13 hours ago, Big s said:

I had a feeling that someone would start that boycott talk. They do have that voice actor in disenchantment, so I can’t see the major problem getting him for this project 

More negotiating leverage.  The actor knows the fans want him back, the network knows the fans want him back.  Each side is trying to see how far the other will go.  Normally these things work out but it is a tricky balance.

2 hours ago, jenius said:

This was a show I always found amusing rather than funny. I think lots of people could do Bender justice... guess I'm not a big enough fan for me to see this being a hang up. 

For most DeMaggio is Bender. So it would be hard to have the Bender of the original series in the Revival and not be voiced by him. 

There is some interesting things they can do with a recast, but that is not what the studio is banking on. It's all about nostalgia and staying in the past. 

1 hour ago, Focslain said:

For most DeMaggio is Bender. So it would be hard to have the Bender of the original series in the Revival and not be voiced by him. 

There is some interesting things they can do with a recast, but that is not what the studio is banking on. It's all about nostalgia and staying in the past. 

I totally agree. It just wouldn’t be the same. And he has that iconic voice that you know who it is even though it’s just a voice. From things like Adventure Time to Disenchantment and even newer shows like Inside Job, you hear his voice and know it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • azrael changed the title to Futurama Revival (on Hulu)
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...