Arcadia VF-5000G

daBlah!

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

We will see, seeing that there's no indication that there's a hole reserved for the shoulder armor to put that on. Yes, maybe via magnets.

For now, I'm not sure if I'm going to preorder this when it becomes available. I want to have one even though I'm not a fan of M7/Dynamite. It has to do with the colors. :rolleyes:

Maybe we''ll have to wait for the "Liza Hoilie Use" VF-5000G to get the speaker pods....;)

I definitely will get one of the "standard Zolan Patrol" VF-5000G's, however, I'd prefer to wait for the "premium finish" version....there will eventually be one, right? :unknw:

11 minutes ago, Mommar said:

God, no.

Haha I was thinking of the various Yamato VF-19s finishing, and can’t seem imagine them in matte when I made that comment.

But M&M’s VF-22s in matte also looked good.

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

Man, they really nailed the look of this thing.

I was never much of a fan of the Battroid mode but the toy is really selling it to me here.

Same here. I really like it even though I know it might be the same size as the VF-1's. But I still have issues with the color. :rolleyes:

Speaking of color though, let's hope Arcadia is not going to mess up the color when in gets released. :ph34r:

Edited by no3Ljm

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Same here. I really like it even though I know it might be the same size as the VF-1's. But I still have issues with the color. :rolleyes:

Speaking of color though, let's hope Arcadia is not going to mess up the color when in gets released. :ph34r:

I don't have a problem with the size.  I like it'll be smaller for once.

I asked Mr K on Twitter if they would do other liveries.  He didn't respond.

11 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I don't have a problem with the size.  I like it'll be smaller for once.

I asked Mr K on Twitter if they would do other liveries.  He didn't respond.

Thanks Mommar! Hope he does reply. :good: If not, I'll probably pass this one for now. I'll just wait for other color variants.

Edit: It looks like he replied on your question.

今回は隊長機です。後に一般機(ライザ搭乗機)を考えています。

"This time it is a captain's plane. Later we are considering a general plane (Liza boarding plane)."

Seeing Liza was mentioned, I did check VF-5000 from Macross Mecha Manual after. She is mostly mentioned as a pilot of the same color variant whether it's with Speaker or Booster. Would be nice if they do Macross Plus version or VF-X Ravens version. ;) 

Edited by no3Ljm

12 minutes ago, MKT said:

Usually, the valks Kawamori designed would be heavily influenced by real life jets, & commonly of the prototype variety.

I wonder what is this VF-5000 modelled after?

Supposedly the Dassault Mirage 2000, but I really see very little resemblance aside from both having Mirage in the name.

Dassault Mirage 2000 - Wikipedia

To me, the VF-5000 still has far more in common with an F-14 than this.

33 minutes ago, MKT said:

Usually, the valks Kawamori designed would be heavily influenced by real life jets, & commonly of the prototype variety.

I wonder what is this VF-5000 modelled after?

It somehow resembles MiG-29?

image.png.ded6253b33b4a4d0225f0ef845cc71ec.png

Though the fuselage resembles F-22.

image.jpeg.1b93e90d7e2423cb627b4fc2feb92e53.jpeg

Edited by no3Ljm

9 hours ago, MacrossJunkie said:

Supposedly the Dassault Mirage 2000, but I really see very little resemblance aside from both having Mirage in the name.

Dassault Mirage 2000 - Wikipedia

To me, the VF-5000 still has far more in common with an F-14 than this.

8 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

It somehow resembles MiG-29?

image.png.ded6253b33b4a4d0225f0ef845cc71ec.png

Though the fuselage resembles F-22.

image.jpeg.1b93e90d7e2423cb627b4fc2feb92e53.jpeg

Don't really see the resemblance to these jets. Perhaps some similarities to the Mirage 2000 in the cockpit and nosecone proportions.. I suppose Kawamori hasn't figured out how to do single engine valks then, until the SV-262.

4 hours ago, MKT said:

Don't really see the resemblance to these jets. Perhaps some similarities to the Mirage 2000 in the cockpit and nosecone proportions.. I suppose Kawamori hasn't figured out how to do single engine valks then, until the SV-262.

I always thought it was just primarily because it was a delta-winged design, very roughly speaking.

I think it's just the name, really. The VF-4 Lightning III (retroactively) shares a name with the F-35 and P-38, and zero of their design features. Actually, now that I think about it, I wonder if the VF-4 was originally called Lightning II and then changed to III after the F-35 took the name...

Looking at the Battroid mode and I must admit that I am not really liking that crotch/hip/leg setup.

Fuselage is hanging too low, legs seem too wide apart, the hip rotation point sits too high/too far back and that leading edge bit the legs are hanging off from is too prominent which is limiting the degree of movement for the hips/legs.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if it's because of bright convention lights or because the new prototype is actually darker and slightly less saturated in color, but those new shots look a whole lot better and much closer to what I was expecting, while the earlier shots looked really pastel and more like a kid's toy.

Colors look even better now overall, though I'm not really a fan of heavily tinted canopies. It obscures the pilot & cockpit detailing too much.

Incidentally, the conformal tanks on the legs look to be the most subtle off all the valkyries:

WF012.jpg.bedd9d0124658acf2a1e4a70fe7b2f3d.jpg

I think it's wrong lights and/or white balance, just look at really dark vf-19 and gray vf-1j kit that should be white

1 hour ago, MacrossJunkie said:

I don't know if it's because of bright convention lights or because the new prototype is actually darker and slightly less saturated in color, but those new shots look a whole lot better and much closer to what I was expecting, while the earlier shots looked really pastel and more like a kid's toy.