HMR Macross Zero VF-0S Phoenix

jvmacross

• jvmacross changed the title to HMR Macross Zero VF-0S Phoenix
1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

The VF-0A would just be a color change and head swap....so maybe we'll get at least a Shin VF-0A?

Yep.  Every HMR VF release has been milked one or more times except the Armored Valkyrie so there could be at least a VF-0A to go with the VF-0S.

I didn't notice this thread. Going to repost it here too. :rolleyes:

What do you guys think? Sliding or swivel? I tried to compare it from some HMR VF-1 photos. The 'piping' area kinda look the same. But I'm just guessing. Too bad also that it's missing Arcadia's leg cavity fillers. ;) 

image.jpeg.e244cef0a7a373ee973c9a9607030b8c.jpeg

image.jpeg.d5fa84782b0524e225d49aa0608ed44c.jpeg

What's the deal with the two different head lasers and why are most of the pics using the inaccurate one (the one on the right in the side by side pic)?

Edit: I guess they must be removeable/swappable since the lineart accurate ones are on backwards in this pic
4670969D-0DEE-4E33-91EC-B37510CD83ED.jpeg.250d6ea99324644382f25b745e3d8f4a.jpeg

I don't see any justification for why the alternate, centered head lasers are there though or where they came from.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

1 hour ago, MacrossJunkie said:

What's the deal with the two different head lasers and why are most of the pics using the inaccurate one (the one on the right in the side by side pic)?

Edit: I guess they must be removeable/swappable since the lineart accurate ones are on backwards in this pic

I don't see any justification for why the alternate, centered head lasers are there though or where they came from.

I'm guessing the centred lasers won't fold in when in jet, thus the alternative version off line...

But the centered lasers are the inaccurate ones. The ones that are off center are the ones that are accurate to the line art.

I just think the alternate ones are strange because there's no reason for them to exist.

They just have the line art accurate ones on the wrong sides (left laser is on right side and right laser is on left side) in the pic I pointed out.

36 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I was wondering wtf was with the head lasers. Why does the other set exist?? It's not like Roy got his original head lasers shot off and replaced with centered ones in M0. Someone working at Bandai with OCPD foisting it onto us. :unknw:

Yet again, we got BANDAI'ed. :aggressive:

Kidding aside, based on the translation on the description on Tamashii site under the image where they show 2 kinds of head laser:
'頭部レーザー機銃はCG版・設定画版の2種が付属し選択可能。'
'Two types of head laser machine guns, CG version and setting drawing board, are included and can be selected.'

It looks like they just included the centered one as a 'bonus' so you can choose which one to put. What I don't understand is that how come it has different design on the circle area than the other?

27 minutes ago, rummynose said:

Maybe the offset pair sits better in fighter mode?

Technically, yes. The offset sits better. But then, the 'offset' is basically 'official' to the OVA. Not the centered one.

Arcadia-VF-0S-PF-Focker-.jpg.9cc0484d83f9c923a818b38d66521966.jpg

9 minutes ago, Big s said:

Seems there are alternate line arts for the heads on the 0a and 0s

37A266B6-56C0-41DE-8919-B6EBA0724C68.png

Ah. Maybe that's what they meant on the 'setting drawing board' part of the description. CG and Illustration variants. ;) 

It's like having an options for '001' and '100'. So nice of Bandai for giving us 'choices' to correct their mistakes. :rolleyes:

Edited by no3Ljm

1 hour ago, seti88 said:

Does this HMR VF-0s seem to have a rainbow canopy, or am I just seeing a reflection.... :pardon:

It wouldn't bother me if it did, but I prefer non-rainbow canopies on VF's...

The VF-0S in the video posted earlier seems to not have any rainbow glare, but I'm sure it is not a final  production sample...guess we'll find out eventually

1 minute ago, eXis10z said:

Are HMRs usually this expensive? 14,000JPY 🤑

I was expecting around 10,000JPY or so. Have to rethink about getting 3 now, 1 for each mode.

There’s been some inflation in toys since the last vf1 and this seems a little more complex and includes more parts than a base vf1. I was hoping it would be less as well, but it’s not too far from what I expected. I personally was only thinking of 2. One to pretend I’m still a child and one to pretend that I’m an adult 

11 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I didn't notice this thread. Going to repost it here too. :rolleyes:

What do you guys think? Sliding or swivel? I tried to compare it from some HMR VF-1 photos. The 'piping' area kinda look the same. But I'm just guessing. Too bad also that it's missing Arcadia's leg cavity fillers. ;) 

image.jpeg.e244cef0a7a373ee973c9a9607030b8c.jpeg

That area looks very similar to the HMR VF-1, so more like a sliding mechanism to me..

There's a trapdoor on the arms for the hands to swivel inwards for Fighter, unlike Arcadia's sliding mechanism for the hands to be partially hidden under the backpack..

But really, the 14cm size.. such a turn off. Even the VF-2SS was made larger than the VF-1..

This pic shows the landing gear. The rear doors has a pin which shows that it does open. It is likely the gear doors are integrated to swivel open & close, but just the landing gears itself are plug-in. So, sort of a middle approach here as compared to the VF-1 in which both doors & landing gears are plug-in. 

And are Bandai's landing gears finally white now? :lol:

926458480_HMRVF-0Sgearsdownpinned.jpg.f430e4d04817abbcd90934203ca2472e.jpg

Edited by MKT

7 hours ago, Big s said:

Seems there are alternate line arts for the heads on the 0a and 0s

37A266B6-56C0-41DE-8919-B6EBA0724C68.png

Bandai picks the most bizarre things to be really accurate about.

1 hour ago, MKT said:

But really, the 14cm size.. such a turn off. Even the VF-2SS was made larger than the VF-1..

Who says size doesn't matter? :aggressive:

53 minutes ago, MKT said:

This pic shows the landing gear. The rear doors has a pin which shows that it does open. It is likely the gear doors are integrated to swivel open & close, but just the landing gears itself are plug-in. So, sort of a middle approach here as compared to the VF-1 in which both doors & landing gears are plug-in. 

And are Bandai's landing gears finally white now? :lol:

926458480_HMRVF-0Sgearsdownpinned.jpg.f430e4d04817abbcd90934203ca2472e.jpg

Bandai finally releases a valk with proper white aircraft landing gear. And it's on an HMR toy rather than their more premium DX line. <_<

Edited by Lolicon

5 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

That's what I asked earlier, sure looks like  rainbow canopy to me. 

Its weird bandai didnt list that as a "feature" 🤣

4 hours ago, jvmacross said:

It wouldn't bother me if it did, but I prefer non-rainbow canopies on VF's...

The VF-0S in the video posted earlier seems to not have any rainbow glare, but I'm sure it is not a final  production sample...guess we'll find out eventually

The video product sample sure looked rough...so most likely bandai had a meeting to decide if the canopy shld be tinted/rainbow'ed...

I wouldnt mind a rainbow canopy, hopefully its done well and doesnt peel as easily over time. Will take it as a nice change to a plain HMR VF-1 canopy ...