Mass CG project ...

Aztek

Rod, keepin this thread alive!

Weathering looks too clean to me, like it has been done by watercolor. needs more dirty streaks n such. Check the M0 stuff. I know their weathering is not perfect either, but it gives it a good look.

:Dat

In my opinion, the weathering looks a little too heavy... not that it's too dark in any place, but that it's all over, in large splotches. Real weathering tends to be much lighter overall, with much smaller, darker streaks and smudges in a few select places.

Some of the heavy weathering out there isn't particularly realistic, even though that seems to be the aim. IMO, a well weathered CG valk should look something like a wmcheng model. =)

-Al

Thanks for comments , I will play and post results

Sundown - I can only wish I had that much skill :)

I have been looking @ the low vis valks in the toy section , and trying to get the same colour scheme.

Please let me know if it should be darker or more greyish or do I have to start again

:rolleyes:

post-5-1108110701_thumb.jpg

Rodavan,

Can I ask for a favor? Would you be able to render all the custom squadron colors? Such as Engima, Blue Rose (all 3 versions), Angel Birds, and etc... and don't forget the Cannon Fodder!

It would be great to have some reference pictures for the model and customizing guys! also, it would help us visualize pre-custom colors to see how they would look.

Rod,

Your lowvis valk's scheme looks spot on. I think your renderer accents the panel lines a lil too much, but I'm sure the production renderer would take care of that with the raytracing and such. As far as the textures go, search the www.af.mil site, specifically aerial refueling pics. They have awesome shots, well lit, a variety of paint jobs and super high res (at least as far as aviation websites go). It gives a good sample of the diff levels of cleanliness aircraft have.

Lemme know if your not finding the shots I'm describing here. I'll link you some if you can't.

For everyone else, af.mil has a lot of good ref material especially from the maintenance perspective (ground shots) and in flight perspective (AR shots)

What type of material are you using Rodavan? I think it is way too shiny (that cannon fodder looks like a penny) I use a blinn it is still kinda shinny but not at the same time. Adding dirt to a specular map also seems to work real nice. I would be willing to give you any help I can because you defiantly have the best sculpt out of any of us!

post-5-1108521233_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gammera

Rod, awesome work, always loved your valk.

WOZ, post more renders, more angles, man, the detals on that thing look incredible. Would love to see more.

Been trying to work on my textures. Here's a sample before I do the weathering.

post-5-1108894929_thumb.jpg

Edited by DatterBoy

thanks guys !

Doc - I forgot ...those control surfaces looks cool

The_WOZ - great job , lots of detail

Datterboy - excelent , show us more , I will restart on weathering once I have all the colour scheme down.

Gammera - Thanks , a milla & max combo is great idea.

More?

;)

I also want to work out the different color schemes as well as the basic layouts for all 3 modes before I do weathering. Weathering seems to be much of a challenge right now as I have no idea how to approach it properly...

post-5-1108971284_thumb.jpg

Thanks Rod! More work being done. Added bump mapping since modelling in panel lines was too much for me to handle...

post-5-1109153685_thumb.jpg

Edited by DatterBoy

hey all, I was wondering if anyone could get me some orthographic (schematics) for skull leader plane... or just any VF... schematics that allow for transformation into the 3 forms plane, gerwalk, bot etc.\

I'd love if someone could find one

Wongster

Edited by wongster