Olitech Industries Prometheus Build - Collaboration

Olitech Industries

Making a record of this build here.

Prometheus Carrier model in progress by my work colleague architect Mark Jordan. I'm directing him, but he is building the 3D model. Like super fast. I will be texturing, lighting, populating and composing. In true Olitech Industries fashion, he is taking 'canon' dimensions as much as possible, then filling in the blanks with real world precedents.

It will be one of the permanent homes for my VF 1:1 project. I will be shooting HDRI panos from it for free so that other artists may use it for lighting and reflections. Examples to come on my VF posts.

But this project truly needs it's own thread.

And thus it begins...

He completed the top middle hangar bay the first week. First 5 main elevators.

220429_Promethius_Cam01.jpg

220429_Promethius_Cam02.jpg

220429_Promethius_Cam03.jpg

Prometheus-class-Submersible-Aircraft-Carrier-50.jpg

Prometheus-class-Submersible-Aircraft-Carrier-65.jpg

Also in the second week, some very basic lighting and texturing from me.

I lightly modified and dropped in Michal Ryan's (Senovis) VF1 for scale while mine is still under construction at Skunk Works.

PROM_HANG_CAM01.jpg

PROM_HANG_CAM02.jpg

PROM_HANG_CAM03.jpg

PROM_HANG_CAM04.jpg

A VR rendering WIP here:

Edited by Olitech Industries

At the end of the second week, I managed to squeeze out some basic paint colours before leaving the office.

Flat Haze Grey for the exterior, Gloss Marine White for the interior. I bumped up the Pad Eye size from about 6" to 10". Anti Skid paint on the Deck.. Hazard Stripes on the Deck, Platforms and Bay Doorways. . I lined up the 'lanes' on the deck to line up with the tracks in the ceiling.

Bay lighting colour is a combination of 3000k (high pressure sodium), 5000k (in mercury vapour) and 6500k in metal halide. Or simply yellow, white teal and white blue.

This project will mainly be Shader and Lighting work for me, as Mark is not as comfortable at complex PBR Shaders as I am...yet. He will be. Oh he will be.....

PROMETHEUS HANGAR DRAFT.jpg

This is awesome ! I love it ! I've been going over as much material as i can find on this subject for my 1/72 Megaroad-01 hangar project. You guys are keeping me excited about this, keep going !

Edited by Bolt

13 minutes ago, Bolt said:

This is awesome ! I love it ! I've been going over as much material as i can find on this subject for my 1/72 Megaroad-01 hangar project. You guys are keeping me excited about this, keep going !

Nice!!! And thank you! Great to hear from you Bolt! 

All roads lead to Megaroad...

Edited by Olitech Industries

• 2 weeks later...