HMR Macross Zero VF-0S Phoenix

jvmacross

So looking at the latest pictures, it looks as though Bandai might actually offer the Hi Metal R VF-0S with rubber, rolling wheels on the landing gear and they almost looked metal on that closeup.

Twich

17 minutes ago, twich said:

So looking at the latest pictures, it looks as though Bandai might actually offer the Hi Metal R VF-0S with rubber, rolling wheels on the landing gear and they almost looked metal on that closeup.

Twich

I’m pretty sure those are just painted black

1 hour ago, DewPoint said:

As the VF-0 isn't that much bigger than the VF-1, it makes me wonder if we might see a HMR VF-1 Renewal of sorts. :unknw:

Hmr is basically the renewal. Although they have added some new thing here and there like the smaller wings and later the upper shoulder cover. And in some pics it looks like side covers if they ever get around to the tv 1s

59 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

What's with the bent wings and landing gear? And why do all the details look soft and blurry like a screenshot from an N64 game?

22 minutes ago, MacrossJunkie said:

image.jpeg

The wings look like they're doing the wave 😆

Just Bandai's latest ass-ymetry in action.

Maybe they'll include a decal sheet when released...

On 7/23/2022 at 10:30 AM, Lolicon said:

What's with the bent wings and landing gear? And why do all the details look soft and blurry like a screenshot from an N64 game?

Now the more I look at it, the more the panel line details look more like Yamato’s VF-0; soft and thick, rather than the sharp and finer lines of Arcadia’s.

1 hour ago, MKT said:

Now the more I look at it, the more the panel line details look more like Yamato’s VF-0; soft and thick, rather than the sharp and finer lines of Arcadia’s.

Yep. It looks like something out of an N64 game.

Bandai is perfectly capable of sharp, crisp molding for this line (see Regult) but the molds for this and the VF-1 look like someone left them out in the sun too long. It's looks pretty low quality for its US $160 (plus tax) price tag.

5 hours ago, eXis10z said:

Any history of the general releases being much better than the prototypes or is that it?

1) There will always be something to complain about.

2) And whether its a general or p-bandai release it wouldnt matter, because see #1.

3) If unsure, wait till all reviews come in and then decide or not to get it.

It sure is pretty, I'm still baffled I'll be able to get this from BBTS after all these years of importing my valks. I don't mind the mark-up too much, I never pay for the cheaper shipping options from my overseas stores so the shipping is always really rough, BBTS is just so much more convenient, mark-up be damned. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Froy said:

So, it is not to scale withe previous VF?

Hey @Froy. I don't think it is. Here's my post from the other HMR thread:

I used Ataru's Facebook photo to upscale VF-0S to its correct height/scale against VF-1S based on its official Battroid height specs. VF-1 Battroid at 12.68 meters and VF-0S at 14 meters. I used those numbers to the top of the head and not to the head lasers. I know most members will say that they're not standing straight. Yes, they're not, but I tweaked the legs straight in Photoshop so I can measure it properly and created a guide to be able to use it on the leg sprayed pose. And this is what I came up with. What do you guys think? ;) 

hmr_vf1s_vf-0s.png.4978170e94dbd0ef1e432d29a5194adf.png