• sh9000 changed the title to Star Trek Movies I-X
On 7/7/2022 at 10:45 PM, sh9000 said:

I'd love to have the ship cutaway and the concept art out of that set!

2 hours ago, sh9000 said:

If this is gonna be in theaters, I'm down to see it! 👍

Edited by pengbuzz

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just caught the final showing of ST2 WOK at my local theater.   A whopping 8-10 people tops in the showing,  and more then I expected from going to see the first movie.

This was the peak of the ST movies... they never were able to catch back up and it still holds up 40 years later.

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

It didn't need much touching up but did they tweak anything like they did for TMP?

I'm probably the wrong person to ask,  but I did take note that there were extensions is some scenes..  most likely directors cut.       I did not notice any CG revamping like they did in the first one.

10 hours ago, Mommar said:

It didn't need much touching up but did they tweak anything like they did for TMP?

I didn't notice any changes as far as the special effects go. There might have been a few extra seconds added to a scene here and there, I'm not an expert on the film, but nothing that stood out to me like "Oh wow!, I don't remember that scene!" Still one hell of a ride. My wife had never seen it, so we watched Space Seed a couple of nights before we went to the theater for WOK. She said she was glad we did that. 

I got my 4K BluRay of TMP Directors Cut in the mail and OHH MAN, there are some soft focus scenes but they were there in the theater as well, overall the video transfer is very good, but the AUDIO is outstanding!  WAY better than the theater we saw it in.  The opening Klingon/Cloud scene alone had me sold!  I don't have Dolby Atmos, but I do have a very good 6.1 system and in Dolby TrueHD 6.1, the surrounds are all VERY well used as well the LFE channel.  Highly recommended! Makes me kinda wish I'd just bought the 1-6 Box Set! 

Edited by derex3592

• 5 months later...