New Mecha Video Game Super Mecha Champions Featuring a New Design by Kawamori

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1368910/Super_Mecha_Champions/

While I think a lot of us were wondering if Kawamori would do a new entry in the Macross series, it appears he's working on a completely new show, complete, of course, with a variable mech that's more along the lines of Aquarion or Escaflowne than Macross.  Hopefully it proves more enjoyable than Juushinki Pandora (Last Hope), which, IMHO, was mired in too much metaphysical mumbo-jumbo and made further cringeworthy when the pilots of the various mecha have to achieve a sort of one-ness with the quantum engine powering their mecha to assume full humanoid form. Normally they just go from vehicle to a sort of GERWALK mode via what I assume is the flip of a switch. The whole quantum angle had me rolling my eyes, especially when they achieved the three-way transformation with a single lever in the valks.

Anyway, the new mech looks cool- different, but cool, and I'm assuming there'll be a reason for that ring that's formed in flight mode.

3 hours ago, M'Kyuun said:
Anyway, the new mech looks cool- different, but cool, and I'm assuming there'll be a reason for that ring that's formed in flight mode.

Speaking of "cool" ... looks like it might get its propulsion using the mystical alien "Dyson Bladeless Fan Unit" technology 😁

pulse_star_riko_dyson.gif

2 hours ago, TommyWMan said:

This isn't an anime production. From the looks of it, it's a mecha designed by Kawamori for a mobile game.

If it is, my apologies for the misunderstanding. I neither speak Japanese nor read kanji and assumed it was for an anime.

4 hours ago, Bobby said:

Speaking of "cool" ... looks like it might get its propulsion using the mystical alien "Dyson Bladeless Fan Unit" technology 😁

pulse_star_riko_dyson.gif

It's a pretty interesting design concept that would be tough to translate into a three-dimensional model or toy. The dissimilarity with any of his other works is intriguing- glad to see his creativity and imagination are still going strong.

4 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

And....I stand corrected. I changed the subject line to reflect. Thanks for setting me straight, guys!

Edited by M'Kyuun

• M'Kyuun changed the title to New Mecha Video Game Pulse Star Riko by Kawamori
1 minute ago, M'Kyuun said:

And....I stand corrected. Mods, feel free to change the subject line to reflect game instead of anime. Thanks!

No worries, @M'Kyuun. ;) You can actually change the subject title by editing your first post. :good: 

• M'Kyuun changed the title to New Mecha Video Game Super Mecha Champions Featuring a New Design by Kawamori
1 minute ago, no3Ljm said:

No worries, @M'Kyuun. ;) You can actually change the subject title by editing your first post. :good: 

Thanks. Yeah, I figured it out right after I posted. I think I have it accurate now. Let me know if I don't.

• 2 weeks later...

So I got this mecha and been using it in my matches over the weekend. 

This thing is a quick af. I haven't gotten much use out of the tank mode, but the maneuverability of this thing, especially in an urban environment is massive. Only thing I've seen with this amount of freedom of movement is the Hurricane and that is a transforming flyer.

Only compliant is the low ammo count on the main weapon, I spend just as much time reloading as firing. 

Steam link added. https://store.steampowered.com/app/1368910/Super_Mecha_Champions/

FYI, This a Free-to-Play with in-game purchases.

System Requirements

• Minimum:
    • Processor: Intel Core i3 4130 @ 3.40GHz
    • Memory: 6 GB RAM
    • Graphics: Intel HD 530
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Storage: 4 GB available space
  • Recommended:
    • Processor: Intel Core i7-4770T
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: mx150 2G
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Storage: 6 GB available space

On 3/14/2022 at 2:21 PM, Focslain said:

So I got this mecha and been using it in my matches over the weekend. 

This thing is a quick af. I haven't gotten much use out of the tank mode, but the maneuverability of this thing, especially in an urban environment is massive. Only thing I've seen with this amount of freedom of movement is the Hurricane and that is a transforming flyer.

Only compliant is the low ammo count on the main weapon, I spend just as much time reloading as firing. 

I wonder if that is a deliberate trade-off in exchange for the insane maneuverability?

1 hour ago, pengbuzz said:

I wonder if that is a deliberate trade-off in exchange for the insane maneuverability?

Maybe, that would explain the reload of each shot in tank mode. There is another mech that has a alternate artillery mode, but it's stationary. This thing can move, slower, but still move.

3 hours ago, Focslain said:

Maybe, that would explain the reload of each shot in tank mode. There is another mech that has a alternate artillery mode, but it's stationary. This thing can move, slower, but still move.

Right; otherwise, no one would use any of the other mechs!