Mass CG project ...

Aztek

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a quick request for anyone in this thread, if you could contact me regarding any availability or knowledge of mosepeda or invidi invasion models around in the community I'd love to hear about it. I'm looking for a horizont, cyclone/ride armor and alpha's betas.

michael AT elementvfx.com

Mike.

• 3 weeks later...

Great pictures everyone! I was wondering if we can see some of this pictures composited on cities rather than skies or aircraft carriers, don't get me wrong, in carriers look great, but to remember the shots in the series to see them on cities would be cool...just a thought :D

• 2 months later...
I've not worked on anything but I'm leaning towards a Joke Machine CG model.

370968[/snapback]

I'm working on a cg/live action short dealie of the vf-1 fighting what, in order to keep this Macross-related, we'll here call a "Protodevlin". It's nowhere near done, though I produced a crappy first pass at two or three shots as my final project for my masters degree last year. Still twiddling with it when I have the time...

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I found no other place to ask this question: I'm trying to model a valk in maya 6.5, I have the blueprints from the Hasegawa model, scanned in jpeg format, my question is once I put the front and top view in maya how do I get a 3D rendering of the model to start fine-tunning it? or is there a process in between, I'm a Maya starter, please help! :(:)

EH....what I meant was what is the process to do this, I see you have some skill in the matter, perhaps you can tell me how to do it? do I just put the views and click "render"? or is there some process to this?

well what do you have for a model so far? You usually don't have to "fine tune" any of the modelling. The surfacing and UV's just need work. At any rate, in Lightwave the scene / animation editor / render engine is seperate from the modeling program. However, most other programs like 3ds and cinema 4d have it integrated. My guess is that there's a render command. In order to view the model without rendering it you can just use your perspective window with texture shaded solids. I'm not quite sure what level you're at. Why don't you take a screenie and post it.

ok, I got the schematics and put it on the maya window, but now I see both views (top and front) intersecting in the middle but the object doesn't appear as a 3D thing. It rather appears as two planes intersecting each other

isn't that how its supposed to look :S

379809[/snapback]

Errr....

Dark Jedi Knight, I apologize if I've misunderstood,

But Wongster, I get the sense that DJK doesn't really know what "modeling" in the 3D sense is-- I think he thinks that the 3D program is kind of like an "automated model builder" where you feed in draft/plan schematics, hit a button, and out pops a fully 3D model!!

Am I correct in this assumption DJK? If not, I again apologize for getting your question wrong. But if so, then man, I'm afraid you've missed the nature of this kind of work. The blueprints don't "do" anything at all by themselves. Rather, they're purely for reference. Once you've got those two image planes set up in your modeler, you use them to start building the geometry of the model-- from scratch. You'll need to use the modeler's various tools and options to construct the various pieces of the valkyrie, fit them together, and "paint" them. It's a long and painstaking process, as Wongster's numerous progress reports in his other thread should demonstrate.

Good luck!

JDK, if you think a 3D model is gonna pop up once you put the orthos in, you're in for a world of hurt. Many of the better models in this thread took months or years of refinement.

But maybe we're misunderstanding what you think is supposed to happen.

In the meantime, just so we know where you stand, do you know how mold and shape primitives?

Jeez guys I think the Doc and Datter have it right on the spot, I thought you put in the "orthos" (orthographic views I assume) and out pops the 3D image, and you "fine tune" it once it's done, but if it is only for reference, then DAMN! I gotta learn the whole process from scratch!!!! :blink::(:unsure: sorry to bother you so much with this but any beginner's Maya tutorials in mind? or 3D-studio Max? because If I wanna do this right I gotta learn the thing....I got it all backwards

• 2 weeks later...