Chunky monkey love?

kanata67

Just curious who the current 1/55 customizers, rebuilders, and parts hoarders are? It's been a while since I've been on. A long while...

Like before 3d printing was around while@-@

There has to be a ton of cool customs and printed parts I've never seen or knew existed.

I know @Anasazi37 was doing a few 1/55 customs awhile back:

Didn’t realize it’s been a year plus since the last post, until I just looked it up.

Just not as many customs being made nowadays in any scale (compared to the old days).  

I suspect it’s due to the limited ability to get decals/stickers printed with white ink.

. . . Though, a handful of us got tired of waiting on Bandai and Arcadia (Yamato’s successor), and started to mod/customize the 1/3000 TV SDF-1 over the pandemic or recently.

2 hours ago, Mog said:

Didn’t realize it’s been a year plus since the last post, until I just looked it up.

Just not as many customs being made nowadays in any scale (compared to the old days).  

I suspect it’s due to the limited ability to get decals/stickers printed with white ink.

. . . Though, a handful of us got tired of waiting on Bandai and Arcadia (Yamato’s successor), and started to mod/customize the 1/3000 TV SDF-1 over the pandemic or recently.

*works on miniturized 1/3000 fold system....*

3 hours ago, Mog said:

Yeah, I am waaaaay behind on customs. Got massively sidetracked by my 3D scanner project, which I started in order to make parts for my 1/55 customs. That scanner has been my nemesis for over a year. I'm down to what is likely my last attempt to make it work the way that I want. If that fails, I'm going back to making customs, so either way I'll be updating that thread in the next few months.

On 3/28/2022 at 7:22 AM, Anasazi37 said:

Yeah, I am waaaaay behind on customs. Got massively sidetracked by my 3D scanner project, which I started in order to make parts for my 1/55 customs. That scanner has been my nemesis for over a year. I'm down to what is likely my last attempt to make it work the way that I want. If that fails, I'm going back to making customs, so either way I'll be updating that thread in the next few months.

I stumbled across some of your old stickers in an envelope the other day. Do you still have that poor abused alps printer that could print white? That thing was a life saver for many of us 20 years ago lol.

23 hours ago, kanata67 said:

I stumbled across some of your old stickers in an envelope the other day. Do you still have that poor abused alps printer that could print white? That thing was a life saver for many of us 20 years ago lol.

I'm probably several poor abused ALPS printers past the one used to create those stickers, but yes. Down to my last one, though, and I'm way behind on the small number of projects that I've taken on for some MW members (who have been VERY patient with me)