https://mfg-anime.com

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2022-05-05/initial-d-successor-anime-mf-ghost-reveals-staff-eurobeat-soundtrack-with-2nd-video/.185349

『頭文字D』より未来、西暦202X年。 車の自動運転が普及した日本。  そんな時代に、公道の自動車レースが開催されていた。 世界中で人気を集めるレースの名はMFG。 ポルシェ、フェラーリ、ランボルギーニなど最速を誇る マシンが次々に参戦していた。  一方、イギリスのレーシングスクールを卒業したドライバー、 片桐夏向(カナタ・リヴィントン)は、ある目的を果たすため 日本に帰国するのであった―。

Future from "Initial D", 202X AD. Japan where automatic driving of cars has become widespread.  At that time, car races on public roads were held. The name of the race that is gaining popularity all over the world is MFG. Boasting the fastest such as Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini Machines were competing one after another.  Meanwhile, a driver who graduated from a British racing school, Katagiri Natsumukai (Kanata Rivington) to achieve a certain purpose She returned to Japan.

image.jpeg.56ea6e964e0efd1342a5fa1b3bf05e6b.jpeg

image.png.7c1d4dfeaf6de342f855fc72e705f5df.png

image.png.25dcb5ebd491ccbc56e238fa6ea1e198.png

They can keep the Eurobeat, but there better be some Noisy Tribe/M.O.V.E. tracks as well!  Don't know that I'm up for a "retool" of a classic, to me, anime.  Before Bunta would allow auto-driving cars on his pass, he would have kamikazed the WRX.  I don't necessarily need a continuation of Tak or KT, but without a Fujiwara connection can it hold the magic?  Feels more like a Midnight Wangan series over Initial D; still I'll give it a fair run-down.  Should have gone with the new Supra instead of the BRZ/86; while doing so sticks with the old formula, it also automatically waters down the other drivers of the Porsches, Lamborghini's, and Ferarri's.  Here's a C class car completely destroying A class cars; the original did a much better job of keeping the competition stiff but achievable, this is just bonkers for anyone who can actually drive, which given what it would cost to keep those vehicles road worthy, these fools can afford track time.  

• 7 months later...

It seems to have the spirit of the original show, or does it?  Initial D was about the "street" scene and how it can be used to learn various styles, even for established professional drivers.  However, it never made a huge spectacle of the races publicly, if you were there and in the know, then you knew; if not, you remain clueless.  There are more than a couple of driver's who will always get to say to themselves, "I've still got room to grow because I know this guy who started on Akina and worked his way across Japan owning everything, then just dissapearing."  This new series seems to be making a very big spectacle of the races to the general public; Tak would have retreated back into himself if that were the case instead of letting the beast out.  I'm still going to watch of course!

• 6 months later...
On 1/4/2023 at 8:27 PM, Wolf-1 said:

It seems to have the spirit of the original show, or does it?  Initial D was about the "street" scene and how it can be used to learn various styles, even for established professional drivers.  However, it never made a huge spectacle of the races publicly, if you were there and in the know, then you knew; if not, you remain clueless.  There are more than a couple of driver's who will always get to say to themselves, "I've still got room to grow because I know this guy who started on Akina and worked his way across Japan owning everything, then just dissapearing."  This new series seems to be making a very big spectacle of the races to the general public; Tak would have retreated back into himself if that were the case instead of letting the beast out.  I'm still going to watch of course!

Was thinking this. This is new spin is severely missing that underground edge. The animation also isn't anything to write home to about.