Arcadia 1/60 Destroid Tomahawk

close313

1 minute ago, Sanity is Optional said:

$105 (after converting to USD) from other places, and $170 from BBTS. Overall still probably cheaper to buy from a Japanese store.

Maaaayyyybe?:unknw:

With fuel prices going up so is shipping. The only shipping price I have seen is from AmazonJP and what as that? $75?

13 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Maaaayyyybe?:unknw:

With fuel prices going up so is shipping. The only shipping price I have seen is from AmazonJP and what as that? $75?

I doubt it, box is smaller than the Arcadia VF-4G, and that's only showing  ¥5,300 ($42) to ship to the US via FedEx.

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I doubt it, box is smaller than the Arcadia VF-4G, and that's only showing  ¥5,300 ($42) to ship to the US via FedEx.

Is that a non AmazonJP seller?

The "scary" thing is that by the time these ship shipping could be a LOT more expensive. Not only has shipping been going up quite a bit in the past two years (30% on average). Now energy prices are going through the roof and the global economy is taking a hit. The fuel costs are the big one. Have you seen airline ticket prices lately? It's getting bonkers.

I'm not suggesting that BBTS is the best route. I'd go straight out of JP. Just that the savings could be very minimal when everything shakes out.

with BBTS I will have to pay stupid CAli tax.  and the $4 shipping so it will be around $80 differences compare to ordering it from Japan.   So  it will be cheaper to order it from japan.    If I want it to be even more cheaper then there's the option to ship by Boat and will get here around the same time BBTS ships theirs out. 

2 hours ago, sqidd said:

Is that a non AmazonJP seller?

The "scary" thing is that by the time these ship shipping could be a LOT more expensive. Not only has shipping been going up quite a bit in the past two years (30% on average). Now energy prices are going through the roof and the global economy is taking a hit. The fuel costs are the big one. Have you seen airline ticket prices lately? It's getting bonkers.

I'm not suggesting that BBTS is the best route. I'd go straight out of JP. Just that the savings could be very minimal when everything shakes out.

HLJ shipping costs.

I understand the whys of ordering from Japan but at the same time "we did clamor" for years to get Macross released into the US market; so too not support the US retailer and the franchise's new endeavor for WW releases seems counter productive. 

Edited by blackconvoy_D01

12 minutes ago, blackconvoy_D01 said:

I understand the whys of ordering from Japan but at the same time "we did clamor" for years to get Macross released into the US market; so too not support the US retailer for WW releases seems counter productive. 

Agreed. 
nevertheless, I understand that money is tight. And for some, it's only possible to acquire more Deculture by saving money. It's also important to support the franchise. One way or the other.

6 minutes ago, Bolt said:

Agreed. 
nevertheless, I understand that money is tight. And for some, it's only possible to acquire more Deculture by saving money. It's also important to support the franchise. One way or the other.

Agreed and understood!

5 hours ago, blackconvoy_D01 said:

I understand the whys of ordering from Japan but at the same time "we did clamor" for years to get Macross released into the US market; so too not support the US retailer and the franchise's new endeavor for WW releases seems counter productive. 

Looking at the current item pricing from BBTS , this is not a US distribution pricing , this is not a WWw release.  This is just a import item pricing.  This is like buying TWE items from BBTS instead of P-Bandai.    So just buy from wherever fits you best.

Edited by F360

6 hours ago, blackconvoy_D01 said:

For some of us who don't live in the US it still makes sense to buy from Japan directly. If we can.

That being said we international customers must support the hell out of any Destroids and Zentraedi/Marduk/Vajra releases, or WW releases wont really change anything collecting wise.

13 hours ago, Mommar said:

Anybody found another US website with this?  I'm wondering how BBTS are able to pull this off unless they're hoping to fly under the radar.

Maybe an exclusive since Nora's SV-51 seems to have only been available on BBTS for US sites too?

It will be nice not to have such a floppy loose torso joint. I got excited about the open gun barrels but realized all of my Yamatos have that on the arms. They mean the machine gun looking torso gun closest to the chest.

Ending up ordering one from AmiAmi because the price was hard to beat and I like supporting Arcadia. Hopefully the exchange rate is still good in a year or two when this actually releases. I didnt think BBTS would have them but its cool to see.

From Mr.K's quote doesnt seem like a PF is planned yet. Thats disappointing

Edited by Corrinald

38 minutes ago, Corrinald said:

It will be nice not to have such a floppy loose torso joint. I got excited about the open gun barrels but realized all of my Yamatos have that on the arms. They mean the machine gun looking torso gun closest to the chest.

Ending up ordering one from AmiAmi because the price was hard to beat and I like supporting Arcadia. Hopefully the exchange rate is still good in a year or two when this actually releases. I didnt think BBTS would have them but its cool to see.

From Mr.K's quote doesnt seem like a PF is planned yet. Thats disappointing

The yen will continue to weaken as long as Japan keeps its borders closed while the rest of the world moves on from the pandemic. There's a lot of speculation that Japan may reopen by the summer, but that's a discussion for another thread.

If you want to take advantage of the favorable exchange rate right now, you could always purchase from a place that requires upfront payment, like AE.

https://www.anime-export.com/index.php?product=57208

29 minutes ago, jorawar_b said:

I hope Arcadia comes out with the other destroids  

^ This. But I suspect the best we can hope for, is if the Tomahawk sells well, then Arcadia re-issues the Defender.  * looks up wishfully *

I doubt they would create new molds for the other 2 destroids.

I'm not sure what is Arcadia's game plan for the Destroids. But it would've been nice if they started first on Phalanx. Because if they do, then what happens is that collectors are now going to scramble on getting back the other Destroids they sold years ago. Hence, putting back the 'interest' for the completists. And Arcadia can just start re-release the other variants after that. ;) 

On 4/20/2022 at 7:01 PM, no3Ljm said:

I'm not sure what is Arcadia's game plan for the Destroids. But it would've been nice if they started first on Phalanx. Because if they do, then what happens is that collectors are now going to scramble on getting back the other Destroids they sold years ago. Hence, putting back the 'interest' for the completists. And Arcadia can just start re-release the other variants after that. ;) 

If not buy one extra Destroid and someone will 3D print a conversion kit  lol

21 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Arcadia give us a 1/60 Monster please!

:shok::shok::shok::shok::shok::shok::shok::shok:

That would be a shelf space wrecking 25" long!:ohmy:

If they made all of the Destroids and the Zentradi mecha so I could do a big diorama, I'd be in.:good:

I think HMR is the only chance though.

2 hours ago, sqidd said:

:shok::shok::shok::shok::shok::shok::shok::shok:

That would be a shelf space wrecking 25" long!:ohmy:

If they made all of the Destroids and the Zentradi mecha so I could do a big diorama, I'd be in.:good:

I think HMR is the only chance though.

I'd buy it! 

Biggest mecha I have is the 1/144 GP03. It's 1.4 meters long. I built it years ago when my modeling skills were non-existent (as opposed to just beginner level today). I'd like to try my hand again at it today, if I can find the time and wherewithal to do it. 

For 1/60 Monster the best we could hope for would be an extremely limited run model kit, like the 1/60 Regult. 

Well, I ordered one from AmiAmi.  It was about what I paid for the HMR Focker VF-4 that I never got from Nippon-Yasan.  I'll probably sticker this one up.  Its kind of neked as it is.  I may get a premium one if they ever offer one and turn this one into the cubicle toy. 

With some improvements coming for this, I'm kinda excited to buy another one. I already have the OD green, a regular colored version, and now I'll have a second standard color version. I hope it really does sell well, not only to spur the design of the missing versions, but also so that it'll spur the HMR line as well. While I don't collect the HMR line at all, I did get the Spartan and I do like that.

If this release gets Bandai to release the HMR Tomahawk and Phalanx then I'm all for it.  It will be crazy if KC releases a complete line of Destroids including the Monster before Bandai or Arcadia does.

34 minutes ago, Jasonc said:

With some improvements coming for this, I'm kinda excited to buy another one. I already have the OD green, a regular colored version, and now I'll have a second standard color version. I hope it really does sell well, not only to spur the design of the missing versions, but also so that it'll spur the HMR line as well. While I don't collect the HMR line at all, I did get the Spartan and I do like that.

There's at least one alternate universe out there where Arcadia released an complete line of destroids at 1/60 scale.

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

There's at least one alternate universe out there where Arcadia released an complete line of destroids at 1/60 scale.

I hope another me is in it, and enjoying them all.

On 4/22/2022 at 12:24 PM, Lolicon said:

Arcadia give us a 1/60 Monster please!

I barely had anywhere to put the hmr monster. 1/60 might be closer to half a sofa. My girlfriend would probably be mad that she’d be sitting on the floor while me and my Arcadia monster are relaxing watching a movie together. Then again she’d probably just kick me out and keep the monster