Arcadia 1/60 Destroid Tomahawk

close313

13 hours ago, Bolt said:

1/60 Monster is Crazy talk ! Having a 1/72  monster is more than enough..🤔

Not crazy if you take it out for walks. All kidding aside, there was an old prototype of one early on. It was glorious.

4 hours ago, Jasonc said:

Not crazy if you take it out for walks. All kidding aside, there was an old prototype of one early on. It was glorious.

The same pic used forever of that prototype. Gonna need to throw in a cupholder attachment:

341239573_1-60Monster.jpg.2d2483696760ab8098f218fc650ab50d.jpg

At the time that thing felt so enormous and impossible. But now we live in a world with 1/6 scale Batmobiles, Lego Millennium Falcons that you have to build a coffee table around, and 1/4 statues that, with the base and flourishes and posing, are basically the half the size of an adult human. The 1/60 Monster doesn't seem that obscene anymore (or maybe I've just lost my mind).

I love how idealistic Macross fans are. The HMR Monster is an incredibly excellent toy but it didn't seem to sell very well based on how long it was available and even on sale at some places. Now, we are saying there should be one almost twice the size and probably end up costing more than twice as much and comparing it to the Batmobile and Millennium Falcon to justify it? How many more times do you think there are people that know what the Batmobile or MF are compared to a HWR-00-MKII let alone fans who would buy such things? 

I mean, I'd buy it but I know I'm insane and in the vast minority in the world of toy collectors.:lol: 

14 hours ago, Slave IV said:

I love how idealistic Macross fans are. The HMR Monster is an incredibly excellent toy but it didn't seem to sell very well based on how long it was available and even on sale at some places. Now, we are saying there should be one almost twice the size and probably end up costing more than twice as much and comparing it to the Batmobile and Millennium Falcon to justify it? How many more times do you think there are people that know what the Batmobile or MF are compared to a HWR-00-MKII let alone fans who would buy such things? 

I mean, I'd buy it but I know I'm insane and in the vast minority in the world of toy collectors.:lol: 

At least no one suggested 1/48.......yet

• close313 changed the title to Arcadia 1/60 Destroid Tomahawk
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2022 at 6:22 AM, spacemanoeuvres said:

I have been picking up the yamato's here and there but PO'd an arcadia as well. 

With some of the fixes incoming for this toy, I'm very excited to get a new one. I hope Arcadia is hinting at making the Phalanx, since it does share the bulk of the bottom half with the other 2 releases, and would require minimal design because of that. Also, I remember seeing some hints that it was in design already, so if Arcadia got those, then it wouldn't be too much work to get it done. I'd love to see a 1/60 Spartan, as well as the Cheyenne, but TBH, Xigfrid's Cheyenne design was really good. JUST MAKE ALL OF IT, ARCADIA!!! (I know, it's not realistic)

Now I'm considering getting a few of these. I've been poking around on the usual sources and I really can't come up with a bottom line cost because they will either charge you later (possibly losing the exchange rate advantage) or they don't quote shipping while checking out.

What do you guys think the best source for these are right now?

2 hours ago, sqidd said:

Now I'm considering getting a few of these. I've been poking around on the usual sources and I really can't come up with a bottom line cost because they will either charge you later (possibly losing the exchange rate advantage) or they don't quote shipping while checking out.

What do you guys think the best source for these are right now?

I went with Hobby-Genki for this. It's my first PO with them; they appear to have the best price for this, and they have the flexibility of payment & shipping.

When making the PO, for most stuffs (including this Tomahawk) you can choose to pay upfront or pay later when item is released. If you specify the pay later option, you can dabble with a bit of currency speculation as you are allowed to pay anytime between your order date till item release. So this might be useful to you. 

For shipping, you can also specify pay up front, i.e. ship immediately upon release, or put in into private warehouse. Their private warehouse system works a bit differently from others, in that it is not time but space-based (1 m3). From what I see, paying for shipping upfront on PO's is a bad idea, because for this Tomahawk, they seem to estimate a very large/heavy box (my personal estimation is Yamato's Tomahawk box size) so the upfront shipping rates look somewhat gouge-ey (not unlike the old NY or currently LP).

I have tested in-stock items for shipping rates, and thankfully they are at par with the normal postal rates. So for this Tomahawk, I'm expecting actual shipping rates upon release to be lower than what they are charging upfront now. 

2 hours ago, MKT said:

I went with Hobby-Genki for this. It's my first PO with them; they appear to have the best price for this, and they have the flexibility of payment & shipping.

When making the PO, for most stuffs (including this Tomahawk) you can choose to pay upfront or pay later when item is released. If you specify the pay later option, you can dabble with a bit of currency speculation as you are allowed to pay anytime between your order date till item release. So this might be useful to you. 

For shipping, you can also specify pay up front, i.e. ship immediately upon release, or put in into private warehouse. Their private warehouse system works a bit differently from others, in that it is not time but space-based (1 m3). From what I see, paying for shipping upfront on PO's is a bad idea, because for this Tomahawk, they seem to estimate a very large/heavy box (my personal estimation is Yamato's Tomahawk box size) so the upfront shipping rates look somewhat gouge-ey (not unlike the old NY or currently LP).

I have tested in-stock items for shipping rates, and thankfully they are at par with the normal postal rates. So for this Tomahawk, I'm expecting actual shipping rates upon release to be lower than what they are charging upfront now. 

So they will let you pay up front but pay shipping later?

Thanks

13 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Thanks

After signing-in and try a preorder process, yes, you can actually pay the item upfront and pay the shipping later.

52 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Thanks

That is correct. However, the release date is Oct. If Arcadia’s current trend of delays continue for the rest of year, you might be out of PayPal’s protection period if you pay now..

5 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

After signing-in and try a preorder process, yes, you can actually pay the item upfront and pay the shipping later.

:hi:

5 hours ago, MKT said:

That is correct. However, the release date is Oct. If Arcadia’s current trend of delays continue for the rest of year, you might be out of PayPal’s protection period if you pay now..

That's what international/travel credit cards with 1.5% cash aback and unlimited chargeback potential are for.:D

So if I'm wagering that exchange rates are as good as they're going to get and I want to save the most I can on shipping paying fo the item now and shipping later is the hot setup then?

Thanks for your help.:hail:

Edited by sqidd