Jump to content

VF-31AX Kairos Plus - Bogue Con-Vaart Use


sqidd
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

I have yet to open any of my Delta VFs.....including the latest AX....so mine are currently all free of any QC issues!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSqaAYlXAgxd5WIOF5bGHl

Hahaha! :lol: 

Don't worry. The DX Valks from the series are safe and good. :good: The last movie that featured the 31AX on the other hand, :vava:.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just something to keep in mind, that ad is entirely CGI.  I would not trust anything about that image at all, including the colors.

I... may try for one.  But I'm not even convinced I want to keep it.  I don't mind the colors, but the logo is actually kind of obnoxious, and I have no idea why they couldn't just make the color scheme consistent and give him red.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I found this pict on some FB group that shows the finished prototype of the product.

the green looks lighter than the Promotional pict. And yeah, like what @Chronocidal said, the ad is entirely CG and looks poorly rendered so i wouldn't trust it too much.

In my opinion, i think the finished product colors will be closer to the prototype. But we'll see

273555900_10159155774058303_1448924753519761096_n.jpg

273570764_10159155774118303_4933684752511770806_n.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok.. that... looks worse.

I want to guess that the whole color palette of that video might be polluted by the plants in the background, but that green is like.. dark lime.

I guess maybe they couldn't bear not having at least one Christmas valk? :huh:

Edit: ... Hold up.  If he's Delta 06.. who are the other pilots again?

Edited by Chronocidal
Link to comment
Share on other sites

so, is it me, or do we have the voice actors for the series presenting the DX toys and talking about them and playing with them.  Some of the females appear to be familiar, as in they are the VA for the Delta girls.  It is cool to see the toy in physical 3D shape, but for now, I shall have to live vicariously through the pictures posted in the VF-31AX threads to see what they are.

Twich

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Edit: ... Hold up.  If he's Delta 06.. who are the other pilots again?

01 Arad, 03 Chuck, 04 Mirage, 05 Hayate, and now 06 Bogue.

7 hours ago, twich said:

so, is it me, or do we have the voice actors for the series presenting the DX toys and talking about them and playing with them.  Some of the females appear to be familiar, as in they are the VA for the Delta girls.  It is cool to see the toy in physical 3D shape, but for now, I shall have to live vicariously through the pictures posted in the VF-31AX threads to see what they are.

Twich

The guy who's holding the toy is Bogue's VA. The girls on the bottom shot are Kaname's, Reina's, and Freyja's VA in that order sequence.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

01 Arad, 03 Chuck, 04 Mirage, 05 Hayate, and now 06 Bogue.

The guy who's holding the toy is Bogue's VA. The girls on the bottom shot are Kaname's, Reina's, and Freyja's VA in that order sequence.

 

Top shot left is mikumo’s VA? She changed her hair/looks...

Edited by seti88
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Another must have for me.

So far my collection has no holes and I want to keep it that way.

Your post made me think how much easier it is for young collectors today to keep up/acquire Macross merch, especially the toys, for their collections when compared to back in the day when this whole Macross thing started...the internet sure beats mail-order! ^_^

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Your post made me think how much easier it is for young collectors today to keep up/acquire Macross merch, especially the toys, for their collections when compared to back in the day when this whole Macross thing started...the internet sure beats mail-order! ^_^

You sure are right about that.

Having to scour brick and mortar stores, yard sales, and meeting up with others who knew of these items made for quite an experience.

Those were some fun times.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Rein+ said:

So... green on grey valk. Its looks ugly to imo, and the quality control of this valk is... meh.

Still doesn't know wheter i will take it or not to make the whole squadron.

With things not lining up properly, I don't think the 31AX deserves to have the whole squadron complete. 

I only wish they fix Mirage's before release. After that, I'm done with the 31AX.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think... honestly, I would take a re-release of the Kairos over more of these any day.  

Quality and manufacturing issues aside, I don't think any of the features of this design are an improvement over the existing 31A.
- The new canopy changed the nose profile enough that it doesn't seem like it flows as well as the old one
- The thermometer pod is just dumb, and the new gunpod has all the detriments of the older one's dumb grip design, while being bulkier and having a worse mounting method
- The new arm design is a pile of sloppy panels that were never going to lay flush outside of a computer model
And that's leaving out the potential problems with the new super pack attachments, because Bandai seems to absolutely love screwing up a good thing. <_< 

There are so many things I would change about this design at this point, it's just become an ugly duckling of what was probably Bandai's best overall release.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

I think... honestly, I would take a re-release of the Kairos over more of these any day.  

Quality and manufacturing issues aside, I don't think any of the features of this design are an improvement over the existing 31A.
- The new canopy changed the nose profile enough that it doesn't seem like it flows as well as the old one
- The thermometer pod is just dumb, and the new gunpod has all the detriments of the older one's dumb grip design, while being bulkier and having a worse mounting method
- The new arm design is a pile of sloppy panels that were never going to lay flush outside of a computer model
And that's leaving out the potential problems with the new super pack attachments, because Bandai seems to absolutely love screwing up a good thing. <_< 

There are so many things I would change about this design at this point, it's just become an ugly duckling of what was probably Bandai's best overall release.

Not trying to cause a stir or ruffle feathers, but I see your many valid points with exception to one. I honestly don’t think the VF-31A CF Kairos was THEE best for Bandai. I think the hype of not being able to own one is what created the mythos behind it. 

Hopefully Bandai will improve on this design and we hopefully we see it on the Mirage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Not trying to cause a stir or ruffle feathers, but I see your many valid points with exception to one. I honestly don’t think the VF-31A CF Kairos was THEE best for Bandai. I think the hype of not being able to own one is what created the mythos behind it. 

Hopefully Bandai will improve on this design and we hopefully we see it on the Mirage.

VF-31A CF Kairos is the same model as the VF-31 Siegfried the different is just the paint job, the wing orientation, there's missile on the leg instead of drone packs and no fold quarts on the chest that make the super parts doesn't fit correctly on it.

But VF-31A CF does look better than the power ranger color scheme of VF-31 siegfried.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Not trying to cause a stir or ruffle feathers, but I see your many valid points with exception to one. I honestly don’t think the VF-31A CF Kairos was THEE best for Bandai. I think the hype of not being able to own one is what created the mythos behind it. 

Hopefully Bandai will improve on this design and we hopefully we see it on the Mirage.

Agreed. I wasn't very impressed with mine. Certainly not as much as its mythical status would lead you to believe.

And no one seems to talk about it's terrible paint chipping problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Not trying to cause a stir or ruffle feathers, but I see your many valid points with exception to one. I honestly don’t think the VF-31A CF Kairos was THEE best for Bandai. I think the hype of not being able to own one is what created the mythos behind it. 

Hopefully Bandai will improve on this design and we hopefully we see it on the Mirage.

No worries there, no feathers to ruffle in the first place. ^_^   

I actually meant to say that the whole VF-31 line has generally been one of Bandai's most solid products in recent memory, not just specifically the 31A.  That one is my favorite, but it's almost entirely due to the paint scheme.  Up to this point, the quality control and engineering on all of the 31 releases has been very good, and I hope we get back to that level of polish by the time Mirage's comes out.

Design wise though, I think the AX feels like a downgrade from the original VF-31, and I'd rather have more paint variants of that older design than this "upgrade."  Sadly, that's not really something Bandai ever does.

Edited by Chronocidal
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

No worries there, no feathers to ruffle in the first place. ^_^   

I actually meant to say that the whole VF-31 line has generally been one of Bandai's most solid products in recent memory, not just specifically the 31A.  That one is my favorite, but it's almost entirely due to the paint scheme.  Up to this point, the quality control and engineering on all of the 31 releases has been very good, and I hope we get back to that level of polish by the time Mirage's comes out.

giphy.gif.67b26277f546c892172491b875ed84bd.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Boy they're really desperate to sell this one, aren't they?  I'll give credit where it's due, that's a fantastic render, and if they were selling that model, I'd absolutely buy one to use in something like DCS. or MS Flight Sim.

They clearly have a prototype, since the VAs were fiddling with one.. but apparently the physical product isn't good enough for their promotional images?

I mean.. I don't blame them, the actual toy is infinitely more gappy than their CGI copy, and there's no way those arms and hands can hold the gunpod that well. :rolleyes: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like green but man, this green does NOT go with those grays. The big bright red emblem doesn't help and the blue fold crystal... it's all very primary colors. I was fairly disappointed in my Hayate AX so this will be an easy skip. Mirage will probably be my last AX unless they really knock the next one out of the park.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, jenius said:

His mission pack should have the thermometer be the grip of a sword that he can pull out to go Voltron style. 

Now thats an idea!

Then he can use the sword to fight the drakens! Like in a final scene where the draken pinned the 31 down in close combat, and abt to stab! The 31 reaches up behind and pulls out the sword to block! 

What a missed opportunity kawamori-san!

Edited by seti88
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...