Van Helsing

areaseven

Only one day left before the national premiere of ReelMarks on the Cable Radio Network. I can't wait to talk about upcoming movies, including this one coming on May 7:

Van Helsing

Written and directed by Stephen Sommers (The Mummy), Van Helsing is Hugh Jackman's next big film after X-Men, X2: X-Men United and Swordfish. But the question is this: will it be any good?

Wolverine (haha) + Frakenstein + Dracula + Werewolf + (and here's my favorite part) Kate Beckinsale = Interesting premise.

The trailer looks good. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

post-26-1075371484.jpg

Edited by UN Spacy

Its looks horrible, LOL. Part Dracula, part Vampire Hunter D, part Blade... you already know what is going to happen. It'll get horrible reviews, but it will make 100 million anyways. Teenage boys will love it, everyone else won't bother.

Seems intriguing to me. May take my brother to go see it.

Isn't Van Hellsing the founder or father of the founder of the Hellsing institute in the Hellsing anime?

In the con, they stated it had nothing to do with the anime.

I'm looking forward to seeing swimsuit model Josie Maran as a vampire..

The brunette vampire comes out in a Spanish flick called Sex and Lucia. Very nice also.

:rolleyes: Lame.

It's always nice to see unintelligent comments abound. Interesting comment from an Arnold fan...

As for the movie, the premise looks interesting, but the directing/producing team makes me a tad nervous. I'm a sucker for Vampire movies (with unfortunate results i.e. Underworld) so I'll end up sucked into that theater like gas into a black hole.

sigh....I'm kinda sick of seeing the trailer for this movie. I must've seen it like 50 times already. Even as I post this message, I'm making another copy for Universal right now to distribute. Ugh!!! But I'm still going to go watch it when it comes out. Funny thing that happen to me last friday. I went to the northridge mall and some guy asked my friend and I if we wanted to get paid to do a survey. The guy told us he'll pay us 8 bucks to do a shampoo survey and a movie survey. So we both decided to do it just to kill time. So I finish up the shampoo survey which took like 30 minutes to do, ugh, and the guy pops in the video tape for the movie survey. And what trailer comes on you ask? Van Helsing!! So I was like man, you have got to be kidding me!!! So I told the guy to just skip the trailer and let me do the survey already because I've seen the trailer so many times already at work. After that was said and done, he took out the tape and I saw the labels. I was like man, I had a feeling it was one of the tapes that I made for distribution!! :p:D:lol:

I'm pretty stoked for this movie. Yeah I'm a sucker for a good adventure movie, and I've liked Sommers' other movies, they all have a old Saturday afternoon matinee feel to them, so you know you're just in for a fun time at the cinema, no thinking required :)

:rolleyes:  Lame.

It's always nice to see unintelligent comments abound. Interesting comment from an Arnold fan...

As for the movie, the premise looks interesting, but the directing/producing team makes me a tad nervous. I'm a sucker for Vampire movies (with unfortunate results i.e. Underworld) so I'll end up sucked into that theater like gas into a black hole.

So you don't have a high level of confidence this movie is going to be anything but another Underworld...

Me neither hence my "uninteligent comment." :lol: You should love me for my comments... Love the fact that you get to enjoy my company... Love the fact that you can look at my avatar. MW allows you to bathe in the power and glory of Agent ONE... Don't fight it.

Next time you try to pick a fight don't praise the opinion of the other person in the process. :rolleyes:

If you behave yourself I might let you feel my muscles at the next MW Con.

Aside from Josie Maran, and the girl from Sex and Lucia (I knew I'd seen her somewhere, thanks EXO)... mainly this movie looks like big, dumb fun.

And I like big, dumb fun. Like the Mummy, etc. When I want a good movie I'll go pull out a dvd from the home library.

I look at this and see a movie where they do the 1 man takes on all the evil bad dudes in the world. I think it'll make good money cuz it of all the action. I might go and see it.

Hellsing is the family name of the doctor from Bram Stoker's Dracula. Later, used as the name of the hero for later series, like Hellsing the anime.

Hellsing is the family name of the doctor from Bram Stoker's Dracula.  Later, used as the name of the hero for later series, like Hellsing the anime.

Was that the guy played by Hannibal (I can't remember his real name right now)?

Anthony Hopkins

So you don't have a high level of confidence this movie is going to be anything but another Underworld...

Me neither hence my "uninteligent comment." :lol: You should love me for my comments... Love the fact that you get to enjoy my company... Love the fact that you can look at my avatar. MW allows you to bathe in the power and glory of Agent ONE... Don't fight it.

Next time you try to pick a fight don't praise the opinion of the other person in the process. :rolleyes:

I think I figured out your favorite number there partner, 37. Having a stick animation jerking off, wow, that's a mark of high intelligence.

But anyway, of course it looks high tech. It's going along with this retro-tech trend which has affected a lot of movies supposed to have taken place in the 19th Century, most notably "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen".

-NOS

Off to read Dante

Me neither hence my "uninteligent comment."  :lol:  You should love me for my comments... Love the fact that you get to enjoy my company... Love the fact that you can look at my avatar.  MW allows you to bathe in the power and glory of Agent ONE... Don't fight it.

Next time you try to pick a fight don't praise the opinion of the other person in the process.  :rolleyes:

I think I figured out your favorite number there partner, 37. Having a stick animation jerking off, wow, that's a mark of high intelligence.

But anyway, of course it looks high tech. It's going along with this retro-tech trend which has affected a lot of movies supposed to have taken place in the 19th Century, most notably "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen".

-NOS

Off to read Dante

:lol:

What a loser. "Off to read Dante," who says that!? I give you the null set pal. You are a ZERO.

girly_men.jpg

Hellsing is the family name of the doctor from Bram Stoker's Dracula.  Later, used as the name of the hero for later series, like Hellsing the anime.

Was that the guy played by Hannibal (I can't remember his real name right now)?

Anthony Hopkins

lambs.jpg

I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti. Pst pst pst pst pst!

The German media is having a feeding frenzy over the real life Hannibal Lector's trial.

Maybe they should paint his hair white, call him Dante and change the name of the movie to Devil May Cry. :lol:

As for Van Hellsing.... its the name of the first vampire hunter in several of the many different Vampire mythologies. If I'm not mistaken, the Belmont clan from Castlevania was loosely based on the myth of Van Hellsing. :)

Maybe they should paint his hair white, call him Dante and change the name of the movie to Devil May Cry. :lol:

As for Van Hellsing.... its the name of the first vampire hunter in several of the many different Vampire mythologies. If I'm not mistaken, the Belmont clan from Castlevania was loosely based on the myth of Van Hellsing. :)

The character is originally from the novel Dracula.

The character is originally from the novel Dracula.

Right. And he shows up in several variations of the original Vampire legend. :)

Right. And he shows up in several variations of the original Vampire legend. :)

You mean in folklore? Nah, I'm 99.9% positive Dr. Helsing is an invention of Brom Stoker. There is no singular vampire legend and they bear very little resemblence to the vampires in modern stories. If you want to see what most folklore vampires are like, watch "Night of the Living Dead."

Dude, I don't know what y'all are talking about, man..

B000002KK5.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Van Helsing freakin' rulez, man!  :p

well, Van Helsing rocks, but its Van Helsing, NOT Van Hagar!!

That's Van Halen II, Isamu, those were the Roth days, and that was Van Halen, not Van Hagar.

Dude, I don't know what y'all are talking about, man..

B000002KK5.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Van Helsing freakin' rulez, man!  :p

well, Van Helsing rocks, but its Van Helsing, NOT Van Hagar!!

That's Van Halen II, Isamu, those were the Roth days, and that was Van Halen, not Van Hagar.

i know duke, i was just making a joke!!

they should have stayed with Diamond Dave!!!