Arcadia 1/60 Destroid Tomahawk

close313

Whoa...they really decided to re-release the Tomahawk? Didn't think I would see that day. Wonder if we will get any weathering, special paint schemes or a premium format 

Wish they would make the missing ones instead

Edited by Corrinald

Wow, pumping out the ultimate shelf-warmer again? Bold strategy. I'd be down for a PF but already have the one I need otherwise. HMR is a much better scale for destroids as it makes getting a trio or more feasible from both a price and real estate in the display case perspective. 

I bought a Yamato one back in early 2020 as a stress purchase and I like it. I probably like the Destroids more than most? But it is a little weird as a re-release and I doubt there will be any improvements. Hopefully at least the color scheme is different or we get a PF. The problem with Destoids is you know they'll never actually finish the line-up, so it's hard to get excited. I'd love a Phalanx, but it never seems to get made. 

4 hours ago, seti88 said:

I wonder how much "different" will the product be from the test shots..

I would expect some color differences at a minimum (like the missile covers being a different color rather than the same as the main body).

18 hours ago, vladykins said:

I will consider it, but like others here I have the Yamato. What I hope *doesn't* happen is Arcadia gets theirs out first, nobody buys it, and Bandai says "Well, let's not bother with our HMR version."

I've been slowly getting the Yamato Tomahawks, to sort of make up for the almost vaporware HMR ones then. So yeah hope this release doesn't affect Bandai's decision to go ahead with theirs after them resurrecting their prototype recently..

13 hours ago, vladykins said:

I would expect some color differences at a minimum (like the missile covers being a different color rather than the same as the main body).

I see. Yeah i forgot the tomahawks had different colored missile covers.

Probably also the message are for those who would mistake the actual product to come naked without stickers ...lol...

7 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

I missed out on the old Yamato Destroids when they first released... short on funds $$$ back then, I'm in for a Tomahawk pending they're not like $300.00 or some insane price tag.

Oh, they'll be $300+. Between Arcadia pricing and inflation SKYROCKETING all of this stuff is going to go up in price for a while. It has only just begun. Get ready for a bumpy ride.:(

Not sure how the Tomahawk announcement is going to help Arcadia's delayed production of the YF-19's. I was rooting for the VF-5000G, but not sure what the future holds now. :unsure:

Edited by no3Ljm

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Not sure how the Tomahawk announcement is going to help Arcadia's delayed production of the YF-19's. I was rooting for the VF-5000G, but not sure what the future holds now. :unsure:

They're probably mostly unrelated. The YF-19 is most likely being assembled/boxed by a subcontractor. It's not like the Arcadia designers are tied up "in back" putting YF-19's together.

11 hours ago, sqidd said:

They're probably mostly unrelated. The YF-19 is most likely being assembled/boxed by a subcontractor. It's not like the Arcadia designers are tied up "in back" putting YF-19's together.

This, I already know since I'm familiar how production runs and how things going on globally. I'm only saying that if the YF-19, both versions, got announced as 'undecided' due to production reasons based on their last twitter post. What are the chances of the newly announced Tomahawk will not fall into the same situation once it enters production queue knowing now that they actually do have the old molds to use.

Basically, what I'm wondering about is why announce another re-release if you can't finish making the previous re-release? 

5 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Basically, what I'm wondering about is why announce another re-release if you can't finish making the previous re-release? 

1.) Because they need to sell product to stay in business. Despite the worldwide production problems they still need keep producing things. The other option is to close up shop.

2.) They could select a different subcontractor to assemble the Tomahawk so they don't have to wait for the YF-19 assembler to finish.

5 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

i hope the prices of Arcadia valks don't sky rocket too much due to the circumstances:unsure:

Just raw materials have gone up on price 15-30% in the last 3mo. Shipping (don't forget, they need things shipped to them, things shipped back and forth between subcontractors, etc. It's not just the shipping to us) has gone up 25-35%. Just the price of boxes has gone up 20-25%. Everything that has to do with producing a product is skyrocketing in price. I live it every day. I'm having a hard time keeping up with raising retail prices on my website to cover my new costs they're coming so fast and hard.

On shipping cost it's not just the cost of let's say shipping a container from the CCP to the US. That has gone up tenfold. It's that a lot of companies can't wait for how long shipping takes now so they have had to ship to air freight. Which increases costs a LOT MORE. To meet deadlines I've had to have my last two freight shipments out of China sent air freight. The per unit shipping cost is now more than the cost of the units themselves. 

On top of that inflation is making your money less valuable It's buying power) at rapid rate.

On top of that you have the raw material shortages that not only delay things. But because they screw up schedules and tie up more working capital this also causes cost increases.

People can hope and wish that what is happening is not happening. But it is. And it's going to get worse. And it's in all probability going to lead to an unprecedented crash. A lot of people in the know think we will see a historical change in the world economy and quality of life impact that will take 20-30yrs to recover from. Buckle up kids. Even if it's 25% as bad as it probably will be. It's going to be bad. You can't run a debt based economy/ Ponzi scheme for 90yrs and then shut the world economy down for 18-24mo without their being a major problem. Like a heavy duty drug addiction, eventually everything catches up with you.