAAPPk5.jpg.b18830196e02b45dc623ef710a459e75.jpgFf6wl9uakAAPkCC.jpg.6eed930b940fd09a47ca5b8729700d9c.jpgFf60YMQaAAQyDGC.jpg.356a827157f814f81aa06bf45ac81753.jpg

Premium Finish version coming soon? Oh wait, that's an Arcadia only thing... Still it's amazing how much detail can be brought out with just panel lining. I didn't even notice most of these grooves when I was handling my copy.

14 minutes ago, ArchieNov said:

Premium Finish version coming soon? Oh wait, that's an Arcadia only thing... Still it's amazing how much detail can be brought out with just panel lining. I didn't even notice most of these grooves when I was handling my copy.

Or start your own 'premium finish service' and sell em. 😅 

Yeah its quite a nice job on the HMR VF-0S...one the many valk customs that he/she regularly does... 

Edited by seti88