Dark Schneider is back!! (Bastard Netflix anime)

Scyla

4 hours ago, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

Urusei Yatsura now Bastard. What year is it again?

Not that I'm complaining. Any chance to see Polno Dianno in animated form would be a win 🙃.

Ah yes, Polno…

I don’t think they will get that far. If I remember correctly the story turned into a real mess once the angles and devils got introduced.

44 minutes ago, Scyla said:

Ah yes, Polno…

I don’t think they will get that far. If I remember correctly the story turned into a real mess once the angles and devils got introduced.

Yeah, it probably won't get that far. 

It won't be too hard to go farther than the original OVA series though.  Didn't it have just 6 episodes?

There was also a talkshow about the new anime with some of the voice actors and the director. I was only able to skip through it due to time constraints but they have some additional character art in there.

Enjoy:

[edit:] So Toyama Nao (Reina from Macross Delta) is the voice actress for Princess Sheila.

Edited by Scyla

On 2/18/2022 at 3:36 AM, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

Urusei Yatsura now Bastard. What year is it again?

Not that I'm complaining. Any chance to see Polno Dianno in animated form would be a win 🙃.

Bastard last chapters were so dirty that i felt ashamed of myself while i was reading them. And i was thirty years old. Maybe this new adaptation will give some motivation to Hagiwara to write some new chapters and eventually end the saga.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think I’ll wait for some reviews. I thought about watching it, but the little preview clip that comes up when you highlight it on Netflix was full of cringe. The clip seems to be very minimal animation and the English voices are terrible. 

3 hours ago, Big s said:

I think I’ll wait for some reviews. I thought about watching it, but the little preview clip that comes up when you highlight it on Netflix was full of cringe. The clip seems to be very minimal animation and the English voices are terrible. 

Saw the first episode. It is a faithful recreation of the manga (from what I remember). However I think the results of the spells in the manga were much more violent.

I’ve read the first volume of the manga in 2000 so I might misremembering things.

Edited by Scyla

• 2 weeks later...

I mentioned it in the anime section but so far after two episodes, I don’t think I care enough to finish. The animation is pretty bad and the story feels pretty weak. It’s really a lot of been there done that and not much to offer. If the animation was handled better I might at least watch it for the look, but it’s just nothing to get excited about. Maybe it gets better further into the show.