Mass CG project ...

Aztek

Solid start on the ARMD, but I think the bridge need some additional work, it is somewhat SDF-1 bridgelike, not just a windows, but the big glass wall as well.

MAC:

It also seems you have rendered a few of the objects that would be better left to texturing as well. not sure if that was the intent, but I think it may be better served approaching it a bit differently.

:Dat

Solid start on the ARMD, but I think the bridge need some additional work, it is somewhat SDF-1 bridgelike, not just a windows, but the big glass wall as well.

Indeed a solid start. :)

But you really need to start rounding your corners if you want added visual depth and accuracy.

Question - I have been trying to get the hands right , it looked fine , until I added a pistol grip to see how it fits , I had to change a few things . Is the hand the right scale to the pistol grip ?

Is there any reference that shows the connection or the sequence of where it goes into the "Arm" :)

post-5-1112795402_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rodavan

Rod, that model of yours just keeps getting better and better. The "flames" look more like bright out gassing than rocket exhaust, but still look way cool. As for the hand, your modeling looks fine; the finger/palm proportions look good, but IMO, the DYRL? manipulator design is among the fugliest ever...the offset pinky is just plain odd. This is, of course, not your fault...it's just the nature of the beast.

I've done a bit more work on my Tomahawk: The waist, arms, feet components are pretty much finished; the chassis parts are getting there. The legs...nothing done on that score yet; those will be next. Well here is a picture:

post-5-1112817778_thumb.jpg

ROD:

Looks like your boost is butane flame form a torch. I always felt it was represented as spheres of light with fall off. Also noticed your hands are currently using ball joints. You intend to keep it that way or go for disc joints in the end?

MECHANINAC:

Still looking sweet!

OK, I'm gonna go on a battroid posting spree now so if you all want me to stop or you get sick of seeing the same model with different textures on it, let me know and I'll quit. I imagine it could get overbearing...

First up: MAX DYRL variations

post-5-1112830237_thumb.jpg

Max DYRL Fighter Mode:

Looking to complete schemes for Max and Miriya TV versions, then I'm going to move on to completing the fast packs. And of course, the Regult. Not sure what happened to this thread, but I'm soooo ready for that Mass CG Project to come to fruition real soon.

;)

post-5-1112830775_thumb.jpg

Edited by DatterBoy

mechaninac - looking good ;)

Dat - way cool , those colour schemes rock :o ,

Not sure wether to use ball joint or discs on the hands yet I just wanted to get the "bigger " picture before proceeding? I sometimes get into adding detail only to find ... it wrong or doesn't work well :p

As for the " flames" , it's excaclty that , light with a fall off . I'll have to find a different method , but .. that's the fun off it.

Dat - I hope you start that Regult soon , my future projects include :

- VF-19 ( Started , but never got really into it)

- ARMD ( with launch bay)

- Launch arm

- Regult ( I love those enemy craft)

So Do I... Hopefully, Kingnor will pick the project up again. Seeing as how he's an animator, it probably won't be till then. Considering trying to do some stop framse stuff on my own, but don't want to do that until I get some other environment elements made up to go with it.

Just out of curiosity... with 64 pages and counting, is there any possibility of ever seeing a big ass group render? Wolf13's SDF-1 is still waiting I believe... somebody needs to post a few of his ARMD shots, now that we have another ARMD model on the thread :p

So Do I... Hopefully, Kingnor will pick the project up again. Seeing as how he's an animator, it probably won't be till then. Considering trying to do some stop framse stuff on my own, but don't want to do that until I get some other environment elements made up to go with it.

If i don't get an Internship next term I'm definately picking up the project again after finals.

I can't wait to try and rig that thing again, i've learned a few things since my last attempt :-) just a few.

I remember you saying that you had all the heads for the model in one file, and they were swap-able. how hard is it to change textures?

I'd love to do an animation of the valks flying around that ARMD platform posted earlyer, change modes, land and do some battle with some battle pods.

is anyone doing battle pods? those would be much easyer to rig and i could probably have one done in a day or so. (valks require tons of work)

anyway, you modelers blow me away, i feel guilty touching your fantasitc work. FABULOUS!

Hey Mike,

Swapping textures is super easy. When I send em your way, I'll send you the texture swaps as well. All you have to do is replace the textures in the root directory with the texture set you want, and delete or hide the head you don't want. BAM... instant valk switch.

Looking forward to it. You know, if nothing else, a quick animation of the jets flying through some clouds would be an easy one, yeah? I think the love on the CG thread is for the Fighter mode anyhow.

Hey thanks everyone, your comments have been very helpful.

I just wanted to get a model done and then start modifying it ...

I agree it looked a little bit squarish... so I started rounding it... here is my progress so far... notice in the upper right corner how the engines are being rounded..

again... comments are wellcome.

mac.

DAT: great models by the way!

post-5-1113197817_thumb.jpg

hmmm also, the ARMD is of course part of this ship...

I hope I am doing it enough credit... it is by no means finished, but I do hope that sometime the model is attractive enough to make a poster or something out of it.

Please critic and comment!

The Tomahawk model is looking very accurate and nice!

mac.

post-5-1113197977_thumb.jpg

Fighters flying around, fighters shooting, fighters transforming...

Anything, as long as we get to see that gorgeous work of art in motion :D

Here's a quickie. Horrid clipping, but you get the point.

valk_fun.mpg

@ Dat -- :o

Thanks for sharing , cool rendering- Akilae

like I said, not mine...

actually, if you go to the first page of this thread, you'll see a cell shaded rendering by Wolf13. If they ever get the old boards up and running, that's where all the good stuff is.