Arcadia 1/60 Destroid Tomahawk

close313

What a missed opportunity by Arcadia. Had they gone with one of the Destroids we needed for this scale it could've turned this entire line around. People would've scrambled to pick these up again. A new Destroid design could've led us to believe they were going to complete the line, which I would've been all in for, but instead we're left wondering if they're milking the mold to gauge our interest which isn't fair because we've already gotten three versions (tan, green, weathered) of this guy so if you wanted it, you have it.

I very much doubt they're making this to gauge our interest on new destroids. The existing destroids sold terribly for Yamato; it's hard to imagine Arcadia would entertain an entirely new mold. Arcadia probably just saw the after market value on these things had climbed enough to warrant putting more supply out. 

On 4/6/2022 at 12:23 PM, vladykins said:

What I hope *doesn't* happen is Arcadia gets theirs out first, nobody buys it, and Bandai says "Well, let's not bother with our HMR version."

^ Gosh, I hope this doesn't happen.

I have 1x Yamato Tomahawk but would definitely get another if the price is reasonable. Would love to get an olive or weathered version.

8 hours ago, Benson13 said:

Whether it's HMR or Arcadia, all I want is a complete damn set in a viable scale.

And at this point, I still hope for the HMR (not due to price so much as for the fact that a 1/60 Monster is hard to find space for lol).

1 hour ago, vladykins said:

And at this point, I still hope for the HMR (not due to price so much as for the fact that a 1/60 Monster is hard to find space for lol).

And most of us alreday have most of the Destroids in HMR.

JUST FINISH THE LINE BANDAI!!!:fool:

1 hour ago, RDX17 said:

Been waiting for the Hi-Metal R Tomahawk release. Guess I'll just have to pick this one up while I'm waiting. :)

Same here!

1 hour ago, rematron said:

Is Arcadia gonna reissue everything 1/60 EXCEPT the YF-21/VF-22S and VF-11…? 

😹😹😹

I feel the YF-21 reissue is only a matter of time.

4 hours ago, ValkAddict said:

^ You don't have any Yamato 1/60 VF-1s? No way ...

I have every 1/60 VF-1S Skull One. But they're all together on one shelf with the rest of the Focker Army. And it's really full.

I'll probably get one. But common Bandai. Release the HMR!!!!

4 minutes ago, General Rasp said:

I feel the YF-21 reissue is only a matter of time.

I'm skipping a YF-21 reissue. Even if they include a PF version. Mine is still in good shape after I replaced the legs that I purchased from YJA. Arcadia really need to update it first. :rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, sqidd said:

And because the toy world is so goofy we'll get the Bandai version a couple months later.:D

TBH, that's probably at least one reason they're not. Competing directly against Bandai on a YF-21 release, at current Arcadia prices, would be suicide.

14 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

TBH, that's probably at least one reason they're not. Competing directly against Bandai on a YF-21 release, at current Arcadia prices, would be suicide.

That's why they really need to upgrade it first so that they can compete it with Bandai's. I'm willing to pay Arcadia's prices as long that it's not a re-release. :rolleyes:

15 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Not so sure considering they just reissued the YF-19 in regular and PF and those are all sold out in a relatively short period after the DX Full Set release.

1 minute ago, Slave IV said:

Not so sure considering they just reissued the YF-19 in regular and PF and those are all sold out in a relatively short period after the DX Full Set release.

Release date for the Bandai YF-19 was September 2018, it's been over 3 years. Also the Bandai had a MSRP of 27,000yen (according to Anymoon, or 27,500 on hobby search).

The Arcadia isn't as expensive in comparison due to the Bandai release being a "full set" with all the extra stuff included.

2 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Keep in mind, the Yf-19 is a generation newer design than the old yamato YF-21 mold (2008ish or earlier release?).   For all its age (is it 6 or 7 years?), the arcadia (yes it was arcadia's first new mold i think  in 2014?) yf-19 is still relevant despite the dx chogokin full set release.  ITs just as good, just different slightly aesthetically and that difference has everything to do with the way arcadia likes to mold things compared to bandai.  the old yf-21 wouldn't be up to whatever bandai decides to put out.  it'd need to be redone or updated drastically.

7 minutes ago, Mechapilot77 said:

Keep in mind, the Yf-19 is a generation newer design than the old yamato YF-21 mold (2008ish or earlier release?).   For all its age (is it 6 or 7 years?), the arcadia (yes it was arcadia's first new mold i think  in 2014?) yf-19 is still relevant despite the dx chogokin full set release.  ITs just as good, just different slightly aesthetically and that difference has everything to do with the way arcadia likes to mold things compared to bandai.  the old yf-21 wouldn't be up to whatever bandai decides to put out.  it'd need to be redone or updated drastically.

Yeah, well I figure it would be a given that a "reissue" of the YF-21 by Arcadia would have at least minor updates and more likely major revamps like the YF-19 and VF-0. 

14 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Release date for the Bandai YF-19 was September 2018, it's been over 3 years. Also the Bandai had a MSRP of 27,000yen (according to Anymoon, or 27,500 on hobby search).

The Arcadia isn't as expensive in comparison due to the Bandai release being a "full set" with all the extra stuff included.

Arcadia's first YF-19 release back in 2014 was Y32800. Compared to Bandai's Full Set, Arcadia's initial price should've included stand and the Fold Booster.

5 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Yeah, well I figure it would be a given that a "reissue" of the YF-21 by Arcadia would have at least minor updates and more likely major revamps like the YF-19 and VF-0. 

15 minutes ago, Mechapilot77 said:

the old yf-21 wouldn't be up to whatever bandai decides to put out.  it'd need to be redone or updated drastically.

Agree. :good: 

Edited by no3Ljm

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Arcadia's first YF-19 release back in 2014 was Y32800. Compared to Bandai's Full Set, Arcadia's initial price should've included stand and the Fold Booster.

Bandai has lower cost to produce, and retailers will sell Bandai stuff at lower margins. That's just the reality of things.

12 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Bandai has lower cost to produce, and retailers will sell Bandai stuff at lower margins. That's just the reality of things.

Yes indeed, good point. 
If i could afford it , I would buy everything Arcadia makes. Just to keep them encouraged.

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Yes, I agree with you on this 100%. :drinks: But then, just think about it, Arcadia just need to stop putting those so-called stand adapters to a stand that nobody can buy. Even their stands are expensive. It's like they always assume that their loyal customers have a lot of those old Yamato stands including the recent Arcadia stands laying around somewhere to use. :aggressive: Yes, their cost is different from Bandai. But atleast be nice enough to include some stands from the price they're gouging from us. I don't mind even if they just throw in those old Yamato Mighty Block stands there as long that it will hold beyond the VF-1 size. :unsure:

I don't think we're asking too much, right? And I know no matter what prices they throw us, we still actually buy it. And that, they know it. So how about some free stands, Arcadia? ;) 

Edited by no3Ljm

13 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

My #1 ask for Arcadia, is actually to reduce the size of their boxes. They're so large they cost a ton to ship, and take up a lot of space for retailers.

Look at the box size for an Arcadia 1/60 VF-1 compared to a Bandai 1/48 VF-1.

See? With their current box size, they can squeeze it in their Simple Display Stand or the Variable Stand.