Arcadia VF-5000G

daBlah!

I'm with some of the others here: super stoked that Arcadia's producing a yet-unproduced valk in 1/60 scale, but I'm not crazy about the teal and yellow color scheme. I want to support Arcadia (almost said Yamato 😇, but I'm willing to hold out for this instead.Image result for VF-5000 starmirage Too, being a new mold, if there are any issues, the first wave is likely to experience them, and be pointed out by fans, hopefully, for correction by the time they do a second release. I'm patient, but I am excited for the eventual reviews to see how this new toy shapes up. I hope they nail it right outta the gate.

21 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Does anyone know if Arcadia has a customer input portal? I'm thinking that a lot of us would like one of the different liveries. Maybe we should say something.

I would ask Mr K directly through his Twitter account:https://mobile.twitter.com/mrk_arcadia

2 hours ago, Axelay said:

Still wildly excited about this. Up until now, I never noticed before that the head laser tucks up into the booster while in fighter mode. Such a curious design choice by Kawamori.

Kawamori designs doesn't show the head laser tucked in in Valkyrie mode with Booster. This is more of Arcadia's take due to probably how the booster sits as per lineart and keeping the head laser long in proportion to the head.

Image courtesy of Macross Mecha Manual.

vf-5000g-superbooster-fighter.gif.63306bc4dc9f0b9f8ee62f47bcf35499.gif

17 minutes ago, jenius said:

I want this scheme! I need a couple garish only in anime schemes before I start craving realistic versions.

I'm in the same camp, kinda like the 500G scheme.

45 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Please include the Mighty Block and the rest of the stands on those inquiry, @Ignacio Ocamica. ;) :drinks:

Will do!!!

50 minutes ago, recon said:

Pls do ask Mr K if he and arcadia would consider rereleasing the M7 VF-19 and VF-17 too with an improved design and in matt finishing as they are one of my fav valks

I would really like they released the VF-3000. That one is my dream VF.

9 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Kawamori designs doesn't show the head laser tucked in in Valkyrie mode with Booster. This is more of Arcadia's take due to probably how the booster sits as per lineart and keeping the head laser long in proportion to the head.

Image courtesy of Macross Mecha Manual.

Hmm lineart magic?

17 hours ago, enphily said:

A few shots from Mr.K

o1706096015075940657.jpg

o1706096015075940653.jpg

It does seem a bit weird that the booster has a hole to accommodate the head laser.

But i suppose arcadia has no choice to design it that way?

25 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Hmm lineart magic?

It does seem a bit weird that the booster has a hole to accommodate the head laser.

But i suppose arcadia has no choice to design it that way?

Hmm, the lineart has the booster sitting higher up on those white and teal struts, which I don't see on the prototype. Which would leave room for the head laser. Curious.

7 minutes ago, aurance said:

Hmm, the lineart has the booster sitting higher up on those white and teal struts, which I don't see on the prototype. Which would leave room for the head laser. Curious.

oh are those struts? Couldnt tell cos it looked like fuselage panels...dont tell me arcadia got fooled too..

😂

3 minutes ago, aurance said:

The struts is there. It's just how the photo was taken on the latest image from Mr. K. Either Arcadia designed the Booster to sit lower. Or the head laser design is just too long. 

20220206_013033.jpg.dd023e6411ef946376f24e6c1c406896.jpg

vf-5000g-superbooster-battroid.gif.a9ea0a81022d039fd5fa8d150383b561.gif

20220206_013025.jpg.16979d3b532576b3c3253d520baffda8.jpg

7 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

The struts is there. It's just how the photo was taken on the latest image from Mr. K. Either Arcadia designed the Booster to sit lower. Or the head laser design is just too long. 

Ooof i wonder if that hole would bother OCD folks...😂

In battroid its exposed...

Those booster struts ought to be longer + laser should be shorter...

which now makes me notice since you pointed it out.......why is the head laser so long??? overcompensating??

Edited by seti88

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

20220206_013033.jpg.dd023e6411ef946376f24e6c1c406896.jpg

vf-5000g-superbooster-battroid.gif.a9ea0a81022d039fd5fa8d150383b561.gif

The booster struts should be of a taller design to enable the booster to be pivoted clear from the head laser in fighter mode. And the head laser is way too long and to hide it in the booster would be defeating the purpose of a head laser unit which can be deployed in dog fights

1 hour ago, recon said:

The booster struts should be of a taller design to enable the booster to be pivoted clear from the head laser in fighter mode. And the head laser is way too long and to hide it in the booster would be defeating the purpose of a head laser unit which can be deployed in dog fights

Hole in the booster/length of laser aside, i don't thk its feasible to fire the laser unit during dogfights, when the booster is attached?
The head laser doesnt rotate?

I mean, they could solve everything by just having the laser lay flat in fighter mode, but for some reason none of the rear-facing single-laser head designs ever seem to do that?  Drives me a bit bats really, because I'm always worried about bumping into them and breaking them.  I think the VF-25A/G is the only head that allows the laser to mostly streamline in fighter mode.

At least with the VF-19s and VF-11 the center lasers can be pushed down to hide under the arm shield.

Fortunately that booster slot doesn't really bother me, since I'd rather display this one naked anyhow. ^_^ 

Edited by Chronocidal

Check out these frames from Dynamite 7. I get that the in-action art doesn't always match the lineart, but we can clearly see here that the head laser doesn't extend into the booster.

(But, uh... y'know what? I don't even care. In this case, I'm still just so utterly thrilled that a Star Mirage is on the way that I'm willing to let it ride. Who knows? Maybe Arcadia will see this and fix it before release?)

vf5000 laser 2.jpg

vf5000 laser.jpg

By the looks of the front landing gear, I’m guessing they’re still in the design phase? Or maybe that’s a new set up style they’re working on. But it looks different from anything else they’ve produced. Then again, I’m not really that familiar with the VF-5000. I’m really excited about it though. It’s a beautiful bird.  

5 minutes ago, rematron said:

By the looks of the front landing gear, I’m guessing they’re still in the design phase? Or maybe that’s a new set up style they’re working on. But it looks different from anything else they’ve produced. Then again, I’m not really that familiar with the VF-5000. I’m really excited about it though. It’s a beautiful bird.  

Probably a new design courtesy of Arcadia if there's no scene of the VF-5000 with the landing gear deployed in the series. But then, every maker have their take on it. Think of Bandai's landing gear for the VF/YF-19.

Edited by no3Ljm

Looking great, too early to panic on the head laser issue, it should be a simple fix though, just extend the mounts.  Though making them longer will increase stresses, so the mounts will have to be stronger/heavier.  Maybe this was the compromise.