All members should CHANGE their passwords

Shawn

This is the 2nd time we've had someone use an old/reused password on the boards to post in the sales section maliciously.

I suggest everyone change their passwords immedietely...I might try to see if I can do a forum wide force for everyone.

Again PLEASE don't REUSE passwords from other sites...once one site is compromised, if you use that password somewhere else, they've can get in here (or someplace much more important than a robot forum!!)
Shawn

I am forcing all members to change their passwords...2 re-uses in 1 week is just too much

Sorry for the  troubles...hopefully this clears out old potential account targets

Let me know if you have problems...asssuming you can reset and log back in 😛

Oh man...this blows
Shawn

Yeah, had to open from the password reset email.

I will admit, I think the requirements are too specific, and I really hate the whole "must use numbers and special characters" bit when I prefer just using really long passwords that I can easily remember, but I have no idea if you can even enable that for the boards.

Done, again.

7 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Yeah, had to open from the password reset email.

I will admit, I think the requirements are too specific, and I really hate the whole "must use numbers and special characters" bit when I prefer just using really long passwords that I can easily remember, but I have no idea if you can even enable that for the boards.

I have a really really long pw, so you can do it.

51 minutes ago, pengbuzz said:

Done, again.

I have a really really long pw, so you can do it.

It's not about not accepting a long one, it's that it will not recognize a long password as sufficient without numbers and symbols included.

Edited by Chronocidal

• azrael pinned this topic
  • Shawn locked this topic
  • Shawn unpinned this topic