Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Because Macross is the coolest.

(Extra credit for naming the greeblies and easter eggs!)

xoxo, arbit

670316714_2022-04-2307_22_19.jpg.ee299d52957c51f53de477ea8fed3402.jpg

212019065_2022-04-2821_21_18.jpg.de00413a4fb14416cb9bc2158fa33697.jpg

1587650061_2022-04-2806_10_51.jpg.ca99e7c4b5f6a2dd045e4d779c768970.jpg

218710296_2022-04-2806_08_37.jpg.08d0b8b8a172dccfef59dc22273acd70.jpg1026369240_2022-04-2806_08_16.jpg.8da7bc1e36cab220c85a2396f4cb6daa.jpg

1021136212_2022-04-2805_59_13.jpg.8a27d67ac69ef3c00ce52c3196f3711c.jpg

1297421986_2022-04-2806_09_42.jpg.3ac1f613dbed477122d6b7aa1043a833.jpg

760230251_2022-04-2806_07_30.jpg.4e42b788626af3d48908f005f1f7cafc.jpg

1886917262_2022-04-2806_06_33.jpg.1481df92aa379cfcfa44415e9e815636.jpg

1222899802_2022-04-2806_14_46.jpg.d7c0b6763cb467d203a68117998cd3d1.jpg

268706324_2022-04-2603_18_27.jpg.32d842b3a73e0dacb6ca4b6eba10be81.jpg

1438575315_2022-04-2806_18_01.jpg.d3f5e9706cbdb8964c365fb3671077c9.jpg

I thought I would make a separate topic for this add-on, since it has a large amount of detail on its own, and can be attached to any flight deck.

Full detailed WIP will follow once I get my resources together.

  • Character figures are made by me, using a lot of stock 3D parts from around the internet.
  • Barrels/Lifeboats from Thingiverse, edited by @Xigfrid to add the Macross flag. Barrel racks by @Xigfrid
  • Original SDF-1 3D model made by GUILLEABM83 on Cults3d, heavily edited, separated, and hollowed by me for printing and lighting. Thanks to Guillermo for his awesome work!
  • Macross robots and cameras by OIM on Cults3d. Thanks Olivier! Go check out his library of Macross figures.
  • Platform made by me from super duper secret greeblies on Thingiverse. 
Edited by arbit
Link to comment
Share on other sites

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!  Gorgeous work @arbit. Does the Blast shield come up too?  You need a few on-deck hands and shooter.  I wished there was another Valkyrie in the back waiting in the wings.  Looks amazing, you should be proud. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, wm cheng said:

Does the Blast shield come up too?  You need a few on-deck hands and shooter.  I wished there was another Valkyrie in the back waiting in the wings.  Looks amazing, you should be proud. 

Sure. Will do. 

Thanks for the ideas.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks guys.

But hey, I expect some detailed questions and comments. 

Who else is gonna care about a Macross project these days!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

YEEEEHHHH sooooo I'm gonna need this IN MY HOUSE!!!! That's soooo freakin cool!!!! :clapping:

Ha ha, you can come over and play any time :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, CrossAir said:

Don't know what to say! This is so cool. All these little details. A bit sad you gave Roy no airtime 😉(or did I miss it?)

Keep looking, he's there 😉

Edited by arbit
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, arbit said:

I thought I would make a separate topic for this add-on, since it has a large amount of detail on its own, and can be attached to any flight deck.

Full detailed WIP will follow once I get my resources together.

  • Character figures are made by me, using a lot of stock 3D parts from around the internet.
  • Barrels/Lifeboats from Thingiverse, edited by @Xigfrid to add the Macross flag. Barrel racks by @Xigfrid
  • Original SDF-1 3D model made by GUILLEABM83 on Cults3d, heavily edited, separated, and hollowed by me for printing and lighting. Thanks to Guillermo for his awesome work!
  • Macross robots and cameras by OIM on Cults3d. Thanks Olivier! Go check out his library of Macross figures.
  • Platform made by me from super duper secret greeblies on Thingiverse. 

Amazing work. And thanks for mentioning me. In the future I hope to be able to continue making 3D models for the community. 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Absolutely AWESOME Arbit!!! Great detail and even backlighting stuff. Why is Misa looking at the photo from photography bot and why is it on the bridge!😄 Does it have a soundtrack of the bridgecrew gossiping about Misa?😂 You TOTALLY blew this one out of the water! - MT

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, MechTech said:

Why is Misa looking at the photo from photography bot and why is it on the bridge!😄

Good question. The phone and photo robots got in an argument and took the wrong elevator in Macross City.

But more importantly, why is the Bridge out on the platform? 

Double extra credit for finding the rest of my errors: mixing scales, messing up canon, and all sorts of other inconsistencies. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@arbit I would not call sectioning out the bridge into a wide format as an inconsistency, but instead as an artistic choice.;)

Though, now that you've done it that way, you could remake it as a bridge diorama that folds out to show all the stations, but then closes up into a shadow-box format. Or, a dollhouse for geeky adults!😀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Thom said:

@arbit I would not call sectioning out the bridge into a wide format as an inconsistency, but instead as an artistic choice.;)

Though, now that you've done it that way, you could remake it as a bridge diorama that folds out to show all the stations, but then closes up into a shadow-box format. Or, a dollhouse for geeky adults!😀

Yes, artistic license is my only defense. Otherwise, what looks "cool" takes priority over accuracy.

And, you're right, I wanted a folding playset, to display the bridge correctly as a room, but it would have been difficult with the platform floor. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Love the Orguss easter egg. That's a huge fire extinguisher. Looks like an older extinguisher where you gotta invert it or a soda acid type. How is the bridge attached to your Prometheus Deck?

Edit: @wm cheng here is the thread where he worked on the Deck: 

 

 

Edited by wmkjr
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 4/28/2022 at 11:23 PM, wm cheng said:

Does the Blast shield come up too? 

Sorry @wm cheng.  I didn't understand your initial question.  Yes, the blast shield comes up, as well as the wings and elevator. Please check it out in the video below.

Thanks @wmkjr  (I need to reshoot the bad photography ☹️)

 

Edited by arbit
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...