1/72 Super Lancer II

Mintox

• 3 weeks later...

So Ive begun the Lancer build. Im still cleaning up the two main body halves but thought it interesting to compare sizes. Here it is next to a VT-1 Ostrich cockpit module. It really is a small vehicle without those big guns on the front. 

5_Lancer.jpg

• 1 month later...

Ok Ive started back on the Super Lancer. Two shots here, one showing the relative long and skinny profile of the Lancer compared to the Ostrich, and a nasty mold defect on the nose which will need patching up. Part fit isnt bad. There is a lot of cleanup required though. The resin is that soapy, plasticee resin which is a bitch to glue even with good quality super glue. 

6_Lancer.jpg

7_Lancer.jpg

Seeing it with the super packs, and then next to the VT-1 helps to make it clear that Strike Pack is basically the evolution of the craft.  It might be cool to see a stripped-down Lancer being used as a proto-strike pack.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Long time no post. Apologies. I have been working on the Super Lancer. Most of the major parts are completed. Issues with the main body have been sorted and it is looking good. Im now waiting for my new resin printer to arrive so I can print some additional parts and print some parts Ive redesigned for it - the sensor mast needs to be taller to clear the booster pods and the canopy that comes with the kit is such a poor fit I've designed my own along with replacing the gun barrels which were too warped for my OCD to use. I designed my own fittings/mounts for the additional super pack needs to be printed out. Ive also included a pict of the replacement barrels. 

IMG_4993.JPG

Lancer Replacement Gun Barrel.jpg

4 hours ago, Goodman Models said:

Man! This Is awesome! I'm contemplating scratch building one as haven't seen any kits around. Your upgraded parts are chef's kiss good!

Im tempted to make my own kit but in 1/48. Im pretty good with Rhino so designing it as a 3D model wont be hard. 

10 minutes ago, Mintox said:

Im tempted to make my own kit but in 1/48. Im pretty good with Rhino so designing it as a 3D model wont be hard. 

In fact I have a hand scanner so the hard work will be drawing up the super pack parts but then again I can scan those too and bring them all into Rhino. Which is kind of what I did when I designed the new mast and scanner. 

On 12/26/2022 at 12:28 AM, Goodman Models said:

Very cool. You should be well on your way with having done the 72nd version. Which fast packs are you using here?

These are the Bandai ones. Very nice and better in than the Hasegawa ones. 

While Im (still) waiting for resin to arrive, here is a shot of the replacement sensor wing for the Lancer. Way better than the lump in the kit and much closer to the line art. 

Replacement Sensor Wing.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...