Mass CG project ...

Aztek

MECHANINAC

Just dupe that leg and get it done! Good stuff. I have to agree, the CAD progs make great possible models.

ROD:

Head to head? Man, if I had any animation skillz I'd hit that in a sec. Hold up.. I'm gonna put on my fast pack set too so as to stand a chance in battle. But looking at what you've got, I need to fix a few things up first...

:Dat

CORY:

Let me know what you're looking for and I'll see if I can't accomodate you. I've got a real funky pose posted on the last page of the wallpapers thread. It was posed after some kit I saw earlier on in this thread. Did some cheating for the proportions to fit.

Thanks for kudu's guys :)

DAT : - I'll lose when it come to animation , but can't wait to see you valk with the fast packs . Fantastic poses on that Battroid .

mechaninac - excellent ! come on , mirror that leg and render.

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback based on such a poor render.

Dat, Rod: in due time. Real work is picking up again and beginning to intrude in my play time :angry:. As the model stands, its about 45 - 50% complete, so there is still a lot of modeling and fiddling to do.

Edit: I need a website with good reference images of all the destroids with internal details, external storages, missiles and cockpit images. I've tried googling it but have come up snake eyes; if anyone can help it'd be greatly appreciated.

Edited by mechaninac

Nice work DAT B))

I am really stuggling with the hands of the VF-1 , I tried some stuff last night .

I am using a 3d hand taken from poser then "build " the robot hand around it, but it just don't feel right ..... <_<

Any idaes of advise .....

post-5-1112263501_thumb.jpg

Rod here's some captures and a render of my set of hands. I have the hands linked together and skinned at the joints (mostly the black areas). I have a 3 joints in the wrist to give it all the motion our forearms and wrist usualy provide. Hope these help. Scans from Macross Design Works were invaluable for this. It has some ortho hand views you can use.

post-5-1112271696_thumb.jpg

ROD, I think the problem is that, on the first pic anyways, that the fingers are wide. I know when I built mine, although my hads are totally wrong, I had narrow fingers for the width. I'll get a shot and show you. The result makes it so it does not look as good, but fits in the arm really well for transformation.

I think AZ his it down right there. You can see the narrow fingers vs your fat ones and I think that's wher the difference is. HUman fingers are fat like the ones you made. But the bot fingers should be more narrow. I'll probably use his hands as a ref to rebuild my own.

So AZ... post more orthos shots and refs! ;)

Edited by DatterBoy

Aztek - excelent , I remember that hand on that batroid the first post in this thread , have not read from u in while B))

DAT - Your right , if I compare my hands to that of Aztek's they are really fat , so i'll put them on a cg diet :p

Fooling around with HDRI last night I made these .......

post-5-1112339457_thumb.jpg

ROD,

Any chance you can HDRI render my model if I hand it over to you? I don't know if it's me or my renderer, but I can't seem to get renders of that quality.

No problem Dat , I will try my best , depending on your software your using there is a lot of HDRI tools ( plugins) that sets up the ligthing for u.

I can import most file formats , but like obj or 3ds ...

Edited by Rodavan

Rod,

Thanks.

Japan has been sucking the life out of me. I went from a training base with A-10s and -130's to a combat F-16 unit, so the tempo is worlds apart. I spent about 40 hours this week working a broke -16 and was one step away from getting some support from Lockheed for a fix before we nailed the malfunction. Fixing planes has been getting more attention than drawing them lately. I squeezed out those renders while burning some midnight oil. I'll try and get more active once things slow up a lil (like that will happen!)

Also, your valk is sweet. You know that. But were you going for the plastic toy look? or are you trying to go photo realistic? I just noticed your texs are pretty bright and solid. I am SOOOOO not knocking your work man, I'm just trying to figure out the direction you're going in.

Aztek - working on aircraft is great fun , but huge responsibility , hope you get some time soon . The only aircraft I ever did some engineering for was old South African planes ,C-130 's and Mirage ,nothing as exciting as F-16's......

I was going for the "toyish" look , the photo real stuff will come later when I get into the animation side , thanks for the comments , I''ll have a look @ those texture <_<

C-130's is still where my heart is at. It was a great aircraft to maintain and fly on. I'n glad there is someone on the forums who can appreciate the effort that goes in to getting aircraft up and down safely.

LOL, I never associated a valk with a chick. But I guess your right. Most valks usually hive a big chest and nice hips and thighs. They need to get a glute machine and work on their kadunkadunk though ...

hmm I really like the projects of all the people that have posted so far. It is time that I post some work in progress, so here it goes... I have been working on the ARMD 01 (DYRL version for some time now... it still is incomplete...) but I would like to know what you guys have to say..

Any way please feel free to critic away...

mac

post-5-1112592129_thumb.jpg

Hey Dat, I noticed your feet are kind of rigid. Why don't you slide thim out a hair, like on the 1/48, then you'd be able to pivot them on the ankle joint to make them parallel with the surface? I had to shorten my footwell (?) so that when extended my feet don't "look" like they are extended.

Hey Dat, I noticed your feet are kind of rigid. Why don't you slide thim out a hair, like on the 1/48, then you'd be able to pivot them on the ankle joint to make them parallel with the surface? I had to shorten my footwell (?) so that when extended my feet don't "look" like they are extended.

Yeah, I noticed that too Was actually looking at making a foot and a well that would accomodate for the pivoting as well as other things such as heel and "toe" articulation. I think the more recent pic has the drop misrepresented on the Rick, so that one is extra bad.

Will be making an update soon, and even sooner now that someone noticed.

ROD: Everyone seems to have a soft spot for the CF. So far, believe it or not, it is my favorite CG color scheme...