Mass CG project ...

Aztek

I'm new here... and a lot of these threads are really long...:D

but can anyone sirect me to where I can find side, front, top and maybe bottom views/line drawings/schematics for a VF-19 or VF-9?

I'm in from another forum and I'm trying to build a real flying RC version out of Depron sheet foam....so i need these views to draw up plans....

Thanks

Jimmy

Something like this... but I need a front view as well

post-5-1102255983_thumb.jpg

Edited by akura2

K, I've got full views, but they're of the Hasegawa model, or at least renders of a polygon copy of it. So the proportions are a little different than those pics, and I'll need to send you the whole set so they're consistent.. what size do you need? (got the model, can render it in any size :))

just for a preview, here's a render....

post-5-1102331975_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chronocidal

it's going to be for an RC version....at least a 30" wingspan... so pretty high res... if you send it as a JPG that will fill an 11x17 sheet...that will be fine.... and line drawings will work... it's going into TurboCAD for the plans and tweaking to make flyable, so whatever you've got would be great...

BTW great-looking 19!!

and thanks. :D

BTW... if you know of anyone who has the VF-4...that would be great too...

this is the type of thing I'm looking for... but in higher res...

post-5-1102375670_thumb.gif

Edited by akura2

Talking about VF-19 --

Chronocidal - That VF-19 is excellent

I have been using your as a reference model to build my model . I decided to rebuild my model and I am using Maya so it can transform.

Can anybody help with the "leg" and "shoulder" and how they fit together?

post-5-1102590817_thumb.jpg

Why is it when ever VF-19 is mentioned people think of the Basara version of the plane ?

There is a VF-19A from VFX-2 that looks just like the showboat Isamu's YF-19.

and the vf-19a from macross digital mission vf-x :p

Need some help guys. I was bored today since i have relatives over for the weekend, so i start building a hybrid battle 7 from macross 7.

I used the mospeda legs since I realy like the design and use a head/bridge section from the gloria and the rest loosely based off battle 7. The thing is its transformable without too much anime magic, just the upper legs slid in to the lower legs like the mospeda anime. but strangly when I transform it, it looks like the love child of battle7, leigross (misspelled), and optimus prime.

The main problem is I feel its missing something in cruiser mode. Mind its only 450 poly minus the turrets and ill add in minor details, texture, and subdivide the polygons so its more smooth.

Any suggestion what I should add/change in cruiser mode would be very greatful.

Edit. After alittle changing and tweeking I can get rid of the back plate off him but I feel the super structure needs more of somthing and maybe little of the back/legs. If you got pictures of Battle 7's super structure i would like to see it.

I measured it out and it comes out at 414 meters long by 168 meters wide so its about tad shorter and narrow than a ARMD.

The yellow spot is a small drone from an earier model i did that measures 8.5 meters long but it give good reference to what a vf-19 would be since its like 17 meters long about twice longer than the small fighter.

post-5-1103503932_thumb.jpg

Edited by Zentrandude

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok, after a couple of months of laming, there is some updates to my VF1

I'm working with Truespace6 now, so I have to rework some parts that were scrambled due to the many different versions of the program used.

The new chest plate (only simetric details added by now):

post-5-1105882798_thumb.jpg

The_Woz,

Aviod using the following because of various problems with their usage:

- All NURBS functions. -

They are near total garbage for anything. Use Rhino3D if you want good NURBS.

- The Fillet/Chamfer tool. -

A total waste of time to use even for the most basic of uses. MASSIVELY error prone. There is a 'workaround', but it's time consuming and requires good working knowledge of SubD to work well.

- All Deforms. -

They are completely too imprecise to be usable beyond quick organics.

- Scaling tools. -

They do not scale correctly.

- All 3rd party plug-ins. -

THEY WILL CAUSE YOUR TS6 TO CRASH!

- All Spline tools. -

They are infinatly better in TS4.3.

- All animation tooling. -

Some of it's 'ok', but it's not stable enough for animating without cutting up your animation scene into smaller chunks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ONLY 'PROS' I have for TS6 is it's SubD, and it's still somewhat bad because they removed TS5's version which was simply better to build with, and it's lowered rendering time compared to TS4.3.

To be honest you should've spent your money on Rhino3D, because it's COMPLETELY superior to TS for building man-made objects.

The_Woz,

Aviod using the following because of various problems with their usage:

- All NURBS functions. -

They are near total garbage for anything. Use Rhino3D if you want good NURBS.

- The Fillet/Chamfer tool. -

A total waste of time to use even for the most basic of uses. MASSIVELY error prone. There is a 'workaround', but it's time consuming and requires good working knowledge of SubD to work well.

- All Deforms. -

They are completely too imprecise to be usable beyond quick organics.

- Scaling tools. -

They do not scale correctly.

- All 3rd party plug-ins. -

THEY WILL CAUSE YOUR TS6 TO CRASH!

- All Spline tools. -

They are infinatly better in TS4.3.

- All animation tooling. -

Some of it's 'ok', but it's not stable enough for animating without cutting up your animation scene into smaller chunks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ONLY 'PROS' I have for TS6 is it's SubD, and it's still somewhat bad because they removed TS5's version which was simply better to build with, and it's lowered rendering time compared to TS4.3.

To be honest you should've spent your money on Rhino3D, because it's COMPLETELY superior to TS for building man-made objects.

I aggree on the Fillet/Chamber tool, but I have no problems yet with 3rd party plugins, even with older ones suppossed to be used with ts3 or 4.

For most of the other tools, I still have TS1 and TS3. TS1 deform tool is way better than it's sucessors.

Well, the chest section is almost done:

post-5-1106486462_thumb.jpg

Yeah just abit big. ;)

The_Woz, I recently found out that if you model with large objects you get better flexiblity and better performance with some of the tools. I'm not saying to just change the object size and scene settings in the control panel! You actually have to have the object larger the the intial single scene start-up size. It's something like you have to model with the object in the hundreds of meters when the scene is set with meters as the scene settings. Also to help moving around such a scene place a cube or simple object roughly where you are working, so you can simply select that object and double click your mouse wheel to focus and rotate the view easier. It also helps to remind you where you stopped working last.

BTW it's nicely coming together!!! B))

Holy crap...

I'd love to get a bigger monitor. Looking for a 19' LCD. Know of any killer deals?

:Dat

Man, I have a 19" and I couldnt even see the whole thing before. 1600X1280 resolution is just too small for me. I cant read... damn my eyes. :p

OK, geeze, I changed them to 800x450, if you think that is too big, well, get a bigger monitor.

Unfortunately... everyone isnt that fortunate. Some here even have 56k still. Its just nice to keep it on the smaller side so everyone can see your great CG work without waiting half an hour or scrolling their window 5 ft -> that way. ;):lol:

Btw, cant wait for u the finish. Its looking great so far. :D

• 3 weeks later...

I love a clean looking valks , but realism seem to be the in thing....

I tried a bit of weathering experiment on updated model before I finish all the colouring, is the weathering too much ?

If there is nice picture of good and accurate weathering , please post here

:)

post-5-1108016366_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rodavan

Rodavan,

IMHO, weathering is just... 'al dente'. Man... you're damn greatly skilled. I love your vf-1!

Mmmm... a new wallpaper is born... :lol:

mcpaz