Hobby Japan Vintage #7 coming end of March...more Macross kits!

Shawn

Another Macross featured HJV coming end of this month-get your orders in.

https://honto.jp/netstore/pd-book_31522857.html

https://www.hlj.com/hobby-japan-vintage-vol-7-hbj62787

This is a Japanese-language book or magazine about science-fiction subjects related to anime and/or modeling.

This issue of "Hobby Japan Vintage" introduces and thoroughly explains the plastic models produced for "Super Dimension Fortress Macross," "Super Dimension Century Orguss," and "Super Dimension Cavalry Southern cross." The transition of the planning and design styles is explored with comparisons and interviews about products from Arii, Imai, Nichimo and LS, all of which were manufacturing plastic models from these series starting in 1980. Comparisons between the anime and how each company's model kits interpreted the animation image will also be discussed. 

If it helps...if you have a Buyee proxy account, you can order vol 3-7 here...you simply add to cart, then at the cart page it switches you to the buyee account order page.

https://honto.jp/netstore/search_10ホビージャパン ヴィンテージ .html?srchf=1&tbty=1

They are pretty cool magazines...definitely focus on the 'vintage' (god we are OLD) stuff. I just point my phone at the cool stuff and use google image translate.
Vol #4 had some cool Macross stuff-including some never seen before mockup/rough drawings of what was given to Takani to do the box art.
Hoping the upcoming volume continues to show more of these unseen items.

image.png.b695dbdaacf33f5c0d9223888622afb4.png

• 2 months later...
12 hours ago, yellowlightman said:

Anyone else pre-order this from HLJ but not have their order process yet?

No, but I've been waiting for them to process the POs so I could order it (I missed the PO window) and it's still listed as "Order Stop" more than a week after release. Very unusual for them, I think. I finally gave up and ordered it from Amazon Japan.

Got mine yesterday from Amazon Japan

Its a good magazine-but I think they might have held some stuff back for a future issue, there is no Nichimo (the original description a few months ago mentioned it)

About 15 pages covers the differences between an Arii 1/100, does a real nice 2 page on the 1/100 variable, then the Zentradi fleet and some Atalia Island stuff(the big kit)
Then another 20 or so pages on Orguss stuff, which seems a bit complete than the Macross stuff
Then about 10p of Southern Cross, then a couple 1/100 arii builds(real nice)
And a couple interviews with Arii and Imai employees...google translate on the phone works well enough on these.

Its a good issue for $25...suspect their will be a Nichimo continuation next round! Looking forward to that next :)

6 hours ago, Shawn said:

Got mine yesterday from Amazon Japan

Its a good magazine-but I think they might have held some stuff back for a future issue, there is no Nichimo (the original description a few months ago mentioned it)

About 15 pages covers the differences between an Arii 1/100, does a real nice 2 page on the 1/100 variable, then the Zentradi fleet and some Atalia Island stuff(the big kit)
Then another 20 or so pages on Orguss stuff, which seems a bit complete than the Macross stuff
Then about 10p of Southern Cross, then a couple 1/100 arii builds(real nice)
And a couple interviews with Arii and Imai employees...google translate on the phone works well enough on these.

Its a good issue for $25...suspect their will be a Nichimo continuation next round! Looking forward to that next :)

Sounds like a great issue.

On 6/7/2022 at 10:01 PM, Anasazi37 said:

No, but I've been waiting for them to process the POs so I could order it (I missed the PO window) and it's still listed as "Order Stop" more than a week after release. Very unusual for them, I think. I finally gave up and ordered it from Amazon Japan.

Yeah, it's odd. I contacted customer service and they said they haven't even received it yet, should get it next week. Probably smart to order off Amazon.jp.