VF-31AX Kairos Plus - Bogue Con-Vaart Use

sqidd

13 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

image.jpeg.bdf65717d6d0ad55cb23260c17a02548.jpeg

I wonder why there's no heavy promotion for Mirage's unit? :unknw:

Perhaps there’s less enthusiastic response to Boque than expected so far.. and they push out more pics in the final days of PO..

But it’s great these new pics are of physical toy, rather than the 3D renders used previously. The wings appear to tag properly against the legs in Fighter, though not sure if Bandai photoshopped it as they sometimes do in the past..

9 hours ago, MKT said:

Perhaps there’s less enthusiastic response to Boque than expected so far.. and they push out more pics in the final days of PO..

But it’s great these new pics are of physical toy, rather than the 3D renders used previously. The wings appear to tag properly against the legs in Fighter, though not sure if Bandai photoshopped it as they sometimes do in the past..

I want to be optimistic somehow regarding Mirage's release. But checking Bogue's photos once again, I doubt that the origami arm design under the wing was fixed. I encircled the folding tab under the wing. Still not tabbed properly. :unsure:

864432406_ScreenShot2022-04-23at8_36_08PM.png.8566c61e601be838e9963c46052e8d1d.png

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I want to be optimistic somehow regarding Mirage's release. But checking Bogue's photos once again, I doubt that the origami arm design under the wing was fixed. I encircled the folding tab under the wing. Still not tabbed properly. :unsure:

864432406_ScreenShot2022-04-23at8_36_08PM.png.8566c61e601be838e9963c46052e8d1d.png

You could be right about that.  But it just might be recolored Hayate body with an updated prototype head.

I also noticed the wings are not tabbed in at all.

13 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Good catch on that @no3Ljm. So sad that these tolerance issues continues to plaque the 31AX..

On the plus side, this issue actually made me go through most of the Macross valks, stare at their undersides, and have renewed appreciation how Kawamori have designed them to have little or no kibble on the underside compared to other transforming toy IPs. It is just so much more difficult to do that for aircrafts, as their underbellies are an important aesthetic factor as compared to say, ground vehicles whose underside are usually not seen.  

16 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Remember kids, Bandai doesn't fix problems. They double down on them. It's a feature, not a bug:good:

Working for a SaaS company these days and I had to quote this because there are times I swear this is what a some of our Devs want to say. 😅

To their credit they don't, but I truly believe that they want to.

Also, I skipped this 31AX and if I could go back in time and skip Hayate's I would skip that one too.

-b.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, MacrossJunkie said:

I wish we could have gotten his 262Ba over this. Between the continuing QC issues and the hideous paint scheme of this AX, I assume this wasn't greatly desired in general.

Do you mean his red & gold 262Hs? Yeahh agreed, more 262 will balance out the avalanche of 31s so far..

Although, I prefer the normal 262Ba the rest of Windemerean Knights used, with the more normal looking wings..

47 minutes ago, MKT said:

Do you mean his red & gold 262Hs? Yeahh agreed, more 262 will balance out the avalanche of 31s so far..

Although, I prefer the normal 262Ba the rest of Windemerean Knights used, with the more normal looking wings..

Did he have an Hs? I suppose somewhere in the movies after Keith?

I was thinking of the Ba he had in the series. And we already have an Hs made, but there's no Ba variant yet in the DX line.

1 hour ago, MacrossJunkie said:

Did he have an Hs? I suppose somewhere in the movies after Keith?

I was thinking of the Ba he had in the series. And we already have an Hs made, but there's no Ba variant yet in the DX line.

Ah apologies, I confused myself. I keep thinking the Hs in the series was his and not Keith's.

Well, bring on the Ba, Bandai! 

43 minutes ago, MKT said:

The wait begins to see if this mold has been massaged further for any improvements..

video tweet of fighter-mode from the same person:

https://twitter.com/simsim5479/status/1551766674059120641?cxt=HHwWgsCq2bDk_YgrAAAA

looks like it prolly still require massaging and stuff...

Edited by treatment

21 minutes ago, ValkAddict said:

Good news, looks like Bandai made fixes to Bogue's fighter mode - as reported on Twitter

That's great to hear! The earlier video linked by @treatment above, already appear to show improvements to that area, but it wasn't that clear.

Bogue's AX didn't seem that popular during PO, but will it be now the most popular sought-after DX VF-31AX from these mold improvements? :unknw: 

Edited by MKT

23 minutes ago, ValkAddict said:

Good news, looks like Bandai made fixes to Bogue's fighter mode - as reported on Twitter

The drooping guns and the wing peg have improved significantly on Mirage release already. It looks about the same to me.:unknw: