Can You Help Me Contact Arcadia?

sqidd

HUGE bummer. I have a Yamato 1/300 SDF-1 Assembly Kit going together and it's missing two of the metal "hip" pieces. So, Short of buying a standard finish Arcadia toy (and crossing my fingers they are the same) I'm hosed. And even then, still hosed. The least expensive one I can find is $900.:bad:

I got on Arcadia's site and tried to send them an email seeing if they had any of those hips laying around. Or if they could send me files so I could machine or 3D print them. But, I can't get their contact form to work. In the second set of name fields (below) it's asking for Katakana. Which Google is not to clear on what I need to be doing. I tried putting my name in Google Translate, but that didn't work. And without those fields filled in it won't send the message.

-Anyone know how I can get those fields filled with what I want?

-Or, does anyone have their actual email address?

Thanks

Arcadia.jpg.b56e3a29128e4ad6f6eb90e99c5f8ade.jpg

Who did you purchase it through? I would try them, (if possible, unless you bought it private or through a place that doesn't do squat) because Arcadia says at the bottom of their page that they don't service international customers:

Untitled.jpg.c6656eb8cad916d38d9db375205febf0.jpg

Edited by pengbuzz
added info

FYI, it's still worth trying them. But make sure you have an account with a Japanese address (I use Tenso) for them to use if they have to ship anything.

For Katakana, it's phonetic spelling, for example Stephanie becomes ステファニー (Su Te Fa Ni i). Katakana is the alphabet used for foreign words.

Put your name into google translate from English to Japanese and it'll turn it into Katakana characters.

50 minutes ago, pengbuzz said:

Who did you purchase it through? I would try them, (if possible, unless you bought it private or through a place that doesn't do squat) because Arcadia says at the bottom of their page that they don't service international customers:

Untitled.jpg.c6656eb8cad916d38d9db375205febf0.jpg

Mandrake

37 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

FYI, it's still worth trying them. But make sure you have an account with a Japanese address (I use Tenso) for them to use if they have to ship anything.

For Katakana, it's phonetic spelling, for example Stephanie becomes ステファニー (Su Te Fa Ni i). Katakana is the alphabet used for foreign words.

Put your name into google translate from English to Japanese and it'll turn it into Katakana characters.

13 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I tried to fill the areas in red and used a dummy email address and it went thru. ;) 

669800886_ScreenShot2022-05-06at6_15_33PM.png.529ce018f4423f78ca8d00c8b88798d9.png

Ahhh, I thought it was as easy as translating it. I was dumb and put my first and last name in both fields though. Doh!

Thanks for you help guys.:hi:

I sent it in English. Hopefully they get back to me.

1 minute ago, sqidd said:

Ahhh, I thought it was as easy as translating it. I was dumb and put my first and last name in both fields though. Doh!

Thanks for you help guys.:hi:

I sent it in English. Hopefully they get back to me.

You're welcome. Good luck. :good: 

By the way, out of curiosity, what's the metal hip pieces looks like? Does it have a photo in the manual that you can share? Thanks.

5 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

You're welcome. Good luck. :good: 

By the way, out of curiosity, what's the metal hip pieces looks like? Does it have a photo in the manual that you can share? Thanks.

SDF-1.jpg.d0fceb149224e32af8c68f740fcb0d27.jpg