Arcadia VF-5000G

daBlah!

I hope the final colors are like in these last photos but they look like darker than they should, specially the one where you see the valk with other models together. I think the colors will be more close to what we saw in that convention than these.

Still loving it. But I would like to see photos of the fighter mode without the booster on the back. 

2 hours ago, Miles_Wolf said:

But I would like to see photos of the fighter mode without the booster on the back. 

I think the Booster is permanently attached to it. :rolleyes: Do I hear 'PO Cancelled', anyone? :ph34r:

2 hours ago, chriswoo said:

it look great overall however i feel the neck part abit skinny and might prone to break.. 

They're making sure that the head doesn't swivel so it won't break. :rolleyes: Do I hear 'PO Cancelled'? :ph34r:

Again, do I hear people cancelling their PO's? :spiteful: :p

2 hours ago, Froy said:

I knew there was something odd. Why is Arcadia giving it hard points?

For display value. Plus it looks bad ass with reaction missiles. 

40 minutes ago, MKT said:

Somehow the valk has very minimal decals, even for a non-PF. PO Cancelled.

They're reserving it for their Premium Finish version which they will announce it 3 months after the regular release PO. Or worst, they'll probably announce it once the regular got released. :spiteful:

That's just Bandai in a nutshell though, quantity over quality, not caring if any of it makes a lick of sense.  I'd much rather have 50% of the canon markings than 200% that are Bandai's garbage-looking made-up ones, including purposefully incorrect ones that they refuse to correct because they stand behind their mistakes like they're some sort of bizarre artistic statement.

At the end of the day, it's a whole lot easier to add missing markings than to erase incorrect or ugly ones.

Edited by Chronocidal

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

Eh, there aren't enough markings on the Macross 7 valks to warrant a PF version.  I wouldn't mind a bit more tampo, but I think all I'd add are intake warnings anyhow, and they'd clash.

Yeah, the intake warnings should be there like the other Valks. But do be careful though if you're going to add aftermarket waterslides to it. It might get scratch if you're going to use its stand adaptor.

o1995133315158689045.jpg

2 hours ago, Chunky001 said:

Why I didn't PO any Angel Birds. First DX VF-1 I have passed on.

That's exactly why I passed on the Angel Birds as well. I just couldn't get past the massively ugly emblem they invented and slapped all over the valk like a bad tattoo.

On 8/12/2022 at 6:01 AM, Duymon said:

How long until we get the M3 5000B's because I will totally get both of those, but we may never get those if we don't buy the funny green M7 5000g -_-

Mr K agreed with me the B looked good.  That's not an acknowledgement they'll actually make it though.

Yeah, I'm actually really liking that shade of green in the newest photos, it's pretty bright, but not gaudy like the older photos.  The original just looked nasty because there wasn't enough contrast with the yellow, but the newer shade has enough blue in it so the green and yellow start to compliment each other.

13 hours ago, frankell05 said:

Every time i look at that color scheme.....It at least needs some shading or something. It looks so bland now it actually take away from the great design of the mech.

For me it needs more definition on the head turret. Like painting the face plate in a darker green.

The green color doesn’t pick up light the same way as the white of the VF-1 head turret for example, resulting in a loss of definition.

• 2 months later...