Live Action Voltron Movie

sh9000

4 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

Nope... I have little faith in Hollywood to get this right. 

I concur..

Netflix took something that in all fairness started good, and turned it into Woketron!  Legendary Lameness..

I have very little faith in anything put out anymore...  even less if Netflix gets it.

32 minutes ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

I concur..

Netflix took something that in all fairness started good, and turned it into Woketron!  Legendary Lameness..

I have very little faith in anything put out anymore...  even less if Netflix gets it.

Yep, Cowboy Bebop was a no brainer, they literally just had to watch the anime for the episode plots, characters & ideas... then it turned into that. 

Voltron might not be at the top of the list of things which will not translate well to live action... but it's pretty damned close.

Beast King GoLion was inherently high-camp as a super robot show, and Voltron only made it campier.  I wonder which live-action anime adaptation route they'll go with?  Will they attempt to do a faithful adaptation of part of the series while paying extensive homage to its anime roots that turns it into a nigh-unwatchable mess (ala Cowboy Bebop), "grim up" the story to make what was a childrens show more palatable for a nostalgia-driven adult audience and suck all the soul and fun out of it in the process (ala Speed Racer), or make an in-name-only adaptation that has no connection to the title besides the proper nouns in an attempt to put their own "stamp" on it (ala Dragonball Evolution).

5 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Voltron might not be at the top of the list of things which will not translate well to live action... but it's pretty damned close.

Beast King GoLion was inherently high-camp as a super robot show, and Voltron only made it campier.  I wonder which live-action anime adaptation route they'll go with?  Will they attempt to do a faithful adaptation of part of the series while paying extensive homage to its anime roots that turns it into a nigh-unwatchable mess (ala Cowboy Bebop), "grim up" the story to make what was a childrens show more palatable for a nostalgia-driven adult audience and suck all the soul and fun out of it in the process (ala Speed Racer), or make an in-name-only adaptation that has no connection to the title besides the proper nouns in an attempt to put their own "stamp" on it (ala Dragonball Evolution).

How about they forget about it and do a Power Rangers sequel, leaving Voltron/ GoLion alone?

2 hours ago, pengbuzz said:

How about they forget about it and do a Power Rangers sequel, leaving Voltron/ GoLion alone?

If it weren't such an old, and comparatively obscure, property they could probably have made some decent money giving it a full-ham tokusatsu treatment as a kids movie.

Unfortunately, Hollywood's short memory means every few years a new idiot crawls out of the woodwork convinced they'll be the first to turn a profit on a live-action adaptation of a classic anime property instead of losing tens of millions of dollars like everyone else who's tried.

9 hours ago, Thom said:

How about a Power Rangers/TMNT crossover movie, so than can both be ignored in one go!😁

LOL yeah!

9 hours ago, Thom said:

I don't remember too much of the series, but I do recall being awed when the Castle of Lions turned out to be a spaceship and took off. Also really wanted the Lion toys when I was little.

I had them, bud sadly, my brother broke them. it took me years to finally get them back, then they came out with the SoC GoLion/ Voltron.

So...built my own:

1249896317_VoltronOriginalandCustomComparisonFinal.jpg.3f44b911518d1ca1d4eb0f2d9958f414.jpg

12 minutes ago, pengbuzz said:

LOL yeah!

I had them, bud sadly, my brother broke them. it took me years to finally get them back, then they came out with the SoC GoLion/ Voltron.

So...built my own:

1249896317_VoltronOriginalandCustomComparisonFinal.jpg.3f44b911518d1ca1d4eb0f2d9958f414.jpg

I have (most of) the Black Lion, that was my nephew's, in a box in the attic.

1 hour ago, renegadeleader1 said:

That technically already happened...

I think part of my brain just died. Yep, there it went, popped with a fizzle.

I will not be thanking you for this!:nea:

Though, I never knew there was a girl turtle.

Needs to use more weapons before the “Eff it.  Just break out Blazing Sword and end this” moment.

And more than 50% of the scene should be reused stock footage.

😁