The guy got his powers after being bitten by a lion

...Even his origin from the 90's Spidey animation was more plausible

if that's the case, I should be freakin' superman after playing with my cat the other day! :lol:

2 hours ago, pengbuzz said:

if that's the case, I should be freakin' superman after playing with my cat the other day! :lol:

Sorry it a 50/50 chance of which powers you get from the animal. It’s either gonna be hyper speed with quick reflexes or super snooze with the occasional knocking things off the table powers

Edited by Big s

• sh9000 changed the title to Kraven The Hunter
1 hour ago, TangledThorns said:

RIP comic book films.

Hollywood should look at manga (again!) for new ideas and hopefully without screwing it up.

Hollywood (with precious few exceptions), post 2016, with legacy IPs???... Methinks thou dost ask too much of hacks who cannot deliver anything of the sort.

39 minutes ago, Big s said:

Sorry it a 50/50 chance of which powers you get from the animal. It’s either gonna be hyper speed with quick reflexes or super snooze with the occasional knocking things off the table powers

Toxoplasmosis is a hell of a fickle vector...

16 hours ago, Bolt said:

Interesting. I wonder if there will be a Spider Man cameo.  Russell Crowe is now the father to characters in both DC and Marvel. He just needs to be in a Transformers movie and a Star Wars something.

I think Russell Crowe would be good as Dumbledore in the Harry Potter series for MAX.

15 hours ago, mechaninac said:

Hollywood (with precious few exceptions), post 2016, with legacy IPs???... Methinks thou dost ask too much of hacks who cannot deliver anything of the sort.

They better deliver or perish to streaming.

17 hours ago, mechaninac said:

Wait, did something happen in 2016 in the industry? That was... Captain America: Civil War and Doctor Strange... I guess on the other side was Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad, (EDIT: there was also The Mummy a year later) the latter two of which sucked, yeah, but they didn't exactly spell doom for the industry. Did something else happen, like a mass firing/layoffs or studio consolidation or something I'm not remembering?

Edited by kajnrig

5 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Wait, did something happen in 2016 in the industry? That was... Captain America: Civil War and Doctor Strange... I guess on the other side was Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad, (EDIT: there was also The Mummy a year later) which sucked, yeah, but they didn't exactly spell doom for the industry. Did something else happen, like a mass firing/layoffs or studio consolidation or something I'm not remembering?

I don't blame you wiping Ghostbusters 2016 off your memory... like splashing bleach on a nasty stain.  That's when fan baiting and vilification, and totally unsubtle agenda pushing, were solidified as "legitimate" tactics by studios, producers, directors, actors, and media shills; 2016 marked the onset of the industry doom, as you put it, that they've so arrogantly cultivated.  That's not to say that equivalent BS wasn't a thing prior to that year -- Fant4stic comes immediately to mind as the casting was specifically geared towards throwing ists, isms and phobes accusations at fans if/when it bombed... it did -- or that haven't been excellent flics then and since, but that's when the bad blood seed was planted.

The wholesale rejections by audiences and commensurate financial losses from flop after flop and resulting cutbacks and layoffs and firings are the inevitable results of their hubris, by going from humbly embodying the time-tested business motto of "The customer is always right", to the sanctimonious position that 'if the customer criticizes what we deem they should slavishly consume, then the customer is not only wrong but stupid, bad, or both'... the industry is reaping what they've sown.

Edit:  This video, under spoilers, does an excellent job of summarizing, from my perspective, what got us from there to here; if you have a different point of view, that's perfectly fine, but the current state of affairs speak for themselves:

Spoiler

Edited by mechaninac
Add a contextual video

What was wrong with the Flash?! that was a really good movie. And TLJ, that failed because there was no cohesive plot and it turned our hero into a grumpy old man who wasn't funny and died like a fart in the wind. And Aquaman 2 already failed?! Dang, where the hell have I been!:lol:

As for Kraven, if they want me to watch, get a better idea than a guy being bit by a lion and suddenly be Landman, Aquaman's land-based bro from another mo.

Edited by Thom

21 hours ago, Big s said:

Probably that it was a Flash movie based around the worst Flash and starring a train wreck

And not only do you get assaulted with one annoying train wreck Barry Allen, but 2 annoying train wreck Barry Allens... 3 if you count the villain.  There is only so much revulsion a body can take before severe nausea takes over and projectile barfing ensues...

• 1 month later...