Arcadia VF-5000G

daBlah!

38 minutes ago, close313 said:

Ok cost jokes aside, I miss Valks toys that have wings that actually fold/transform FLAT on the back. Something Bandai era valks seem to not have anymore.

So much this.. Everything from the YF-29 onwards (except 262) just have wings just hanging off too much at the back.

19 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Macross dialect/colloquial/accent is what makes the macross world go round... 

Ma-Ma...

Just bought a valk......took out the card and couldn't wait, pressed F5 and now is paid...

:crazy:

Yup, its as if we could travel to the future to see how easy/hard it is. The whole arm folding on to itself is a sight to behold..(although am not sure if thats how its actually supposed to turn out?)

A different type of transformation always brings an added dimension to so-called valk magic!

Ah! I'm curious what Valk did you bought? :rolleyes:

As for the arm, I think that's how it is. Here's the transformation line art:

vf-5000-transformation.gif.6eb054fbecb1ce86be5faa7b936bb424.gif

Just now, no3Ljm said:

Haha thats just my sing-a-long 😅...waiting for the darn 21 to pull the trigger. 😁

Delta valks aint got me yet...

ah should have realised he would have had a reference to build it...doh!

Cool to see it in action!:drinks:

32 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

vf-5000-transformation.gif.6eb054fbecb1ce86be5faa7b936bb424.gif

Looking at the line art, it seems the person who made the 3D printed kit employed his own solutions to collapse parts of the shoulder, arms and back of legs even more to get around the anime magic for a more accurate Fighter.. It'll be interesting to see how Arcadia does this..

57 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Haha thats just my sing-a-long 😅...waiting for the darn 21 to pull the trigger. 😁

Delta valks aint got me yet...

ah should have realised he would have had a reference to build it...doh!

Cool to see it in action!:drinks:

I looked again on Arcadia's prototype, and it looks like the vertical fin folds and sandwiched between the forearm section compared to the 3D print above.

26 minutes ago, MKT said:

Looking at the line art, it seems the person who made the 3D printed kit employed his own solutions to collapse parts of the shoulder, arms and back of legs even more to get around the anime magic for a more accurate Fighter.. It'll be interesting to see how Arcadia does this..

Yeah. It reminds me of Bandai's anime-magic on the YF-19. I'm curious too on how Arcadia is going to do this. Or they're just going to end up having separate pieces to cover the back of the legs again.

6 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I looked again on Arcadia's prototype, and it looks like the vertical fin folds and sandwiched between the forearm section compared to the 3D print above.

Hmm maybe a prototype they couldnt gave the vertical fin flopping around, and so sandwiched in the forearm? Unless of course its some way to hide the vertical fin hinge.

But it seems awkwardly too near the hand too, so i would probably put that as a prototype stick together.

4 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Hmm maybe a prototype they couldnt gave the vertical fin flopping around, and so sandwiched in the forearm? Unless of course its some way to hide the vertical fin hinge.

But it seems awkwardly too near the hand too, so i would probably put that as a prototype stick together.

I think it is, 90%. Look at the arm sequence on the far right. The big image emphasizes the fin folds, and then on the smaller image the other half of the forearm. Yes, probably it's too close to the hand as per how the sizes are in physical form versus the anime-magic lineart. I'm curious too on the arm mechanism. Like how close the 3D artist did on his.

1318597183_ScreenShot2022-02-06at11_08_40PM.png.6da1f763e9cdb4ccef6cebcee50980dc.png

On a side note though, I'll probably wait first until I see a painted prototype before deciding on getting it. I'm more on the other schemes than what they're producing. We'll see. ;) 

1 hour ago, MKT said:

He goes by Tage on the forums here. If he jumps on the forum you could ask him. Here's his thread:

https://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/43727-160-vf-5000-3d-printing/

7 hours ago, MKT said:

Everything from the YF-29 onwards (except 262) just have wings just hanging off too much at the back.

Completely agree. It took me a while to accept that the wings out backpacks of the 25’s, 27’s, 29’s and 31’s. That flush cleanness of the VF-1’s that carried thru to the 11’s, 17’s, and 171’s I just liked more. Of all the options left of unmade Valks to choose from this 5000 is by far the best looking and I can’t wait to get my hands on one. 

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I looked again on Arcadia's prototype, and it looks like the vertical fin folds and sandwiched between the forearm section

It looks a little bit like what’s always been done for the fin on the Legioss’ arms?  It folds into the forearm area on a small hinge to hide it away. Looks slightly similar on the 5000 in terms of fin location. 
1EE176D2-876C-4BD3-B372-2E61236B3D06.gif.9e3d5770e9d11557385fb63dba7f7387.gif
D77E3FDD-2023-42E4-9469-44A19E1D6A99.jpeg.5410a1ef55b0229b5f9e63d692e84e0b.jpeg

Edited by sjoebarry

3 hours ago, sjoebarry said:

It looks a little bit like what’s always been done for the fin on the Legioss’ arms?  It folds into the forearm area on a small hinge to hide it away. Looks slightly similar on the 5000 in terms of fin location. 
1EE176D2-876C-4BD3-B372-2E61236B3D06.gif.9e3d5770e9d11557385fb63dba7f7387.gif
D77E3FDD-2023-42E4-9469-44A19E1D6A99.jpeg.5410a1ef55b0229b5f9e63d692e84e0b.jpeg

Yes, the location's the same. But as how the lineart goes, the fin folds first before the other half of the forearm. Basically like a sandwich. Legioss fin on the other hand swivels down.

Screen Shot 2022-02-06 at 11.08.40 PM.png

In which I believe Arcadia did on their prototype below.

20220206_013030.jpg

20220206_013025.jpg

Edited by no3Ljm

43 minutes ago, sjoebarry said:

ahhh yes, i see it now zooming in.  interesting.

Yeah. And I think @Tage most did the arm correctly expect on sandwiching the fin. There's that part he did rotate when he said clearance on the arm. Upon rewatching it, it looks like after he rotated a part, the clearance probably he was referring too is where the fin will rest after it gets sandwiched. Assuming that it's going to be the same as Arcadia, this forearm mechanism is close to the lineart. Do note, that on the third image is where he sits the fin since initially, according to him he wasn't sure how it's going to end up where.

115242626_ScreenShot2022-02-07at9_59_51AM.png.3d253674a53411a56194871f2da2ef8a.png

912168991_ScreenShot2022-02-07at9_55_38AM.png.35f2689f2905b6275fea144c15bf5ae0.png

1116018157_ScreenShot2022-02-07at9_56_12AM.png.35fa90c1e3ae639e148359dc515e2f78.png

It will certainly be fun and interesting to experience the full transformation process. And , i know this has been whipped out every time size is a question. But here's that size chart , once again, for good ole' comparison. 
On that note, i trust true fans like Arcadia to get the sizing right.

B7C8F497-D4E1-427D-A717-81BB9B372A63.jpeg.59830c9873ddfaf7c1c7a902443ab137.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Bolt said:

It will certainly be fun and interesting to experience the full transformation process. And , i know this has been whipped out every time size is a question. But here's that size chart , once again, for good ole' comparison. 
On that note, i trust true fans like Arcadia to get the sizing right.

B7C8F497-D4E1-427D-A717-81BB9B372A63.jpeg.59830c9873ddfaf7c1c7a902443ab137.jpeg

Touch smaller than VF-1, then that's not going to cost us $400+/-. :rolleyes:

But I don't think it will ever go below Y30000. Probably like the VF-4A? Y32780 MSRP. Y27000 PO price (AmiAmi). What do you guys think?

Edited by no3Ljm

when i saw this news (on my fb feed?) i was elated!  a new mold from arcadia, compeltely new not a V2 like the SV-51.  I HOPE the price is somewhat reasonable.  this isn't a huge valk and doesn't look hugely complicated.  ITs probabaly the smallest one and probably middling in terms of complexity.  hoping for a price better than that of the recent sentinel legioss (i mean its bigger than that but not much and complexity is the same....but the legioss was what i consider overpriced....i still bought em but begrudging the price).  Also the single "fast pack" i hope is included.  That said, i wish they'd show what the first FEW decos would be.  The acqua blue yellow is ok but some others seem better.  either way, unless is unreasonable in price (looking at you SV-51!!) I will support this project and hope for repaints.

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

But I don't think it will ever go below Y30000. Probably like the VF-4A? Y32780 MSRP. Y27000 PO price (AmiAmi). What do you guys think?

Y37500 MSRP

33 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

SV-51's discounted preorder price, huh? 

Hmmm. If it is, I'll just wait for Arcadia to make the color scheme I like. :rolleyes:

They have to pay for new R&D and molds. Plus, inflation/rising cost of raw materials and the weakening power of the dollar.

32 minutes ago, sqidd said:

They have to pay for new R&D and molds. Plus, inflation/rising cost of raw materials and the weakening power of the dollar.

I agree. That is truly understandable. :good:  If that's the price is going to be, I rather wait and get the color scheme I like since I suck on painting. :unsure:

3 hours ago, sqidd said:

Agree with all this but also worth noting the US Dollar is currently around the strongest it has been in at least the last five years vs. the Japanese Yen.

9 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Yes, the location's the same. But as how the lineart goes, the fin folds first before the other half of the forearm. Basically like a sandwich. Legioss fin on the other hand swivels down.

Screen Shot 2022-02-06 at 11.08.40 PM.png

In which I believe Arcadia did on their prototype below.

20220206_013030.jpg

20220206_013025.jpg

Seems like arcadia design it in such a way that the fins folds in and sandwich between in the forearms which is close to that of the linear artwork

Edited by recon

7 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Depends if you are asking abt the PF or non -PF version! 😛

3 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Found the Chronicle entries
I honestly sort of looked over this valk when it came out...the colors were just a little odd for me to really like it, but I'm digging the design the more I look

+ like!

VT-5000-G double seater looks cool!