Arcadia VF-5000G

daBlah!

I wouldn't worry to much either as according to their blog via Google Translate:

There are some minor corrections here as well.

At the time of fighter, the place where the head beam cannon is stuck in the fast pack,

It will be a shape that escapes in parallel to the rear of the aircraft.

1 hour ago, wmkjr said:

I wouldn't worry to much either as according to their blog via Google Translate:

There are some minor corrections here as well.

At the time of fighter, the place where the head beam cannon is stuck in the fast pack,

It will be a shape that escapes in parallel to the rear of the aircraft.

:good:Now is just to see how they will correct it. Reducing the length of the laser or raising the booster...or both!

16 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Sounds like at least part of it is changing the head laser to a shallower angle.

I get it’s just a prototype, but I have a feeling the laser would definitely need to be shortened somewhat.

With the booster attached, there needs to be sufficient clearance for the head to pop out and turn forward, when transforming to battroid mode.

Edited by seti88

Its great they're going to address the head laser and fast pack issue. Where the fighter and gerwalk modes look great... I'm wondering how the battroid would look just standing without the base (typical upright narrow 'A' stance pose). From the prototype pic it looks like the intake/hip sections look pretty setback due to the transformation mechanism. 

Its looking great and will buy, but definitely need more pics.

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

2 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Sounds like at least part of it is changing the head laser to a shallower angle.

That's what i think too. The angle of the dangle adjustment for the head laser( please don't shorten it Arcadia) in addition, the booster struts certainly look taller in the animation/art. 

24 minutes ago, Bolt said:

That's what i think too. The angle of the dangle adjustment for the head laser( please don't shorten it Arcadia) in addition, the booster struts certainly look taller in the animation/art. 

I wonder also if the head laser could slide into the head a bit?

1 minute ago, pengbuzz said:

I wonder also if the head laser could slide into the head a bit?

They managed that with the VF-19s, having the center head laser mounted in a track, but it doesn't look like there's much room for that on this head design.  Also, the laser is so long, I'm thinking it wouldn't make that much difference if they did.

I'd be happy to be proven wrong though.

1 hour ago, whitestar said:

So excited about a new valk that's not from either Frontier or Delta. With the exception of the VF-27 Lucifer, every other valk that came after the VF-22 was so underwhelming 

Not underwhelming to me. I love the chronos (waist swivel/missile pods/looks damm cool!), 31 (articulation master!) and draken (single thruster valk! with a sword and shield no less!).

But yes i also love the frontier valks just as much. Esp armored 25 (which i might say is the best armored valk iteration ever....if there was such a thing..)

I think the head laser design could be a case of Arcadia showing the initial design to Kawamori for approval and he replied that the head ladder always poked into the Fast Pack in his mind and so they had to change it. ^_^

On 2/21/2022 at 2:38 AM, Scyla said:

I think the head laser design could be a case of Arcadia showing the initial design to Kawamori for approval and he replied that the head ladder always poked into the Fast Pack in his mind and so they had to change it. ^_^

Its odd.  the lineart earlier in this thread shows the booster WAY off centerline of the valk, perhaps to avoid the laser poking into it.  At least that is how i interpret it.  arcadia's model has the booster on the centerline of the valk (which makes more sense honestly). 

49 minutes ago, Mechapilot77 said:

Its odd.  the lineart earlier in this thread shows the booster WAY off centerline of the valk, perhaps to avoid the laser poking into it.  At least that is how i interpret it.  arcadia's model has the booster on the centerline of the valk (which makes more sense honestly). 

The line art is sort of an optical illusion. The booster is up off of the plane by a fair amount. The white pieces circled in green are support struts for the booster. The red line I drew goes straight up from the center of the plane to the underneath center line of the booster. 

3AA3D8DD-C353-4377-AE4C-61617AC1EF42.png

4 hours ago, rematron said:

The line art is sort of an optical illusion. The booster is up off of the plane by a fair amount. The white pieces circled in green are support struts for the booster. The red line I drew goes straight up from the center of the plane to the underneath center line of the booster. 

You are correct, and the side view from the Anime shows those struts are very high as well.  Though the toy's laser is way too long.  I don't know how I feel about it.  The booster sitting closer to the body of the plane makes more sense, and looks good, but it also isn't accurate and creates the "clipping" head laser.

15 hours ago, jenius said:

The changes we're pinning for are really minor. I have high hopes they'll be addressed. Not like any of it affects proportions or transformation.

Arcadia does tend to put a lot of thought into their designs, so I am optimistic as well. Hopefully we'll never see another production QC issue like the SV-51 Ivanov "two left feet" fiasco, but that wasn't a result of bad design--just bad execution.

25 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

Arcadia does tend to put a lot of thought into their designs, so I am optimistic as well. Hopefully we'll never see another production QC issue like the SV-51 Ivanov "two left feet" fiasco, but that wasn't a result of bad design--just bad execution.

And most likely done by a sub contractor.

34 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Much more excited about this (and Arcadia releases in general) than Bandai stuff, like Bogue con fart or whatever his name is. 

True-lu-lu. :lol:  I know for a fact that I'm not getting Bogue's AX. And seeing that it's military green and not teal, I'm now somehow considering of getting this upcoming Teal Valk instead of waiting for the other color variants of it. :rolleyes:

Edited by no3Ljm

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...