sh9000

There were maybe half as many people this time around (10 or so?) but to be honest, I didn't try to count or take a super good look. Seemed less full though. Sound was fine. Movie started on-time, no issues with the screening at all. The bonus videos at the end were a nice touch, glad I stayed through the credits but I wish they had told us about it at some point. Maybe they did and I was too busy eating nachos?

I had fun watching it. :)

6 hours ago, kazuo said:

There were maybe half as many people this time around (10 or so?) but to be honest, I didn't try to count or take a super good look. Seemed less full though. Sound was fine. Movie started on-time, no issues with the screening at all. The bonus videos at the end were a nice touch, glad I stayed through the credits but I wish they had told us about it at some point. Maybe they did and I was too busy eating nachos?

I had fun watching it. :)

I think they did tell us at some point, but it might not have been in the theater. If it was, it was before the first movie. I remember seeing something about "a selection of music videos" mentioned somewhere.

On 7/2/2022 at 7:14 PM, Gamma00Ray said:

I went to Cinemark in Hazlet, NJ for both. It was a pretty small crowd for both, but it wasn't abysmal. Everyone was there on time for the first movie, but strangely people were coming in late for the second. I figured they were going to considering I saw that practically the same seats for both showing were sold. Maybe they were getting caught up in early shore traffic. I know I did, but I also made sure to leave home early enough.

Cinemark's showing was fine. All of the previews and bonus stuff were shown. There were two brief sound dropouts during the second movie, but it was nothing major. The video was fine on both showings. Maybe not the highest quality video ever, but plenty fine. It was enough to make me happy, and the movies made me happy. I absolutely love Sheryl, so getting to see her on the big screen was awesome.

I mostly ignored reading the song lyrics subtitles, but I've got to echo the comment about Sheryl's lyrics being thirsty. My dad joked to me that I was going to see a dirty movie, and then Sheryl's first song in the second movie starts with "Mix your DNA inside of me!" :D I just about died :D

Nobody else in the theater seemed to be a fan of Macross in particular, though there was at least one fan of anime or at least Japanese culture in general because I saw one guy wearing a Band Maid shirt. That was cool. I think the people in my row weren't fans and found some of the animeness of the movie amusing (they thought Gothic Lolita Alto was hilarious), but they weren't annoying about it. I hope the two movies served to open up the world to anime to some new people.

What a small world, that was actually the very same theater that I saw the two films at! The guy with the Band Maid shirt was actually one of the two friends that I went to see it with. All three of us are both anime and Macross fans (my avatar is a pretty dead giveaway for me). We even had the same seats for both shows. There was also a guy next to me that wasn't part of my group, though funny enough, I knew from work that wasn't a Macross fan. He only went to see it because he likes seeing anime films in theaters. For some reason, he didn't go to the first film, and wound up not liking the second one, said it "bored him to tears". His two biggest complaints was that there was too much talking and he thought that the using music to fight was cheesy. I guess it's a good thing that he never saw Macross 7!

1 hour ago, Beltane70 said:

What a small world, that was actually the very same theater that I saw the two films at! The guy with the Band Maid shirt was actually one of the two friends that I went to see it with. All three of us are both anime and Macross fans (my avatar is a pretty dead giveaway for me). We even had the same seats for both shows. There was also a guy next to me that wasn't part of my group, though funny enough, I knew from work that wasn't a Macross fan. He only went to see it because he likes seeing anime films in theaters. For some reason, he didn't go to the first film, and wound up not liking the second one, said it "bored him to tears". His two biggest complaints was that there was too much talking and he thought that the using music to fight was cheesy. I guess it's a good thing that he never saw Macross 7!

Small world indeed! That's so cool! I was the one guy sitting in the back towards the right for both showings. I told a couple friends of mine, but they didn't want to/couldn't go. Their loss! It was an awesome two movies!

I just got tickets for both movies at the same time and got the same seat. It seems like a lot of people did. Except for Mr. Bored :D

I liked Cinemark a whole lot. It was my first couple times there. It reminded me a lot of the old Amboy Cinemas that I used to go to when I was a kid. It felt like a good old movie theater. I'll have to go there some more even though it's not my local theater. Maybe for future Fathom anime showings.