Arcadia 1/60 Destroid Tomahawk

close313

7 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

I don’t know what to think anymore. I pretty much gave up on Aracadia Destroids. We should have seen overlap development of any of the others prior to the release of this.

I really hope I am wrong.

Either way, I am happy for those who dove in and got their updated releases.

I suspect Arcadia is gauging interest in the Destroids. I hope if the Tomahawk sells well for them, then they will release more.

4 hours ago, ValkAddict said:

I suspect Arcadia is gauging interest in the Destroids. I hope if the Tomahawk sells well for them, then they will release more.

I am one of the few on this forum who rarely if ever orders two Valks or in this case two Destroid's at one time. I've only ever owned the old Matchbox toys, so now that I have this Arcadia version in hand & I'm definitely impressed by its design & detail (minus the lack of Tampo) so if they release anymore Destroids I'm all on board. B))

Arcadia can milk the VF-5000 mold if they can manage to acquire some additional licensing from the game paint schemes....a Spartan would involve a whole new mold, licensing...all for just one canon version of the Spartan...the alt versions released by Yamato for the Tomahawk and Defender did not do very well...so doubt we'll get an Arcadia Spartan....maybe a Phalanx to complete the 3...but seems doubtful...

I'd prefer more M7 VFs...

After seeing all of Bandai upcoming releases, I wonder if this why Arcadia is gearing to the much more obscure?

Maybe Bandai doesn’t want them to eat into their product sales and is only allowing Arcadia to play in a very niche forum.

Just speculation.

37 minutes ago, CeramicDragon said:

Anyone order from AMIAMI? How much was shipping?

I got mine from AmiAmi, for two Tomahawks and shipping total was $228.00 shipped DHL. 

So roughly $47.00 for two, should be cheaper for just one.

4 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

If anyone is interested, these are available at BBTS. It is so strange to see the price of the 1/60 Destroid is the same as the HMR VF-0. Quality and cost is vastly superior and overlooked on the Destroid.

🥲

image.png.e11cd7c8449aefe59449937e3be551f2.png

Given how Bandai is jacking up prices for WWM items, I'm surprised the three new Tiny Session valks aren't $169.99 as well.

On 11/22/2022 at 5:30 PM, nightmareB4macross said:

If anyone is interested, these are available at BBTS. It is so strange to see the price of the 1/60 Destroid is the same as the HMR VF-0. Quality and cost is vastly superior and overlooked on the Destroid.

🥲

image.png.e11cd7c8449aefe59449937e3be551f2.png

Hey, the joints on the 0S are made of metal! That totally makes it super awesome and worth the asking price!

On 11/22/2022 at 9:32 PM, Anasazi37 said:

Given how Bandai is jacking up prices for WWM items, I'm surprised the three new Tiny Session valks aren't $169.99 as well.

0S should be $49.99.

I remember paying around $170 for the DX VF-1S Hikaru a couple years back... before the yen collapsed to its current low. Bandai really putting the screws to international customers for substandard toys.

1 hour ago, CrossAir said:

Finished my work on the Tomahawk today: Panel lining, water decals, smoked gunbarrels, slightly dusted feet and a final matte coating.

As I don't like the huge markings on the U.N.Spacy Destroids I went for a N.U.N.S. version with smaller ones.

IMG_6927.jpeg.b9c717c794ef83ac24a610215bcdab15.jpegIMG_6920.jpeg.41a8cdb818cca882ad273253cec9a646.jpegIMG_6919.jpeg.0d9c7b7cbc8531032a198a5837f8f9b9.jpeg

Damn that looks great! I'm glad to see the old Tomahawk is still in service well into the NUNS era. :)

2 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

That came out really nice. The NUNS works on this.

Great job!

24 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Damn that looks great! I'm glad to see the old Tomahawk is still in service well into the NUNS era. :)

Thanks! And yes, the Tomahawk does fit in nicely with my Frontier DX valks on display 🙂

I got mine from AmiAmi a week or so ago. I just finished putting the stickers on it although like everyone else I wish it had been painted completely out of the box. I do think it came out OK though.

Clearly, I had the same ideas someone else had to put the Minmei on the leg lol

E192D689-D55B-4CE0-A838-3B132C84D1EC.jpeg

B893F2AF-88F3-4611-8924-2EEC353EF30E.jpeg

Edited by Boomerdave

Something funny I noticed about the stickers. There are some that it doesn’t tell you to use in the instructions that are the caution " Here are all the details of the device type" stickers -  basically a block with a whole bunch of tiny tiny type in it to make it look technical.

Since they weren’t used, I was trying to figure out where to put them on. When I zoomed in with the Magnifier on my phone they apparently took headlines from a newspaper. Most of it is about budgets and Nancy Pelosi lol. I looked at some of the others, (including the ones that go on the back of the PPC's) and anything that has micro type is the same thing exactly. You'd never be able to read it unless you look really hard.

9C051040-3392-4315-A6E6-FB0544DBB51C.jpeg

4F09D65F-B611-4B51-842F-90FFE025B788.png

Edited by Boomerdave

6 minutes ago, Boomerdave said:

Something funny, I noticed about the stickers. There are some that it doesn’t tell you to use that are the caution " Here are all the details of the device type" stickers -  basically a block with a whole bunch of tiny tiny type in it to make it look technical.

Since they weren’t used, I was trying to figure out where to put them on. When I zoomed in with the Magnifier on my phone they apparently took headlines from a newspaper. Most of it is about budgets and Nancy Pelosi lol. I looked at some of the others, and anything that has micro type is the same thing exactly. You'd never be able to read it unless you look really hard.

Okay that is definitely one of the most WTF things I have seen regarding Macross. :blink:

8 hours ago, Boomerdave said:

I know right? I lurk here but it was so messed up I had to create a login to share it 😛

I've worked with a lot of Macross sticker and decal sheets over the past 20+ years, scanning them in at high resolution, and you do sometimes see strange stuff in the fine print. Usually it's just nonsense or repeating patterns of "xxx" to approximate words, but what you just found is in a league of its own. My Tomahawk should arrive today. Will have to check out the sticker sheet to see if mine has the same text.

16 hours ago, Boomerdave said:

Something funny I noticed about the stickers. There are some that it doesn’t tell you to use in the instructions that are the caution " Here are all the details of the device type" stickers -  basically a block with a whole bunch of tiny tiny type in it to make it look technical.

Since they weren’t used, I was trying to figure out where to put them on. When I zoomed in with the Magnifier on my phone they apparently took headlines from a newspaper. Most of it is about budgets and Nancy Pelosi lol. I looked at some of the others, (including the ones that go on the back of the PPC's) and anything that has micro type is the same thing exactly. You'd never be able to read it unless you look really hard.

So Nancy Pelosi knows about the 1.75Trillion we have spent over the last 10 years on our Macross budgets combined. And she calls the budget “transformative.”

How ironic.

🤣

17 hours ago, Boomerdave said:

They must have put this sticker sheet together at the last minute because that news was from October 26th.

Nvm, 26th of last year.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

On 11/28/2022 at 3:19 PM, MacrossJunkie said:

They changed it from the original release. The text makes no sense at all.

20221128_151026.jpg.bdd442621f214b32d1e513d51d126fa6.jpg

LOL it is the lyrics to "Just the Two of Us", which while I remember the original song, remember more from Dr Evil and Minii-Me rapping in jail with the chorus to the song.

11 hours ago, vladykins said:

LOL it is the lyrics to "Just the Two of Us", which while I remember the original song, remember more from Dr Evil and Minii-Me rapping in jail with the chorus to the song.

Holy crap, you're right! Haha

I didn't recognize it because it was all fragmented with other stuff mixed in.

11 hours ago, vladykins said:

hahaha it just gets more and more bizarre..