VA-14 Lineart WIP

TG Remix

I've been kinda obsessed with Zentradi inspired tech from the UN Spacy/Air Force/etc., and I was kinda disappointed that there hasn't been any true artwork of the VA-14. I would've been fine with the VF-14 we see in 7 P*L*U*S as the official design, but Chronicles considers it a more heavily armed version. Regardless, here's my take on it.

I still tried to keep the basic shape of the VF-14 as well as sharing some parts (Mainly the 7 P*L*U*S's head/canopy, M3's Vampire feet and arms but another large portion of the redesign came from the Fz-109F PanzerZorn of Kawamori's Air Calvary Chronicles, since he'd reuse design aspects from other suits there anyways. Criticism and feedback is well welcomed!

VA-14_Concept.jpg.fa0cdd6d72cc99d471ddc40b6e15fb99.jpg

VA-14_Attacker_Concept.jpg.1c1e7366a08ff197d01fb72abca1d50a.jpg

• 1 month later...

Sorry for not posting for a while, but I decided to revise the design of my VA-14. The issue with what I had was it mixed a bit too much design aesthetics instead of being it's own thing. (M3 VF-14 face and arms, Air Calvary Fz-109F PanzerZorn missiles and legs, etc.) So I went back to basics to make the silhouette more like the original Az-130, hence why I kept the P*L*U*S VF-14 inspired head to make it look more closer to the original Panzersoln.

I also designed the variable attacker as if I was designing something for Macross 7, instead of trying to make it it's own thing like M3's VF-14. And because this was a attacker made for Zentradi specifically, I gave it a more "organic" look to it but not stray too far from the design to make it look like it didn't belong to the UN (The UNS Variable Glaug was very helpful for that.) I hope this is an improvement from before!

image.jpeg

VA-14AttackerRevised.jpg

• 1 year later...

After being very sidetracked, I touched up the line art I made and colored it properly to finalize the design in a way. I gave it more features from the M7 P*L*U*S VF-14 to make it more obvious where the VA-14 came from. Not entirely sure if I want to make an entire character sheet for it but I wouldn't be opposed to one. I didn't know what colors to formally give it, but I feel like its appropriate I give it the Reguld colors to still give it that UN feel to it.

Any feedback is welcomed!

VA-14Sheet.png.9f5678d08a9df91a0538601dab6ab036.png